What would you want Green Day's last song to be?

StuckWithInsomnia

NIGHTLIFE!!!

Just cause I'm a mod doesn't mean I'm not allowed to tell you to die in a fire. :P

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although id be sad that they were breaking up id have to say it would be sweet if they sang HA HA YOURE DEAD and changed the lyrics to ha ha WERE dead! and in so happy!!..lol

Just cause I'm a mod doesn't mean I'm not allowed to tell you to die in a fire. :P

Lol you clearly didnt read what i said after that ,,i said Just kidding ..and my pick was Cigarettes and Valentines or a song from that album

To be honest, they have a lot of cruel and ironic and also unironic send-off-able songs.

I would want them to play my favorite song, "Are We The Waiting". I think it would be a very emotional and fitting concluding song to play if they ever do quit (which I really hope they don't anytime soon!).

I would want them to play my favorite song, "Are We The Waiting". I think it would be a very emotional and fitting concluding song to play if they ever do quit (which I really hope they don't anytime soon!).

Noooooo

That would leave it too open.

XD.

That would be quite cruel IMO.

I love the song, but it would end very abruptly on a drumbeat. Not a good way to end a show.

I love the song, but it would end very abruptly on a drumbeat. Not a good way to end a show.

Eh, I'm sure they could makke it work. they usually find a way to make EVERYTHING work at their concerts, from what I've seen at least.

Eh, I'm sure they could makke it work. they usually find a way to make EVERYTHING work at their concerts, from what I've seen at least.

I guess that's true. Not changing my original answer of Minority, but I was thinking that St. Jimmy wouldn't be a bad way to end their rhetorical last concert either, with Billie screaming "...And don't you fucking wear it out!"

I guess that's true. Not changing my original answer of Minority, but I was thinking that St. Jimmy wouldn't be a bad way to end their rhetorical last concert either, with Billie screaming "...And don't you fucking wear it out!"

That WOULD be pretty cool. Especially if they replaced "St. Jimmy" with "Green Day" or "Billie Joe" or something. XD

Longview would be kind of cool, kind of ending how they started.

But honestly I really don't know, there's so many directions it could go - Good Riddance/WMUWSEish songs if they wanted an emotional, sad goodbye...something from Dookie if they wanted to go out rocking...or maybe an epic finish, like JoS, or Minority with an extra long Billie bridge rant :P

If it were up to me, I would want Jesus of Suburbia - it just seems like a great way to go out both emotionally and with a bang.

I think that would make it even better :lol:.

This whole thread got me thinking of the end of the Foo Fighters :sorry: I pray that it won't ever happen to Green Day

Dude, Foo Fighters haven't broken up :lol: They'll probably make at least 2 more albums

Well the obvious answer is Good Riddance and it would be fitting despite the songs meaning being the opposite of the public perception. My choice though would be Christie Road simply because its my favorite GD song. Of the new songs The Forgotten would be fitting too, seemed to really fit the final Twilight movie video and I've never seen any of the movies so I'm sure it works even more with Twilight fans.

The first minute or so of Basket Case.

Actually I can't hear Basket Case anymore without thinking about it :mellow:

No matter what song they'd play, the vast majority, including me, would bawl uncontrollably anyway.

What a sad thought - I don't want this day to ever come. =/

Such a tragic thing to think about, but if I was pressed to make an assumption...I think Billie is crafty enough to improvise something similar to the "Bullets Over Broadway" song from the AI encore, for such an occasion...and I feel only that would be fitting

There will be no break up.

I hate this thread.

Right. The only way anyone's gonna leave that band is in a coffin.

After seeing Twilight, I'd have to say The Forgotten. Damn I like that song so much better now.

Or Homecoming, mostly because it's long and epic, and the whole band wrote a lot of the song together. Most of the other songs Billie does by himself.

Macy's Day Parade

That song symbolises everything that Green Day are about for me. One of the few songs that makes me feel really emotional and in a way it is the last Green Day song of the old Green Day before their 00s popularity (ignoring Shenanigans). 'Cos now I now it's all that I wanted' would be a great way to end

Good Riddance definiitely, with violins and all of that, is a clearly song of farewell, but whats i like this song, if it was the last song, after that i would cry everytime i hear it T.T

Last ride in.

Right. The only way anyone's gonna leave that band is in a coffin.

Totally agree!

Archived