The GDC Wallpaper Calendar 2013!

Katarina.

Drum roll, please..

You may or may not have noticed. This year is coming to an end. Is it that time of the year again?.. Yes it is! :D

If you've been on this forum for some time you probably know about the GDC wallpaper calendar. People on GDC collaborate to make 12 wallpapers with a Green Day theme. You can use them for your computer or laptop, or print them out to hang on your wall. The wallpaper calendar doesn't just have holidays and important events on it, but also important events and anniversaries related to Green Day.

So, what's not to like? If you'd like to contribute, simply make a post saying which month you'd like to make, and include a link to your art thread/put some graphics in a spoiler so we know you know how to make a wallpaper. The first one who called dibs on a month will get it, and I'll edit this OP to put your name on the list.

The deadline for the wallpapers is December 20th.

Be as creative as you like! To get an idea of what you can do, take a look at the previous calendars:

2010: http://www.greendayc...paper-calendar/

2011: http://www.greendayc...-calendar-2011/

2012: http://www.greendayc...-calendar-2012/

Keep in mind that not everyone has the same screen resolution. That's why we need every month in these three sizes:

1920 x 1200

1280 x 1024

1280 x 800

When you're done, either post the wallpapers here, or PM me with the links.

I think that's all there is to know right now. Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome! Also, we don't just need graphic designers, but also people who would like to make a list with important events and holidays. I'll look for the one we used for this year, but it's always nice to make the calendar more complete.

One more thing: please only say you're going to contribute if you're really going to. This year the calendar was not complete due to people not making their wallpapers. If you find out you don't have the time for it anymore, please say so asap so someone else can make the month you chose instead.

Alright, let's do this! :D

Edit:

More drum roll please..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5QkAXgfY8

Edit 2:

Updated list with links to all the wallpapers:

Graphic designers:

January - Idiotic Tendency / Mies

February - Florence

March - matteo263

April - Maria Gloria

May - MomoluvGD

June - mies

July - beejeezee

August- Chuckk

September - Cookieplz

October - Katarina.

November - Kill_the_Kia

December - Tman684

Front/back cover - Breakdown_EE

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take February! :woot:

BAM! First!

:lol:
Sorry Tristan bby
:cry::hug:

Wow Flo, you're fast! :P

I'll take October.

Awesome there are a few of you interested already! :D Please don't forget to link to your work/art thread. I'm sorry, but it's not just a "I'll try something out in paint" thing. I have to know :P

So glad you're doing this again, Kat. I will not take a month as I know my skills are shit! :) But I always love seeing how creative others are and always look forward to the new month's wallpaper. :)

Awesome there are a few of you interested already! :D Please don't forget to link to your work/art thread. I'm sorry, but it's not just a "I'll try something out in paint" thing. I have to know :P

I'll do it! Like, seriously.

I'll take February! :woot:

BAM! First!

:lol:
Sorry Tristan bby
:cry::hug:

You ass :mad:

I'll take July then pretty please? Aide and BJ

:wub:

I'll do it! Like, seriously.

You should post some graphic you've made here. ;) so we know that you can work with programs like Photoshop, Gimp, ...or something like that :P

You ass :mad:

:happy:

Um........................................okay so I really don't have any experience at all :D

Am I still allowed to try and participate?

This is what I have so far (I've got the photoshop trial and know how to use photoshop I also have Gimp) :

mUPfu.png

I don't really mind which month I get though

I get it if I can't join in :P

I'll kill you later

:creep:

I made one last year and I had like no experience :lol:

And it looked PRETTEH :wub: :wub: I'm excited what your wallpaper for July will look like with experience :wub:

:creep:

And it looked PRETTEH :wub: :wub: I'm excited what your wallpaper for July will look like with experience :wub:

The Billie one I scraped looked so much better than my Rev one. :P

Katarina, you might want to update the list so it's official.

And so no one steals our month

Haha don't worry, I keep track of who wants which month whether it's on the list or not. I wanted to wait until more people replied.

Can you post something you made, like graphics or anything with a program like photoshop? :)

Um........................................okay so I really don't have any experience at all :D

Am I still allowed to try and participate?

This is what I have so far (I've got the photoshop trial and know how to use photoshop I also have Gimp) :

mUPfu.png

I don't really mind which month I get though

I get it if I can't join in :P

Does that mean you'd like to take November? Yeah sure you can join in!

Asking for artwork is just to make sure people don't post here just because they can. And it also looks stupid if you said you're going to contribute, and you end up being the only one doing nothing :lol: You might as well give someone who really loves to contribute a chance.

I made one last year and I had like no experience :lol:

Does that mean you'd like to take November? Yeah sure you can join in!

Asking for artwork is just to make sure people don't post here just because they can. And it also looks stupid if you said you're going to contribute, and you end up being the only one doing nothing :lol: You might as well give someone who really loves to contribute a chance.

Okay cool! I don't really mind what month, but after some thought can I do September? But here's a quick portfolio of my graphics - I don't have a lot of experience on a real program. http://www.greendayc...hics-portfolio/

P.S. I'll try not to make any shitty wake me up when September ends jokes

You should post some graphic you've made here. ;) so we know that you can work with programs like Photoshop, Gimp, ...or something like that :P

I don't really have any graphics, I haven't made anything in photoshop recently, and my signature is my favorite thing I've made in paint. Last year in school we scanned pictures we drew onto photoshop and added effects, but it wasn't too extensive. Do you want to see that? (It's more of my drawing than photoshop)? I know I can do this. I have photoshop and motivation. I loved the calendars last year and want to make one!

Edit: I forgot, I've made a lot of bootleg artwork, but just quick stuff in paint. I'm seriously gonna go all-out with this calendar. I'll link my folder

http://s1173.beta.photobucket.com/user/toddman684/library/Bootleg%20Art

I got no skillz but I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!!!! :D

Archived