¡Quatro! clips

bri1039

I wanna surf with billie..but I hate being in public and I cant surf... So we could discuss music..

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It definitely seems like they semi-scripted or planned what they're saying as voice-overs in this documentary. Not that that's a bad thing, but the words are flowing a little too nicely for this to all just be off the top of his head :lol:/> (Especially in the previous trailers we got)

Uhh heck yes! There was not a SINGLE "you know" said...

I don't know, his description looks pretty accurate to me. Although I don't really know when Brutal Love was described as a ballad, but I don't doubt it.

It's a ballad, that's typically what soul is. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be really slow, but it'll probably be smooth and well, soulfull for lack of a better word. And it's played primarily with a piano. And it apparently deals with the subject of love. Ballads don't have to be sappy.

It definitely seems like they semi-scripted or planned what they're saying as voice-overs in this documentary. Not that that's a bad thing, but the words are flowing a little too nicely for this to all just be off the top of his head :lol: (Especially in the previous trailers we got)

Billie has never been the most eloquent speaker but sometimes people can surprise you. Those words sound genuine, passionate and most of all real. When people speak from the heart it sounds amazing. Personally I prefer when people speak this way over obsessively using the word "Fuck", like Billie Joe loves to do from time to time. The nice Billie is more appealing to me so he should continue to speak that way.

Billie has never been the most eloquent speaker but sometimes people can surprise you. Those words sound genuine, passionate and most of all real. When people speak from the heart it sounds amazing. Personally I prefer when people speak this way over obsessively using the word "Fuck", like Billie Joe loves to do from time to time. The nice Billie is more appealing to me so he should continue to speak that way.

I agree. But the cadence of his voice makes me believe 100% that he had already written what he wanted to say in the voiceovers. Doesn't make it less genuine, if anything it's more genuine, because he really meant it and wanted it said well.

I agree. But the cadence of his voice makes me believe 100% that he had already written what he wanted to say in the voiceovers. Doesn't make it less genuine, if anything it's more genuine, because he really meant it and wanted it said well.

Yep

I want more studio stuff from these clips, not sound Bullet in a Bible-type sound sound bites and interviews. Hopefully the VH1 premier has more rock-doc footage and less of these type things, even though it's still enjoyable.

I want more studio stuff from these clips, not sound Bullet in a Bible-type sound sound bites and interviews. Hopefully the VH1 premier has more rock-doc footage and less of these type things, even though it's still enjoyable.

I agree... this stuff is really cool and beautiful, but what I really love is them recording and jamming in the studio. But it's going to be more lifestyle...

This clip has me really looking forward to this documentary. I was hoping that this was the route they were taking with it. :happy:

If that song in the background is on iTre! then it's most likely Walk Away.

That's really the only thing it could be.

1) Brutal Love - Ballad/Soul

2) Missing You - Mid-Tempo Pop Punk

3) 8th Avenue Serenade - Power pop

4) Drama Queen - Acoustic Ballad

5) X-Kid - Pop punk

6) Sex, Drugs & Violence - Mid-Tempo Pop Punk

7) A Little Boy Named Train - Pop punk

8) Amanda - Pop punk

9) Walk Away - Acoustic Ballad (?)

10) Dirty Rotten Bastards - Multipart Pop Punk

11) 99 Revolutions - Pop Punk

12) The Forgotten - Piano Ballad

Acoustic ballad? Where did you get it from?

I didn't see any description of Walk Away yet, but I hope it is an acoustic one!

Uhh heck yes! There was not a SINGLE "you know" said...

I was oddly disappointed by this :lol: I mean, 90 seconds, you can get a lot of yknows in! I'd say it was scripted just in his tone, but like everyone else is saying, I'm sure it's his own words. Aesthetically, based on this clip, I think having clean, coordinated speech will be good.

I heard Shane Black wrote the script for Billie's voiceover for this clip but JJ Abrams did a uncredited re write before Billie did the recording

I was oddly disappointed by this :lol: I mean, 90 seconds, you can get a lot of yknows in! I'd say it was scripted just in his tone, but like everyone else is saying, I'm sure it's his own words. Aesthetically, based on this clip, I think having clean, coordinated speech will be good.

haha yeah but there wasn't too much "you know" in Bullet in a Bible neither

I loved this video! can't wait to see the full thing!

I heard Shane Black wrote the script for Billie's voiceover for this clip but JJ Abrams did a uncredited re write before Billie did the recording

Source???????

Source???????

I heard it from George Lucas LucasFilms did the special effects of making Billie look like he was surfing

Naw i was just joking

I heard it from George Lucas LucasFilms did the special effects of making Billie look like he was surfing

:woot: :woot: OH MY GOOO-

Naw i was just joking

Shhh. Let's pretend.

video quality.

Its a youtube rip what do u expect??

:woot:/> :woot:/> OH MY GOOO-

Shhh. Let's pretend.

I'd but some folks may not get the sarcasm/joke and take it seriously

Quality like this

Not that it's related, but this clip reeks of compression.

I'd but some folks may not get the sarcasm/joke and take it seriously

well I expected that coming from MTV, at least they'll have a copy of the actual video sent by Green Day. Oh well.

I havent seen the one posted on mtv only the one on youtube that was ripped from mtv website

Im sure it'll be alot better on vh1 and on dvd (tho dvd will be compressed as well...)

I havent seen the one posted on mtv only the one on youtube that was ripped from mtv website

Im sure it'll be alot better on vh1 and on dvd (tho dvd will be compressed as well...)

It will be, this clip was obviously either passed around a lot before uploaded. And I guess the surfing footage wasn't shot with a redcam.

It will be, this clip was obviously either passed around a lot before uploaded. And I guess the surfing footage wasn't shot with a redcam.

The studio and other parts should look the same as the stay the night let yourself go quality wise

I agree... this stuff is really cool and beautiful, but what I really love is them recording and jamming in the studio. But it's going to be more lifestyle...

I doubt it. My guess is that the documentary will open with the band talking about what inspired the new music before showing them actually laying it all down. Or these interview segments might be in between the recording process, either way I'm hoping we get a documentary similar to the one Metallica did for their last studio album "Death Magnetic", that is an excellent studio profile of the band and I hope Green Day has one here.

Archived