Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bam-Itz-GreenDay

Did Billie Joe ruin Green Day's comeback?

131 posts in this topic

No. Just no.

for the 2nd time, yes he did. XD

My dad and I were just talking about this topic. Do you think Billie Joe ruined Green Day's comeback? My dad made some pretty valid points. They had momentum. They were on a roll. And then their rock and roll train of life took an emergency brake. Some shows were cancelled, some postponed. How do you feel about this?

(By comeback, I mean new album things. Like how ¡DOS! Had to be fan-promoted because the band couldn't and/or wouldnt do it.)

Personally, I'm a little worried for Billie-Joe's health, and I'm a little worried about the fact that some of their shows had to be cancelled. Billie-Joe's health definitely comes first, though - we don't want him to end up like another Michael Jackson, or any of the other band members, for that matter. However, as someone who has never had a chance to see Green Day live before, I have to say I was more than a little gutted to hear about the cancellation of shows, and hope, hope, hope that they get back on their feet soon. I really hope that they make it over somewhere in the vicinity of New Zealand sometime in 2013 (ie, Auckland, Australia), or China/Japan in Summer of 2013 (ie, December for us).

As for the fan promotion of the albums: Meh, they've done stuff like this with their other albums and survived. Like, their albums in their middle years didn't receive a lot of attention, and imo have turned out to be their best work. Shenanigans definitely didn't (receive a lot of attention that is - there is still some good stuff on there). I'm more concerned about the fact that they don't appear to be doing a huge world tour like they did with American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, despite the fact that a three-album series plus a documentary DVD in my book would constitute a worldwide tour.

1 person likes this

Personally, I'm a little worried for Billie-Joe's health, and I'm a little worried about the fact that some of their shows had to be cancelled. Billie-Joe's health definitely comes first, though - we don't want him to end up like another Michael Jackson, or any of the other band members, for that matter. However, as someone who has never had a chance to see Green Day live before, I have to say I was more than a little gutted to hear about the cancellation of shows, and hope, hope, hope that they get back on their feet soon. I really hope that they make it over somewhere in the vicinity of New Zealand sometime in 2013 (ie, Auckland, Australia), or China/Japan in Summer of 2013 (ie, December for us).

As for the fan promotion of the albums: Meh, they've done stuff like this with their other albums and survived. Like, their albums in their middle years didn't receive a lot of attention, and imo have turned out to be their best work. Shenanigans definitely didn't. I'm more concerned about the fact that they don't appear to be doing a huge world tour, despite the fact that a three-album series plus a documentary DVD in my book would constitute a worldwide tour.

True, I really hope this does not effect them coming to the smaller countries, ie New Zealand

NOOOO!!!!!

This wasn't really a come back. It's generally a come back is the band hasn't done anything for several years and just comes out of nowhere and goes 'LOOK WE'RE DOING STUFF AGAIN' whereas Green Day's last release was in 2009 and the band has been consistently popular and doing tours, etc.