"Ruby Mae" and "Hotfoot Jamboree" (Songs Listed in Quatro! Credits)

SuperXCsabre495

They had a screen shot where they had a list of songs that werent' recorded. "Gabriella", "State of Shock" "Time" "I'm Alright".

I paused it and copied down the lyrics that were shown for Gabriella when they go through all the rough notes talking about the songs (about 19:50ish on the youtube quatro)

"I'm not playing with your mind
unless you think i am
you're crushing my heart
like a bettering ram
Gabriella
I need another fix
don't need an intervention
I'm here to get my kicks
Accomplishing your mission
Gabriella
You are a dog's best friend
you aint no Cinderella
You are a thunderstorm
and i'm your umbrella
Gabriella
I am the living end
I am a dying breed
I am a girl's best friend
I am a diamond ring
Gabriella"

The first verse is pretty much the same as Amanda, which means he probably changed the song completly. On the master list after this part, there is gabriella but no amanda..Maybe her name wasn't really Amanda :o

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had a screen shot where they had a list of songs that werent' recorded. "Gabriella", "State of Shock" "Time" "I'm Alright".

I paused it and copied down the lyrics that were shown for Gabriella when they go through all the rough notes talking about the songs (about 19:50ish on the youtube quatro)

unless you think i am
you're crushing my heart
like a bettering ram
Gabriella
I need another fix
I'm here to get my kicks
Gabriella
you aint no Cinderella
You are a thunderstorm
and i'm your umbrella
Gabriella
I am the living end
I am a dying breed
I am a diamond ring
Gabriella"

The first verse is pretty much the same as Amanda, which means he probably changed the song completly. On the master list after this part, there is gabriella but no amanda..Maybe her name wasn't really Amanda :o

I hope you realize that "Time" is just Fuck Time with the"fuck" blurred out :P

Gabriella seems to have been ripped up and made into Amanda and Baby Eyes at least.

"I am the living end

I am a dying breed
I am a diamond ring"
This reminds me of that verse in Baby Eyes:

"I pulled the trigger from the shooting stars
I am the motor in your crashing car
I am the cherub in the Arab spring
I am the bullet in your magazine"

Gabriella seems to have been ripped up and made into Amanda and Baby Eyes at least.

"I am the living end

I am a dying breed
I am a diamond ring"
This reminds me of that verse in Baby Eyes:

"I pulled the trigger from the shooting stars

I am the motor in your crashing car

I am the cherub in the Arab spring

I am the bullet in your magazine"

Meh..... Could be. There's a lot of am's

unless you think i am
you're crushing my heart
like a bettering ram
Gabriella
I need another fix
I'm here to get my kicks
Gabriella
you aint no Cinderella
You are a thunderstorm
and i'm your umbrella
Gabriella
I am the living end
I am a dying breed
I am a diamond ring
Gabriella"

Thanks for the lyrics! It's possible Gabriella turned into Amanda and/or Baby Eyes, but I still want to it!

But the girl really was named Amanda. We'v known this for years now. It was mentioned in the book Nobody Likes You, and Billie tweeted about it last year as well.

Amanda is a lovely name. ;) (It's my name)

Aww that's going to be so cute if Mike wrote a song about this little girl!

According to the credits at the end of Quatro, Billie wrote it.

Though it would be cute to if Mike did write a song about her.

Good catch! That makes perfect sense! :)

Based on the lyrics sheet seen in Quatro, I believe Dirty Rotten Bastards was its own stand alone song that wasnt 7 mins long. But then as you say a few other songs were combined with it to make the epics as we now know it.

Yeah the "real" DRB seems to have been axed. And I think it's a shame. The section we saw from the lyrics sheet really sounded interesting.

Maybe her name wasn't really Amanda :o

No. Her name is Amanda.

http://gdaimages.s3.amazonaws.com/articles/guitarworld_110112_7.jpg

Third last paragraph.

"It references Armstrong's relationship with a militant feminist punk rock girl, actually named Amanda"

• 5 months later...

Isn't one of Mike's basses named Ruby Mae, or is the sticker on that bass just a reference to his daughter?

Isn't one of Mike's basses named Ruby Mae, or is the sticker on that bass just a reference to his daughter?

He called his bass Ruby Mae in a recent video, so I guess

• 4 weeks later...

37TtL.jpg

Is there a higher quality of this floating around?

Yeah the "real" DRB seems to have been axed. And I think it's a shame. The section we saw from the lyrics sheet really sounded interesting.

No. Her name is Amanda.

http://gdaimages.s3.amazonaws.com/articles/guitarworld_110112_7.jpg

Third last paragraph.

"It references Armstrong's relationship with a militant feminist punk rock girl, actually named Amanda"

I like to think whatsername is about Erica (Billie's first girlfiend and band admirer) and not Amanda. I think "Nobody Likes You" says she tried to move as far away as possible when the band got popular to avoid hearing their songs because it was too emotional but she never could. She apparently was bitter she couldn't at least be friends with the band after they hit it big.

I like to think whatsername is about Erica (Billie's first girlfiend and band admirer) and not Amanda. I think "Nobody Likes You" says she tried to move as far away as possible when the band got popular to avoid hearing their songs because it was too emotional but she never could. She apparently was bitter she couldn't at least be friends with the band after they hit it big.

But Billie said it was about Amanda though... Y'know, before they played Amanda at Red 7

Yeah I know, I just pretend it isn't. I think it's just sweeter and more fitting that way. Like hey, I didn't forget about you, right at the end of a very reflective 2nd smash album 10 years later.

I get that they weren't much more than friends it just seems it would fit there. Some type of closure, cause Amanda left billie, that wasn't the case with Arica.

I think "Jezebel" turned into "Troublemaker"...

Like y'know...

"You're looking like a JEZEBEL

Hot as hell..."

I think "Jezebel" turned into "Troublemaker"...

Like y'know...

"You're looking like a JEZEBEL

Hot as hell..."

Yeah, probably

I still really want to hear that track on the bonus scenes "that just happened" was the scene name. best riff ever

I still really want to hear that track on the bonus scenes "that just happened" was the scene name. best riff ever

It could be possible that it was only an instrumental, and they never had lyrics, and that was the complete song n

There are some weird songs on Billie's ASCAP page - Heroin Pop, Mutron Jam, Unforgiven - could any of those be names for the bonus instrumentals? Ruby Mae and Hotfoot Jamboree are on there

https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

They must be released somewhere as ASCAP doesn't show unreleased material

They must be released somewhere as ASCAP doesn't show unreleased material

Exactly. And I have no idea what those are, and they weren't there 5 months ago when I was last on there

It could be possible that it was only an instrumental, and they never had lyrics, and that was the complete song n

i suppose thats true, shame if it is i really loved it and would love to hear a recorded version

What's Hot Revolver, Kill Whitey, Reject All America, Supermarket, and Unforgiven?

What's Hot Revolver, Kill Whitey, Reject All America, Supermarket, and Unforgiven?

Hot Revolver is a rap song by someone and Billie, I've never heard it. Reject All American is Reject as it was labled on the Redundant singles, Supermarket is A aong with Green Day and Iggy Pop

Hot Revolver is a rap song by someone and Billie,

Google says it's by Lil Wayne.

Archived