What would you want Green Day's last song to be?

StuckWithInsomnia

Okay. Let me try again. Billie, Mike and Tre have remained in Green Day from 1990 to present day, with Jason White being officially welcomed into the fold as of late 2012. We might get add ons over the years, but I don't think those three guys are going anywhere.

Speaking of add ons, what does everyone think about more people joining the band? Guys like Jason Freeze, Jeff Matika, Ronnie Blake? I know that's very unlikely, but I thought they did an excellent job during the American Idiot tour and afterward. They really made the songs sound how they were supposed to, where a lot of bands just come out and play a song with pianos/orchestra/etc. with just guitars, and it sounds awful. I wouldn't mind a six to seven man line-up if it ever happened. Again, I know that's extremely unlikely.

I don't remember which combination of guys did the 2005 tour, but they were awesome.

The 2005 tour was Billie, Mike, Tre, Jason White, Jason Freese, Ronnie Blake and Mike Pelino. Perfect Green Day line-up in my opinion, even better than with Kurt Lohmiller. I seriously doubt anyone else would ever join officially, but if anyone it'd have to be Freese. He's already recorded with them in the studio, he's an incredibly important part of their live sound and his instrumental diversity would be invaluable.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived