"Our heroes following rules that they once disobeyed." - A reflexion about Green Day

Moyeszet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just at one festival show? If they start doing this at all their shows as standard I'll be complaining, but when they're playing a whole load of festivals all at different prices and this happens once I'm not going to start worrying or condemning them yet.

Exactly. And I actually don't see them doing that. If they start I admit I will dislike it. It's not that we love them no matter what, if that some people take things too bad.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just reading the first page. Can somebody tell me the deal over the working class hero shirt? I bought one a few years ago so I'm just wondering.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just at one festival show? If they start doing this at all their shows as standard I'll be complaining, but when they're playing a whole load of festivals all at different prices and this happens once I'm not going to start worrying or condemning them yet.

It's only for the one concert in Austria. There are tickets with 89€ and cheaper ones with 49€. I guess it's just because of the venue that there are two different kinds of tickets. I found out that there are actually MORE EXPENSIVE tickets at a Bon Jovi concert at the same venue (exclusive tickets cost around 500€) I don't know why people complain about 89€ tickets. It's not like they have different ticket classes at every concert.

It's only for the one concert in Austria. There are tickets with 89€ and cheaper ones with 49€. I guess it's just because of the venue that there are two different kinds of tickets. I found out that there are actually MORE EXPENSIVE tickets at a Bon Jovi concert at the same venue (exclusive tickets cost around 500€) I don't know why people complain about 89€ tickets. It's not like they have different ticket classes at every concert.

To be fair if I was going to the concert I'd probably complain :lol:, even though as you say it's most likely down to the venue. But I'm not going to start worrying unless it becomes a regular thing (which I don't think it will, fingers crossed).

also, can someone send me a copy of these rules on how to be punk? thx

1) Don't say you're a punk.

2) Follow step 1.

3) Follow step 2.

RedMin, i totally understand you.

You guys can call this promoting or whatever. But it's not exactly the same thing they did last time, with 21st Century Breakdown.

I actually don't think real punk even exists in this century, but if it does, Green Day is still getting further from it.

I mean... Nightlife? Forgotten video? The voice? Angry Birds? What the fuck?

They want to keep rock&roll alive by writing an RnB song or some shit like that.

Billie said he doesn't like Twilight, then Forgotten video comes out...

They're still my favourite band, and i still like them as hell, but i hate these things...

Not agree man , Green Day , change sometimes there music , and do more and more great songs , Billie said before that he like Edward as an actor and twillight , who don't love the forgotten ? it's one of the greatest songs ever ! they can't do the same songs like , on Nimrod or Dookie , all there life ! Green Day still the best band ever for me , and that will never change ! and i don't get it , you have problem with angry birds or the voice ? xd they just want to do it , it's not a problem , punk or not

Not agree man , Green Day , change sometimes there music , and do more and more great songs , Billie said before that he like Edward as an actor and twillight , who don't love the forgotten ? it's one of the greatest songs ever ! they can't do the same songs like , on Nimrod or Dookie , all there life ! Green Day still the best band ever for me , and that will never change ! and i don't get it , you have problem with angry birds or the voice ? xd they just want to do it , it's not a problem , punk or not

Forgotten & Nightlife both nice songs, actually Forgotten is one of the best songs off the trilogy.

I don't care if they're punk or not, i'm not sure "punk" exists nowadays so this arguement is pointless. I just don't like the direction they're going, that's all. I like the "new sound that's fucking with Billie Joe's head", but i don't find it as good as the last two albums. If you guys do, then cool. I'm still a huge-diehard-Green Day fan, not a Lostprophets fan or something like that, i was just trying to understand the girl who started this topic, that's all. She said some stupid stuff, but she had good points too, you were reflecting on the stupid things, i just had to reflect to the stuff i think was right.. Or at least I was trying to understand her - most of you guys didn't.

Anyway. I never said i want the same songs like they did on Nimrod or Dookie, these are not even my favourite Green Day records. They're the best band for me too, and i think it won't change for me as well. They're changing, growing up, that's right. The only thing is that they're going to a direction which i don't prefer, if i have to compare this new way with their other stuff. If somebody prefers the new material, that's cool. I like it, but for me it's not as good as the elder shit. That's all.

It's funny how my ideals have changed. How in this new world, the statement "punk rock" is a subject of mockery, pointing out the absurd obsession of staying underground ("oh my gawd you're so punk rock"). If my bands had success, no one would be wondering if they're still "punk" or shit. Everybody would be jumping around hysterically. I feel better, away from this fandom of constant confrontations. It's also closeness to the fans : I've had no problem meeting Lostprophets, who are a fairly successful band, though. Last Train Home and Rooftops, it's them. If I tried to meet Green Day I would fail miserably. It's about Jamie Oliver telling us we're all his friends, not his fans, and us group-hugging him.

It's about that down to earth, I-know-I'm-just-a-human-being mentality. I know it's not Green Day's fault, but it's got a place in my heart. I know. Stupid.

Not exactly on topic, but have you heard about the guy from Lostprophets being a pedo? Crazy shit.

Archived