Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Christmas/Holiday Season 2012

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,619 rep
So it's that time of year again (nearly!), discuss here all your plans for the festive season, gift ideas, food ideas etc...

:)

Happy Holidays!
  • spark in the night, November's Storms, Marius Pontmercy and 1 other like this

matteo263

matteo263
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Joined Apr 03, 2009
  • 106 rep
I'll be doing this :P :P

http://www.greendayc...hristmas-album/

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• 13,784 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,826 rep
I was thinking about making a Christmas thread yesterday, but I thought it was too early. :lol:

Well, I put up our Christmas decorations yesterday. :happy: We just have a few things though, because it's our first Christmas in our own appartment. I'll post a picture of my favorite decoration later. :)

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,358 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,771 rep
We put up our little tree last weekend. When we moved, we had to throw out our big one so we've been usually a little 5 footer for a couple years. Probably gonna buy a 7.5 one from work for next year though!

I've already got my sister her present, which was VIP concert tickets. Had to buy a ticket for myself, so it ended up being $200. I'm gonna get my boyfriend an iPod classic, which is around $250 and my sister and I are gonna split on a Tiffany floor lamp for our mom to go with the set of table lamps she has, which'll come to around $210 each. I'm spending way too much this season, but all the presents I'm getting I really feel the people would love. Oh well. It's worth it. :)

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • I'm at the bottom of your list of things to do.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,891 rep
I've pretty much bought all my christmas present for people already, but I must get more stuff for my sister as she always buys me things. Also planning on taking time after my exams to pet reindeer and go visit the markets. :happy:

Miracless

Miracless
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined Jun 01, 2012
  • 222 rep
I haven't done anything. Not even presents yet, but I have plenty of time :P
I haven't even thought of Christmas at all yet.

Happy holidays everyone! :)

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,085 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,102 rep
I haven't got anyone's presents yet, fail. We decorated our flat the other day though, it's lovely and Christmassy now :happy:

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• 13,784 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,826 rep
I have on present so far and that's only, because I bought it already when I was on Crete in September. :lol: I have more or less no idea what to get everyone, except my mom. I also only have like 200€ max. to spend, so it shouldn't be too expensive.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,090 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,065 rep
I'm buying prezzies this weekend, I know what I'm getting everybody though! :P I can't wait for Christmas, something has really got me in the festive mood this year.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,218 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,284 rep
I'm going to sleep. And eat all the stuffing.

AND OPEN ALL THE MOTHERFUCKING PRESENTS

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,558 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,683 rep
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS THREAD!!!! :runaround: I love the holidays. So much. I've had the tree and other decorations up for a week now, and I wrapped and put all my presents under the tree.

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • legally retarded

• 10,118 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,073 rep
FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY FROSTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the skin
  • Billie Hoe is my hero, tigress and Dr. Queen Schultz like this

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,599 rep
Anyone else doing secret santa with their friends/wormates etc? I love the whole idea, because it means I can spend more on a more personal gift for one person, rather than buying load of generic gifts simply because you can't afford anything better. Also, the thought of my gran's SPICY roast turkey is giving me such a foodgasm right now :P

XXXNoOneKnowsXXX

XXXNoOneKnowsXXX
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 62 rep
I have to put the Christmas decorations at my house. And the next week i have to enroll in the university. After I going to enjoy the summer :yay:

Charybterix

Charybterix
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined Jan 04, 2011
  • 24 rep
There's only one thing I'm looking forward to this year: the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

Advertising

missminority182

missminority182
  • You Can't Kill the Me in You

• 8,327 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,749 rep
spend xmas eve and xmas day with my immediate family. then the day after i will be spending it with my sister.

we usually have a buffet style dinner b/c of so many people coming and going

most definitely my and my younger cousin opening one gift on xmas eve, since we are the youngest in the house.

"big gifts" like xbox, wii, etc will be the last present i'd open.

I'm going to sleep. And eat all the stuffing.

AND OPEN ALL THE MOTHERFUCKING PRESENTS

i'm excited for the opening gifts part since my older cousin gets to clean up the paper afterwards ... HAHAH :D

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,388 rep
This is my xmas present to all of you. You're welcome.

