Did Billie Joe ruin Green Day's comeback?

Bam-Itz-GreenDay

Personally, I'm a little worried for Billie-Joe's health, and I'm a little worried about the fact that some of their shows had to be cancelled. Billie-Joe's health definitely comes first, though - we don't want him to end up like another Michael Jackson, or any of the other band members, for that matter. However, as someone who has never had a chance to see Green Day live before, I have to say I was more than a little gutted to hear about the cancellation of shows, and hope, hope, hope that they get back on their feet soon. I really hope that they make it over somewhere in the vicinity of New Zealand sometime in 2013 (ie, Auckland, Australia), or China/Japan in Summer of 2013 (ie, December for us).

As for the fan promotion of the albums: Meh, they've done stuff like this with their other albums and survived. Like, their albums in their middle years didn't receive a lot of attention, and imo have turned out to be their best work. Shenanigans definitely didn't. I'm more concerned about the fact that they don't appear to be doing a huge world tour, despite the fact that a three-album series plus a documentary DVD in my book would constitute a worldwide tour.

True, I really hope this does not effect them coming to the smaller countries, ie New Zealand

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wasn't really a come back. It's generally a come back is the band hasn't done anything for several years and just comes out of nowhere and goes 'LOOK WE'RE DOING STUFF AGAIN' whereas Green Day's last release was in 2009 and the band has been consistently popular and doing tours, etc.

Archived