What Is Your Favourite Live Performance By Green Day?

w00t932

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been to a live Green Day show (bucket list) but I was especially impressed with East Jesus Nowhere on David Letterman (and also in the extra SNL footage when Will Ferrell was trying to play the cowbell to it - hah!) They were just so locked in to the song and were this unstoppable force. EJN also has a special significance for me because, coming from Oklahoma, the buckle of the Bible belt, there are a lot of "religious" people here, churches on every corner. I'm a Christian but this song still holds a lot of truth for me.

I'm going to be really cliche...and go for the BIAB Minority performance. Not that I was there (I haven't seen them live YET), but of all the live clips I've seen, there's not one that beats this. I mean, I found it exhilarating to watch from my desk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOOA7ajSXo

• 1 year later...

One of mine is Letterbomb from rock and roll hall of fame. It's probably not their best musically but there's so much emotion poured into it, and it's totally badass

It's kinda a full concert but it's so nice, it reminds me why Green Day is such a great live band!! <3

If you don't want to/have the time to watch the full video, skip to about 23mins then you'll notice! <3

• 2 years later...

Not great sound wise but just because of the age and tiny venue

And my username isn't what it is for no reason.. the best Green Day performance ever. Great set, good sound, BJ high as a kite, weird rants and face twitches included. Tre on guitar with BJ on drums at one point. Just brilliant. Pure punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KsSpPSNWHA

The one I attended:dance:

Though there are other really good ones, like the mud throwing, House Of Blues where they played the Sweet Children set, Live in Chicago '94, ...

so last night I watched Jaded In Chicago with a couple friends, I've seen it before but I think this was their first time watching it and we all loved it. Billie was fucking insane in it, the faces he made were fucking hilarious, does anyone know what he was on for that show? he definitely seemed like he was on something!

If I had to name one it would be that TV appearance with Walking Contradiction leading into Going to Pasalacqua.

Archived