What would you want Green Day's last song to be?

StuckWithInsomnia

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting

When I Come Around

Macy's Day Parade

The cliche choice would be Good Riddance, but fuck me if I said I wouldn't cry like a bitch.

I don't even want to think about that. happy thoughts!! not sad, depressing ones. :dry:

I agree :ermm:

Oh god, I don't even want to think about this. Just. NO.

Me neither!

tumblr_mdeh3g237H1rqd9hro1_500.gif

This was my expression when I saw this topic....

But anyways, Homecoming would be a good song: it's long and each band member has a main individual singing part in it (except for Jason).

Green Day will never break up, they are best friends.

To answer the question of the topic, i would say they played Rest.

I refuse to even think about them splitting up!! So if it was the last concert after one of them died (which I refuse to think about either), the last song I can imagine in this situation would probably be "Last Night on Earth" (because of the lyrics).

2 live crew lyric? Nah.

I would want the break up to be more organic and not have that choice. There will be no break up.

I hate this thread.

2 Live Crew?? No. That's actually a Green Day song, y'know

If they played Green Day, that'd be pretty cool

Homecoming by far.

1) Billie, Mike, and Tre each has a part in it.

2) It's over 9 mins..more time to savor the last song ;)

3) I think ending with "Home...we're coming home again" would be bittersweet along with the whole "death" of St.Jimmy

4) It just happens to be one of my favorite songs >.<

5) I didn't want to pick a cliched choice like Good Riddance or The Forgotten, because although I do like Green Day's slow songs, that's not what they are about; They are a rock band for goodness sake and they should end with a bang!! xD

maybe whatsername?

i guess they would do something especially for this moment... a whole new song for the fans!

Go to 2:07 (Like a Rat Does Cheese) is a lyric nabbed form 1985 2 Live Crew Song "We Want Some Pussy"

Well, we know what rap band Tre likes...

p.s. Get It Girl is my favorite 2 Live Crew song

I would want Green Day's last show to be just crazy epic....but very last song. That's hard to say. Maybe they do Good Riddance and then come back and play two more. I'd say Letterbomb or Jesus of Suburbia.

It depends on what kind of end it would be...i'd say Good Riddance, Homecoming or Whatsername - it's a bit cliché, but I think it would be ok in this situation. If they wanted to repeat something like I heart radio they should play The Grouch...or they can play Platypus, it's a great song!

I think Whatsername would be the most fitting end.

"Remember, Whatever, It seems like forever ago"

Not to even mention having the last ever line:

"Forgetting you but not the time"

Perfection.

Well, Good Riddance. Because it's fitting, and I love it. Either that, or homecoming with a really long and drawn out ending.

Their last song?! :o I wouldn't be able to decide! They should play every single song at that concert. I don't care how long that would be. :lol:

Good Riddance no contest. I'm a sucker for the old traditions of their shows, and ending with Good Riddance is one that works particularly perfectly. So there's no other song I could choose.

2 Live Crew?? No. That's actually a Green Day song, y'know

If they played Green Day, that'd be pretty cool

Go to 2:07 (Like a Rat Does Cheese) is a lyric nabbed form 1985 2 Live Crew Song "We Want Some Pussy"

Plus "Suck my dick until your lips fall off" from the Geto Boys' "Fuck 'Em", at 3:46

And "just don't bite it" from NWA's "Just Don't Bite It"

The song is a regular tribute to old school gangsta rap :happy:. I'm sure there's other nicked lines in there too that I just haven't spotted.

I think that Cigarettes and Valentines would be a good fit.

"I don't wannna go back home/I don't wanna kiss good night/Let us paralyze this moment til it dies"

AND LIKE THAT, you have become my favorite person here. Well fucking done. :)

4204260686_012ddc724b.jpg

You better remove the videos before she goes mad at you :P (or was that BeachBum? No idea. Probably.)

AND LIKE THAT, you have become my favorite person here. Well fucking done. :)

*takes a bow*

You better remove the videos before she goes mad at you :P (or was that BeachBum? No idea. Probably.)

Haha not that mad. But yes always remember to remove videos from quotes everyone :thumbsup:

Archived