Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Batman & Robin/TDKR Bane fights

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

punkrockerjaymz

punkrockerjaymz
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 120 rep
When I saw The Dark Knight Rises, the Bane fight reminded me alot of the fight in Batman & Robin. Maybe it was a deliberate homage to fuck with the audience, but there are a few similarities.
Despite one location being an ice cream making factory and the other being the sewer, notice the surfaces/railing/steps they're fighting on are pretty similar, as in they're narrow and have railings on each side.
0:11 in B&R video, Robin gets thrown down the steps by Bane, 1:28 in TDKR video, Batman gets kicked down the steps by Bane,.
1:22 Bane is grabbing Batman's throat in B&R, 2:54 Bane is grabbing Batman by the throat in TDKR.
The general fighting between Batman and Bane is similar too I think.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just see parralells/homages to Batman & Robin in The Dark Knight Rises.

drugstore hooligan

drugstore hooligan
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2010
  • 139 rep
Why would Christopher Nolan want to pay Homage to the worst Batman film of all time :lol: :P
  • TheGrouch33 and supersaiyemmy like this

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,081 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 7,261 rep
Wouldn't this be better posted in a Batman thread in the movies forum?

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,646 rep
http://www.greendayc...k-knight-rises/

For once in your life, would you please post in the correct forum and look for an existing thread before creating a new one? The DKR thread is on the first page of Movies & TV, but I guess it just makes entirely too much sense to post about a movie in that forum, right? There's also a more general Batman thread floating around, I believe in that same forum. FFS, take 30 seconds to read the forum titles and search for an existing topic before you dump stuff in the wrong forum.

This is your verbal warning.
  • Céadóg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users