¡Quatro! clips

bri1039

The melodies don't sound the same? They just have a similar number of syllables? Wow. Just wow. Denial, denial, DENIAL.

Syllables play into melodies...

He's correct in the sense that its not a perfect match, like American Eulogy and Deadbeat Holiday was. The last line of each however (the main hook), is deadpan the same. A little too close for my liking but nonetheless a very crazy funny little preview.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HE WAS NUMBER 1!

interesting caAfH.jpg

what's this? LDG0m.jpg

does anyone notice that?? No lady cobra, no nightlife, no baby eyes ( which is definitly for baby cobra i.e.the other singer of that band)

yYEFy.jpg

I´m alright? what the fuck so many songnames^^

I found a HD version online and just watched it!

Hold shit, i love making of kinda videos of thing i'm interested in and well this shortened version was amazing, cannot wait for the full thing! It will be Awesome! :D

Can we all just take a moment to commemorate when Jason White brandished an enormous wooden phallus and then walked with it between his legs.

Thank you.

i just watched it with my mom...she commented and sang along to the songs she liked and naturally had to rub in the New York show (i couldn't go to it :dry: )

but i though it was great! and it was awesome to see their frame of mind when working on the records. i wonder if the DVD will be censored...

the previews of dirty rotten bastards, x kid and missing you have me convinced that tre will be the gem of the trilogy. i think tre is the perfect blend of their new stripped down sound and a logical next step in their career from American Idiot and 21CB from what i've heard

i just watched it with my mom...she commented and sang along to the songs she liked and naturally had to rub in the New York show (i couldn't go to it :dry: )

but i though it was great! and it was awesome to see their frame of mind when working on the records. i wonder if the DVD will be censored...

Of course the dvd is censored you think Green Day wants to be the ones responsible to corrupt these kiddos minds?

Can we watch the documentary on internet or download it? Cause where i'm leaving I don't have the chanels to see it on TV

Can we all just take a moment to commemorate when Jason White brandished an enormous wooden phallus and then walked with it between his legs.

Thank you.

That was Jason? I thought it was Billie. But that just makes it that much more funny.

I hope the full version has a bit about why they invited Lady Cobra on for Nightlife/named a track after her. Not because I like her involvement on Nightlife but for a band who has been around for 20 years with absolutely no guest spots on any of their records it always struck me as a bit odd to start now.

Sadly, a new rip off from Green Day.

Dirty Rotten Bastards intro is a rip off of Bizet song votre toast:

Listen @ 1:21

You say this like Green Day is constantly ripping off other songs.

Can we watch the documentary on internet or download it? Cause where i'm leaving I don't have the chanels to see it on TV

If you look you can find it on the internet to download it.

I just googles something like "Green Day Quatro rar" or "Green Day quatro VH1 rar" - i hope that its ok to say that mods, if not just take it down and i apologies.

Hey I'm not sure if I'm the only one but in the credits they mentioned an acid story reenactment. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't remember there being an acid story reenactment. Eh whatever. Also I'm a little disappointed to see nothing but trash talking on here. You guys are supposed to be the fans, what happened? Let's look back at Green Day's history: 200+ songs, about 11 albums, and 3 personas; of course their songs are going to sound similar after a while there's only so much you can do musically while maintaining your bands identity. I'm not saying that this is a cop out for the guys to recycle songs, however I am saying to cut them some slack. They're trying something new that excites them, they got tired of all the rage and decided to focus on the love (excuse my pun). Also even if they did something you liked you'd probably trace it back to one of their previous albums and accuse them of recycling still. Like Billie Joe has said before, " I don't write music for parents, grandparents, or eight year olds. I write for myself."

Mia

So maybe I'm one of the only ones here who LIKES that some of their songs sound the same. I love their music, so it only goes to figure I STILL love if they use a riff again...I also love all the influences you can hear so blatantly on their songs...oh, there's the Clash, there's the Sex Pistols...hey, that sounds like the Monkees !? (Which totally makes sense after Jason's interview in IC)

For me, it makes the music continuous, it weaves a pattern that they reinterpret and reinvent, and even though it is similar, it is so fresh because all of the experiences since the last playing of that tune changes and matures it. It helps things make sense and gives it a natural flow.

And this quote :""- let your audience grow with you, and grow up with you, and-and at some point, grow old with you." just melted every part of me. I hope I can go see the boys play at some cheesy little bar in 30 years and they will still be awesome.

It is true that they sound the same but with old songs that do not have copyrights, artists do this all the time.

For example "Classico" by Tenacious D. It is obvious that the song is combination of "For Elise" and the song I don't remember its name.

Every time you ask for a download link, the lungs of a puppy claws their way out of their ass and they die.

Jesus...wtf is up with the size of the HD version of Quatro??! Took me four hours to get...well in fairness it was because the first time it somehow vanished when it reached 97% (bastard!) so i had to find another link...sooo much better than watching the dodge youtube versions though (curse you MTV Europe for not having this thus driving us all to this insanity!)

I have to say though...Quatro is wonderful...i love it so bloody much. It is edited so wonderfully and captures the essence of what it is to be Green Day - live shows, hanging out and recording...it is just a cool yet reflective piece and it's really really great!

Wondering though given the length how much more will be on the DVD version we get in Jan? Im wondering will it be longer versions of the live performances? Will there be any more recording or "hanging out" footage? hmmm...

as for the rip off..artists do this all the time, rock musicians do it a lot too. in the older days of rock and blues it was actually seen as a tribute and a huge complement to the artist who's stuff they were sampling in their own songs. nothing uncommon here, and in fact im happy to find out that this is from a classic work like that, its cool to see that these guys draw from all sorts of influence. its the same idea as a rock band using a generic chord progression, its been done before and it'll be done again and thats ok.

It is true that they sound the same but with old songs that do not have copyrights, artists do this all the time.

For example "Classico" by Tenacious D. It is obvious that the song is combination of "For Elise" and the song I don't remember its name.

omg you mean a song sounds like another song?!? no way!!

this green day ripping off other songs shit is getting really fucking old. really fucking fast.

tumblr_m69bbtbBRA1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Archived