What would you want Green Day's last song to be?

StuckWithInsomnia

So what if Good Riddance is cliche? It would undoubtedly have every single audience member in tears. Fuck it, bring Mike, Tre and Jason all in for it. Who says it needs to be just Billie?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they did one of their songs I'd choose In The End, See The Light, Whatsername, Prosthetic Head or Macy's Day Parade! It would be cool if they covered a song as a closer. If they did I'd want them to do Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash, Missionary by Operation Ivy, or Journey To The End Of The East Bay by Rancid!!! :happy:

If they did one of their songs I'd choose In The End, See The Light, Whatsername, Prosthetic Head or Macy's Day Parade! It would be cool if they covered a song as a closer. If they did I'd want them to do Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash, Missionary by Operation Ivy, or Journey To The End Of The East Bay by Rancid!!! :happy:

All the of those covers are my favorite songs of their respective bands. You sir, have TASTE

In a dream world, I'd love to see Whatsername as the last song. That last lyric gives me shivers every time I hear it...it's just an amazing ending to an epic story.

So what better way to end the epic story of this band than, "And in the darkest night if my memory serves me right. I'll never turn back time. Forgetting you but not the time."

Fuuuuuuuck.

But in reality, it'll probably be Good Riddance. No complaints.

Good Riddance as the "last song" on the set, followed by a surprise encore last song: Why Do You Want Him, it would be fitting as its the first song Billie ever wrote. :happy:

I never want it to happen, but at this point, I would want Stay the Night. We get an awesome live song, with hey-ohs, Billie dancing round, a nice long bridge for a rant or speech, and the last line "I don't wanna say goodbye," leaving me with a David Tennant-esque "I don't want to go" feeling.

And then the band regenerates...

I know its super cheesy to play as their last song, but Good Riddance would work well cause everyone could sing along and shed tears throughout the whole thing.

I would want to hear I Was There personally, but not everybody knows that song, and I don't want the audience to be half-dead on GD's last song.

A good balance of "cool old song" and "most people know the lyrics" would be Going to Pasalacqua I guess.

I don't know :/

"Homecoming" would be my first choice, as each band member has their spot in the limelight and it makes for an epic finale piece. Or, they do "Good Riddance", but launch into a brand new bridge section filled with dueling Billie/Jason guitar solos, Mike's bass, and Tre's drums. Sorta like "The End" by The Beatles, where Ringo had his drum solo and then Paul, George and John did nine rapid-fire guitar solos.

Jesus of Suburbia would be an epic closer! However I'd just get really pumped up by that, Good Riddance sort of calms you down and lets you go slowly.

I have a feeling that Green Day would say fuck it and play every single song they have written, plus covers, so we wouldnt have to worry about NOT hearing a song for their last concert....

All the of those covers are my favorite songs of their respective bands. You sir, have TASTE

Thanks! I chose Missionary because of the lyric "On my way to save the world", which Green Day have done in my opinion! Plus it pays homage to one of Green Day's biggest inspirations, and with Journey To The End it talks about Op Ivy and them starting out and the whole 924 Gilman Scene and it would reflect on how long Green Day has existed and all the work they put in. Should I Stay Or Should I Go is pretty self-explanatory! :shy:

I think we are all forgetting that DUI exists. I am going to throw a curveball and say Deadbeat Holiday. The whole show would be celebrating their career and them hanging it up after so many years. Sort of them "celebrating their own decay" if you will.

I have a feeling that Green Day would say fuck it and play every single song they have written, plus covers, so we wouldnt have to worry about NOT hearing a song for their last concert....

oh my god. The things I would do to go to that concert.

oh my god. The things I would do to go to that concert.

I'd attend that show even if it was in Australia and I'd have to spend a half fortune to get there...

We shouldn't think about that.

To answer the question, i would probably say Good Riddance, with Billie playing acoustic and Mike and Tré sitting next to him, all the members are sitting on a chair, with Green Day related stuff on the stage and near them !

At first I thought this thread was a good idea, now I am just depressed :unsure:

I would want Good Riddance, because I am masochistic that way.

As cliche as it sounds, good riddance. 'I hope you had the the time of you're life'? That's the PERFECT lyric to end a career on, you know? It's like saying, hope the presence of our music in your life made it a little brighter.

But that's not something I would like to happen any time soon.

I think we are all forgetting that DUI exists. I am going to throw a curveball and say Deadbeat Holiday. The whole show would be celebrating their career and them hanging it up after so many years. Sort of them "celebrating their own decay" if you will.

I actually thought of DUI. That would be cool if Mike and Tre sang all of the songs they wrote themselves!

Archived