¡Quatro! clips

bri1039

Hey I'm not sure if I'm the only one but in the credits they mentioned an acid story reenactment. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't remember there being an acid story reenactment. Eh whatever. Also I'm a little disappointed to see nothing but trash talking on here. You guys are supposed to be the fans, what happened? Let's look back at Green Day's history: 200+ songs, about 11 albums, and 3 personas; of course their songs are going to sound similar after a while there's only so much you can do musically while maintaining your bands identity. I'm not saying that this is a cop out for the guys to recycle songs, however I am saying to cut them some slack. They're trying something new that excites them, they got tired of all the rage and decided to focus on the love (excuse my pun). Also even if they did something you liked you'd probably trace it back to one of their previous albums and accuse them of recycling still. Like Billie Joe has said before, " I don't write music for parents, grandparents, or eight year olds. I write for myself."

Mia

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible the swamp monster WAS the acid reenactment story :lol:

If you go still-by-still on the lyric paper parts, you can see lyrics to Gabriella, State of Shock and a whole slew of other things.

So because everybody kept saying Dirty Rotten Bastards sounded like Shoplifter I had to cave in, and I need to say, the intro and the ending with the yeaaah e-e-e aaah part sounds interesting and I liked it, but the second I listened to the first verse it got me thinking, is it really hard for Billie to stop recycling his melodies? I mean while listening I instantly came up with a catchy and different voice melody that could fit with the guitar riffs, and that's too much 'cause I ain't no songwritter or expert but ok... we still have to hear the remaining 5 minutes of the song, I hope the chorus sounds different, with Amy also sounding like Shoplifter is already enough... anyway I still think TRE will be epic (:

Somebody share me a torrent or stream, I'm really frustrated right now

There's a download link for previews Missing You, X-Kid and Dirty Rotten Bastards, as well as The Forgotten on the front page of GDA.

Yeah, but some people think it's LBNT and claim they hear Billie say "little boy named train". I still think they're both Gabriella.

Don't know how anyone could hear anything with the awful audio.

It's possible the swamp monster WAS the acid reenactment story :lol:

If you go still-by-still on the lyric paper parts, you can see lyrics to Gabriella, State of Shock and a whole slew of other things.

Think you could get some more screens?

Wow, that's really interesting. Aparently there's also a early tracklist for ¡Uno! in 00:14

I don't think it's an early tracklist, just the songs they were finishing. I remember Billie Joe saying that they put the songs just as they came out. Like, Nuclear Family was one of the first songs they made back then. This is the "tracklist" shown:

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Carpe Diem

Fell For You

Crushing Bastards

Amanda

Troublemaker

Let Yourself Go

Sweet 16

Soda Pop Curtis

Hello Firecrack

Angel Blue

Oh Love

We all know Crushing Bastards is now Loss Of Control, but I have no clue which song is Soda Pop Curtis (it is listed in the Halloween show) and Hello Firecrack.

I don't think it's an early tracklist, just the songs they were finishing. I remember Billie Joe saying that they put the songs just as they came out. Like, Nuclear Family was one of the first songs they made back then. This is the "tracklist" shown:

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Carpe Diem

Fell For You

Crushing Bastards

Amanda

Troublemaker

Let Yourself Go

Sweet 16

Soda Pop Curtis

Hello Firecrack

Angel Blue

Oh Love

We all know Crushing Bastards is now Loss Of Control, but I have no clue which song is Soda Pop Curtis (it is listed in the Halloween show) and Hello Firecrack.

Soda Pop Curtis is Rusty James which is Last Gang in Town

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Carpe Diem

Fell For You

Crushing Bastards

Amanda

Troublemaker

Let Yourself Go

Sweet 16

Soda Pop Curtis

Hello Firecrack

Angel Blue

Oh Love

Soda Pop Curtis is Rusty James. I'd have to say Hello Firecracker was dropped, or either renamed/changed up into a new song.

Think you could get some more screens?

I took a bunch from the low quality video on youtube... I'll probably redo some of them once I download it in better quality.

Here are some good ones:

picture43p.png

I don't know what this song is?

picture35e.png

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Carpe Diem

Fell For You

Crushing Bastards

Amanda

Troublemaker

Let Yourself Go

Sweet 16

Soda Pop Curtis

Hello Firecrack

Angel Blue

Oh Love

The whiteboard in the film had "Last Gang" in parenthesis after Soda Pop Curtis. So both were working titles for "Rusty James".

I took a bunch from the low quality video on youtube... I'll probably redo some of them once I download it in better quality.

Here are some good ones:

picture43p.png

picture35e.png

Well, that answers our question. I don't see how those lyrics fit in our "Gabriella" recording. So it's actually LBNT?

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Carpe Diem

Fell For You

Crushing Bastards

Amanda

Troublemaker

Let Yourself Go

Sweet 16

Soda Pop Curtis

Hello Firecrack

Angel Blue

Oh Love

Well, maybe you're right, but I still think this could be an early tracklist, cause Nuclear Family is the first track and Oh Love is the final track. It could be a list of the songs that were finished, but they aren't organized from the first to the last song written, they probably thought in what order the songs would work better, and this early tracklist or setilst or whatever it is, imo shows how the band thought the songs work better before the actual tracklist.

Here are some good ones:

picture43p.png

picture35e.png

Gabriella has the same atitude as Ashley. Love it

Here are some good ones:

That is a really good shot of the lyrics for Gabriella.

The second one though. That is a very interesting set of lyrics.

"Too dumb to die I guess

-----------------------------

------ I must regress

I don't want love or ----

But Jesus made me love you"

Seems like it could have been an interesting song. Guess Mystery Girl will remain a mystery.

You fell in love

But then you just fell apart

Like a kick in the head

You're an X-Kid and you know the reason

Got started again

I'm hearing "You're an X-Kid and you never even got started again"

That is a really good shot of the lyrics for Gabriella.

The second one though. That is a very interesting set of lyrics.

Seems like it could have been an interesting song. Guess Mystery Girl will remain a mystery.

"Fuck in--------------

-------------

Now I pray but I can't

Pay reflection/redemption/temptation

--------the hard st.

-------of my life

Too dumb to die I guess

------that's the way it goes

------ I must regress

I don't w--------------

But Jesus made me that way

All my life I been---

-----------------------"

This feels like a Dos song. But the lyrics seem dull.

I have it saved bigger on my computer than the shot I posted here (for board sizing reasons) and it's definitely:

Now I pray/pay but I can't pay attention

_______ the hardest lesson of my life

Too dumb to die I guess

That's the way it goes

Sometimes I must regress

[Chorus]

I don't w[anna be?] an imbecil

For Jesus made me that way

My memory seems to follow me

Like a mystery girl

My history keeps on haunting me

Like a mystery girl

All my life I been looking around

I'm hearing "You're an X-Kid and you never even got started again"

You're right. God damned English. My first language and I can barely speak it properly. Horrible language. So easy to misinterpret words.

And damn does Mystery Girl sound interesting. I demand B-Sides.

I have it saved bigger on my computer than the shot I posted here (for board sizing reasons) and it's definitely:

Too dumb to die I guess

That's the way it goes

Sometimes I must regress

[Chorus]

Like a mystery girl

Like a mystery girl

All my life I been looking around

Couldn't these be the lyrics to Little Boy Named Train? Given the lyrics i mean...

Too dumb to die I guess

That's the way it goes

Sometimes I must regress

[Chorus]

Like a mystery girl

Like a mystery girl