Prosthetic Head regular version vs. EP Wide Mix version

fatherotti

Both songs (PH and WC) on their alternate versions sound more raw. BTW, talking about a "Nimrod Deluxe Anniversary Edition" possibility, I think it would be like the Australian edition (It has 4 bonus tracks, which now appear on Shenanigans) + PH (Wide Mix) and maybe D.U.I and the covers of Allison and 19th nervous breakdown recorded at that era.

That would be fantastic!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm probably an idiot, but I don't hear a difference. Can anybody point out what's so different about them?

The sound on the original is much more toned down. On the second version the bass and instruments are much more prominent.

Also the drums sound like they were a one take with just a mic over the kit, much more "live" ish and almost cheaper, but in a good way.

Both songs (PH and WC) on their alternate versions sound more raw. BTW, talking about a "Nimrod Deluxe Anniversary Edition" possibility, I think it would be like the Australian edition (It has 4 bonus tracks, which now appear on Shenanigans) + PH (Wide Mix) and maybe D.U.I and the covers of Allison and 19th nervous breakdown recorded at that era.

That would be fantastic!!

Wasn't there a track called Alfred E Normal or something too that was rcorded?

Just you mentioning a metaphorical Nimrod "Deluxe Edtiion" sends shivers down my spine, that would be so epic! Nimrod is my favorite Green Day album and possibly my favorite album ever! If they ever really do release one, I hope they would finally release DUI officially on it, any previous recorded versions of Haushinka if they exist in the GD vaults, and a re-release of the Brain Stew/Jaded b-Side version of Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) so I won't have to buy an overpriced used version of the aforementioned single at some point just for that.

Brain Stew single is pretty cheap. I got one on amazon for $2

I think we decided that was fake for some reason. Don't remember why. Stick in in the search bar under forums.

nice find, prosthetic head is such an underrated song. I really fell in love with the sound of billie's guitar when this song hit

I think we decided that was fake for some reason. Don't remember why. Stick in in the search bar under forums.

Brain Stew single is pretty cheap. I got one on amazon for $2

I remember hearing about that in '97 or '98. It was supposed to be on the hoax Pencilcase Bandit EP, along with World vs. World and maybe Hairy Guy? I think World vs. World turned out to be a 39/Smooth-era song, didn't it?

Archived