• November's Storms, Rumpelstiltskin and WhatserKinx like this

mitzymoo

mitzymoo
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,667 posts
  • Joined Nov 06, 2008
  • 263 rep
I love Christmas :happy: Can't wait for it this year even though I have no idea what to get anyone. We're getting an insert put in our sitting room so we can't put up our decorations yet so today I bought a grow your own Christmas tree to make up for it :lol:

Anyone else doing secret santa with their friends/wormates etc? I love the whole idea, because it means I can spend more on a more personal gift for one person, rather than buying load of generic gifts simply because you can't afford anything better. Also, the thought of my gran's SPICY roast turkey is giving me such a foodgasm right now http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

We do secret santa in work every year, I love it, it's always such good fun :D

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,090 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,065 rep
I feel the need to post this ad here just because every year they show it on TV the whole room laughs and is suddenly in the Christmas mood (plus if you're not Scottish you probably won't have seen it before) :

"He knicked my irn-bru and let go of my hand" :lol:
  • Backyard Skulls and It's Splash Time like this

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,578 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,412 rep
Awesome! It's officially Christmas in Ireland now anyway, those Irish lurking here will understand why. The Late Late Toy Show! (Every year they turn a normally formal talk show into the Toy Show. It's the one time of year kids are allowed stay up and watch kids play with toys and sing and dance and it's oh so magical!)

I've also started downloading some Christmas music. Not the boring shite you usually hear, I have proper stuff :) Brushfire Records (Jack Johnson and others like him) put out a Christmas album called This Warm December which is awesome

And I've also downloaded a double album called Santa Cause-A Punk Rock Christmas. Which has punk bands do covers of all the usual songs. Awesome! And of course my personal Christmas fav :)

• westendriot likes this

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep
Yule Shoot Your Eye Out is my favorite Christmas song!

I have to start shopping for gifts soon. I've been putting it off but I guess I still have plenty of time.

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,292 rep
This is the first time in four years i actually am home properly for christmas. Usually i come back a couple days before, swamped with work to do and only ever have christmas day off.
Though, i need to start present planning, i feel pretty behind not having anything or ideas. However, i was ridiculously productive and bought Jaymee's present over a month ago. I just slacked off after that :D

Sugaree

Sugaree
  • Jamaican Jerk Sauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,738 posts
  • Joined Mar 29, 2007
  • 1,693 rep
I bought my friend his present. He's going to love it. It's simple yet something he wants.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,183 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,470 rep
I'm so glad Christmas is at my auntie's this year. She just moved into a place with a pool, and we've just hit a heatwave.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,558 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,683 rep

I'm so glad Christmas is at my auntie's this year. She just moved into a place with a pool, and we've just hit a heatwave.

This...this doesn't compute!! Christmas has to be associated with snow and winter and cuddling up in your scarves and fleece jammies by the Christmas tree! What is this hemisphere sorcery

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,183 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,470 rep

This...this doesn't compute!! Christmas has to be associated with snow and winter and cuddling up in your scarves and fleece jammies by the Christmas tree! What is this hemisphere sorcery

Posted Image
  • Marius Pontmercy, Disapperingirl and WhatserKinx like this

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,558 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,683 rep
Oh my God that is awesome. :lol:
  • Emilie. likes this

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,452 rep
I think I'm going to drag the xmas decorations from the basement later on today and I'll put up the tree soon. I was going to decorate it, but last year when I did it my mom came up and wanted to add more to it! :lol: So I decided to wait until she comes up and we can decorate together like we used to do :)

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,885 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 903 rep
I've bought all the presents, it feels good to be done with it. I like buying gifts, but right before Christmas it's just stressful. I've also put up Christmas decorations. :D
We celebrate on the evening on the 24th here. I work intil 7 pm, after work I'm going to my dad to have dinner, open presents etc. It will only be him, my sister and me. My stepmom is working and my stepsister is going to celebrate with her dad.

After Christmas I'm going to Germany and Austria with my dad and sisters to see the 4 Hills tournament. I'm going to miss the first competition due to work, but I'm leaving on New Years Eve. :)

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • I'm at the bottom of your list of things to do.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,891 rep

Anyone else doing secret santa with their friends/wormates etc? I love the whole idea, because it means I can spend more on a more personal gift for one person, rather than buying load of generic gifts simply because you can't afford anything better. Also, the thought of my gran's SPICY roast turkey is giving me such a foodgasm right now http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Yeah, for the first year I have a bunch of friends that are doing a secret santa. Of course, some of us have already worked out who has who. :lol: And there is that one asshole that insists on getting everyone little presents.

I feel the need to post this ad here just because every year they show it on TV the whole room laughs and is suddenly in the Christmas mood (plus if you're not Scottish you probably won't have seen it before) :
"He knicked my irn-bru and let go of my hand" http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I love that ad.
  • musso_kn likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users