Prosthetic Head regular version vs. EP Wide Mix version

fatherotti

Up until a year ago I had no idea there was an alternate version. Its amazing compared to the regular version. Everything much more louder and raw.

Regular version on top, wide mix at the bottom.

For those who had no clue of its existence, check it out. It sounds so fucking awesome.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not on Youtube, but my favourite version is from one of the BBC sessions they did. Since it's a radio recording it's perfect quality, and raw as fuck. It's most excellent.

It's not on Youtube, but my favourite version is from one of the BBC sessions they did. Since it's a radio recording it's perfect quality, and raw as fuck. It's most excellent.

Do you have the song? I would love to hear it

The wide mix version is not from an EP, it's from a German CD Promo for this song. It rocks this version of Prosthetic Head!!

The wide mix version is not from an EP, it's from a German CD Promo for this song. It rocks this version of Prosthetic Head!!

Oh yeah. It's much better

Yeah I know, some places call it an EP so I figured what the hell lol. Its a shame the promo wasn't released in the states, but I'm sure its available for purchase for everywhere now. :)

Yeah I know, some places call it an EP so I figured what the hell lol. Its a shame the promo wasn't released in the states, but I'm sure its available for purchase for everywhere now. :)

Umm... No? These are extremely rare. Good luck if you want one

Umm... No? These are extremely rare. Good luck if you want one

Ah well then, whoever wants can rip it lol

But you mean just the CD, not a download purchase.

I hope this track would be on a Nimrod "Deluxe Anniversary Edition".

Yeah the CD wasn't released here. I'm not even sure if they rereleased it for download purchasing.

Yeah the CD wasn't released here. I'm not even sure if they rereleased it for download purchasing.

No. Why would they? They've never released single edits or radio edits for downloaf

Unfortunately, it never happened. The same happened to Walking Contradiction (Radio Edit #2)

Unfortunately, it never happened. The same happened to Walking Contradiction (Radio Edit #2)

I don't have radio edit two. :-( how's it different?

tumblr_m4watxrDUy1qix8ij6.gif

Both the alternate version of "Prosthetic Head" and the alternate version of "Walking Contradiction" are just absolutely amazing!!!

Just you mentioning a metaphorical Nimrod "Deluxe Edtiion" sends shivers down my spine, that would be so epic! Nimrod is my favorite Green Day album and possibly my favorite album ever! If they ever really do release one, I hope they would finally release DUI officially on it, any previous recorded versions of Haushinka if they exist in the GD vaults, and a re-release of the Brain Stew/Jaded b-Side version of Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) so I won't have to buy an overpriced used version of the aforementioned single at some point just for that.

Well, I'm probably an idiot, but I don't hear a difference. Can anybody point out what's so different about them?

The album version of Walking Contradiction has more compression on the vocals. Or at least that's what I think

Archived