Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dean Gray: American Edit

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

crock6000

crock6000
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Joined Aug 26, 2009
  • 817 rep
Full album, is available at the moment on YouTube.

I still think it's a fun way to re-listen to American Idiot and I love the songs that Team 9 mashed up.

Aside from some really fucked up parts (like Ring of Fire) it really works as it's own unique piece of work. If you haven't, get yo-self a listen before WB takes it down. Full through posted by someone a couple weeks ago apparently. Sorry if someone already posted. EDIT: At the end of it, it has a "dance version" of "Blvd of Broken Songs". I sugget not listening although the original mash of Broken Songs is great. I probably should have posted this in RN. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIvKifn0gu0

From Wiki:
The album was an internet-only release with no intent of commercial gain; Dean Gray asked fans who enjoyed the album to donate to charities Green Day had been known to support. Nevertheless, only 10 days after its November 18, 2005, release, the American Edit website was shut down, reportedly after receiving a cease and desist order from Green Day's label, Warner Records, despite the fact Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong expressed an interest in the album after hearing on the radio "Boulevard of Broken Songs." The website returned online soon after but without inclusion of the music.
  • redbloodedmannequin, Dalya and Marrymebilliejoe like this

Makeout One

Makeout One
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Joined Feb 11, 2012
  • 629 rep
  • Location:Somewere on the lower east side of my mind. (Italy)
I personally love Boulevard of Broken Songs. :wub:

ComaWhite

ComaWhite
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Joined Apr 23, 2008
  • 138 rep

I personally love Boulevard of Broken Songs. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

thatīs my favorite too.

Thanks for sharing. Downloading it now :D

Kitty Purry

Kitty Purry
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Joined Oct 18, 2006
  • 93 rep
I'm sorry to say i know its fun and all but why are we bringing this up again?? the only one i liked is broken dreams the rest is just shit imo...

crock6000

crock6000
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Joined Aug 26, 2009
  • 817 rep

I'm sorry to say i know its fun and all but why are we bringing this up again?? the only one i liked is broken dreams the rest is just shit imo...

I haven't seen the full album (so when I did I figured there might be others) and I think there are quite a few listenable remix/mashes. My personal favorite is "Bad Homecoming/Prankster Jimmy". I dunno what "again" is. I kind of come in and out of these threads really just reading the ones that interest me so I don't know if this has been discussed and listened to ad nasuem or not at all. So there you have it (an answer to your question). :)

Kitty Purry

Kitty Purry
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Joined Oct 18, 2006
  • 93 rep

I haven't seen the full album (so when I did I figured there might be others) and I think there are quite a few listenable remix/mashes. My personal favorite is "Bad Homecoming/Prankster Jimmy". I dunno what "again" is. I kind of come in and out of these threads really just reading the ones that interest me so I don't know if this has been discussed and listened to ad nasuem or not at all. So there you have it (an answer to your question). http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

yeah i understand :lol: but to me this is old news and there was this whole controvery about green day stealing from oasis bla bla LOL like what else is new?

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 11,484 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,111 rep
This isn't the only place to find it, right? i could google it and find a download? Cause I don't want to miss hearing this

Liam

Liam
  • Mentally Deficient Seal

• 8,865 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2009
  • 3,164 rep
Its been around for years, trust me, you can find it in so many different places

The Pedestrian

The Pedestrian
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 270 rep
What a pile of wank....
  • Todd likes this

inthehallwaynow

inthehallwaynow
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 4,940 rep
I like that probably a bunch of effort was put into it but why is my question
  • Todd likes this

Malleus

Malleus
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts
  • Joined Jan 30, 2010
  • 1,506 rep
Yeah I listened to this a few years back, also on YouTube. I'm not a fan of it but I admit it's cool that somebody took the time to do it all. :lol:

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,076 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 6,512 rep
lbr the best one is the doctor who one

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 11,484 posts