Green Day at Reading/Leeds fest 2013?

RudyCan'tFail

Anyone else hoping and praying for Green Day at Reading 2013? I know there's all the tour shambles, but they've got quite a few summer festivals lined up and I really wanna to see some proper rock bands at Reading instead of all this indie electronic crap.

Deftones, Alt-J, Subfocus and some Boy Better Know were announced today.

There are definitely some rumours, what do you guys think?

I don't think bands can tour in the UK at the same time as playing UK festivals. Since they're doing a UK tour, I don't think they'll be playing any British festivals.

I don't think bands can tour in the UK at the same time as playing UK festivals. Since they're doing a UK tour, I don't think they'll be playing any British festivals.

Why can't they Nirvana did a small UK tour before their Reading apperences same with Smashing Pumpkins etc but maybe things have changed since then

I don't think they will be in Europe at the end of August, their last European shows will probably be in July. Plus there are strong rumours about Depeche Mode, Black Sabbath and maybe Arctic Monkeys headlining.

I don't think they will be in Europe at the end of August, their last European shows will probably be in July. Plus there are strong rumours about Depeche Mode, Black Sabbath and maybe Arctic Monkeys headlining.

Arctic Monkeys would be awesome! Some rumours about Blur too, wahey

There's only one UK date, wouldn't really call it a full UK tour yet - but I see your point

Arctic Monkeys would be awesome! Some rumours about Blur too, wahey

There's only one UK date, wouldn't really call it a full UK tour yet - but I see your point

They did announce a UK tour on Radio 1 though, we've just not got the list of dates for the rest of the tour.

They did announce a UK tour on Radio 1 though, we've just not got the list of dates for the rest of the tour.

Yeah that's what I thought, but it can't be a very big tour cause they're in Germany by the 8th

Melvin Benn is a money grabber (smart business man), there is no way he will miss a trick with booking Green Day as an England exclusive which he does with every headliner each year. Considering, he also books headliners around August time, so a year in advance, he would have known about the Emirates show. So instant put off. The exclusiveness reels in the day ticket sales.

I don't see this happening one bit.

Reading is always somewhere at the end of August isn't it? Not really likely that Green Day will play there this year.

it would be awesome for green day to play at reading festival as i live near there and i want to see them close to my home. (yes i know they are playing at emirates)

the only thing we can do is wait for billie to get well again..anything could still happen :/

Don't see this happening one bit. It would make absolutely no sense for Green Day to tour the UK at the beginning of June and then come back end of August. Plus, I'm pretty sure August is when the US dates are going to be postponed to anyways. So I wouldn't get my hopes up, at all.

I fail to see why not? If anything, bands are likely to fit their tour schedule around such festivals.

I think there's a better chance of this happening in 2014 if at all, isn't there also like a clause where bands aren't allowed to headline a festival and tour the same country within a certain amount of time? I don't know much about it what the circumstances are, but if there is still a UK tour going ahead in the summer, it'd probably make this real unlikely.

I think there's a better chance of this happening in 2014 if at all, isn't there also like a clause where bands aren't allowed to headline a festival and tour the same country within a certain amount of time? I don't know much about it what the circumstances are, but if there is still a UK tour going ahead in the summer, it'd probably make this real unlikely.

If there is a clause thats up to the promoters of the festivals etc

why do people keep spouting this crap. (no offence to this poster)

not true.

no reason why green day can't do a uk tour (As they are), then come back for Reading/Leeds.

i can see it happening, hopefully it does! :)

why do people keep spouting this crap. (no offence to this poster)

not true.

How often are bands listed as "UK Exclusive" "Only England show" "Only Summer Appearance".

EVERY YEAR

I have no doubt that Festivals have rules about headline acts but that does not necessarily mean they will always exercise them. If eg R+L want GD, or any other band, bad enough then they will surely consider compromise.

Although June was touted as a UK tour, we have had no further confirmation and GD now have other festival dates in June, so my comment from a few weeks ago could still happen; ie the UK tour is moved.

Whatever though, we shall just have to wait and see, but I would like GD to perform at Reading as it gets good TV coverage.

I don't see it, because the probable UK tour is going to be in May/June time and Reading and Leeds are in August. I see why people are speculating it though, but I'll be on holiday for it, so it'll sadden me.

I am hoping for it, because the first batch of bands they announced are absolutely horrific.

I don't see it, because the probable UK tour is going to be in May/June time and Reading and Leeds are in August. I see why people are speculating it though, but I'll be on holiday for it, so it'll sadden me.

I am hoping for it, because the first batch of bands they announced are absolutely horrific.

Deftones horrific? LOL Noo.

Archived