Does Green Day have a Yoko Ono Problem?

BlackBaboon

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, now an article accusing Billie Joe of an extramarital relationship with nothing more than conjecture to base it on.

You stay classy, interwebz.

An interesting read, but I personally don't feel like Lady Cobra played any part in Billie's breakdown, and won't be any influence to him or the band in the future. Not suggesting she hasn't had a certain influence on him in the past though.

A more serious post now.

It's a badly written article, with more references to bullshit articles about Billie Joe's supposed sobriety.

What happened to you Cracked? You guys used to be funny, or at least entertaining. Now it's just cheap shots and conjecture.

Oh dear. :lol:

They've missed out all the other songs they could use to conjure up an affair, though...

(before anyone jumps on me, the last part was sarcasm)

Everyone knows if Billie were to have an extramarital affair, it would obviously be with Mike or Tre, so no.

…is it just me or has this article been written by some unprofessional guy who just cannot hold back his hate and miserable jokes on Green Day?

I mean.. come on. To me it seems he didn't follow the trilogy's ''story line'' (if you want to call it like that) at all. :mellow:

This may be one of the stupidest articles i've ever read off of cracked, and that's saying something.

The material they've put out, as mentioned in the article, invites these kinds of ideas, you'd have be woefully and wilfully ignorant to not realise that. It is a fact that as of now there's no proof or even strong suggestion of it but if you put out a song about seeking forgiveness for cheating, then on the same record feature a female "rapper" that you've also dedicated a song to, then you've got to realise how some people might see it.

I am thinking we have a dedicated "Green Day mentioned on Cracked" thread...

This actually would be a good idea. They throw jabs at mention them enough on the site that it might be constructive to have its own thread.

This article is beyond face palming. At least he gave the song Lady Cobra a good review.

even if he had had an affair with Lady Cobra, I highly doubt that it has become so obsessed to go in riheb

What I'd like to know is how the writer intended to tie the supposed affair to falling off the wagon. Through the lyrics, he simply implies that Billie was coerced into doing a whole bunch of bad stuff by LC.

And what's this Yoko Ono bullshit? She was married to Lennon. The title of the article is misleading, because the Yoko tag tricks the reader into thinking that this is all somehow about Adrienne. Back in 2000 or so - when BJ was considering going solo - it was Adie who basically told him that he ain't shit without Mike and Tre. If anything Billie Joe's wife is the fucking anti-Yoko; she saved Green Day.

Something stinks here. Cracked must be stirring the shit again.

Archived