What would you want Green Day's last song to be?

StuckWithInsomnia

I know they're not going to break up (at least any time soon), but I have a feeling Billie would play Good Riddance last, as per. Honestly, if he announced that the band were splitting, and that this was the last song they would ever perform together, and they did Good Riddance, maybe with drums and bass written into the bridge, they would have every single member of the audience in floods of tears. Without a doubt.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably "Rusty James" - that would make a lot of sense because of the lyrics for the chorus, plus it has a very epic feel to it. That, or "Minority", because the lyrics basically summarise Green Day. They would probably start the show with "Carpe Diem".

I don't like thinking about this that much, but if I had to choose I'd vote for No One Knows. Or Amy ('Amy don't you go, I want you around').

Maybe it would sound too sad but I would like it to be Good Riddance, because this song sounds nostalgic and it's a beautiful song, it will remind us that with Green Day we had the "Time of Our Lives", and that they had it too, but just thinking of Green Day's last song is depressing :(

Well Billie anyway as stated by him in Irvine a couple years ago.

Billie has said at so many concerts that he wants to be in this band forever and never break up so i really hope he means it..

this thread makes me sad as hell :S

Uptight off Nimrod.

And god, I know this is irrelevant, but I remember watching blink-182 playing the song Dammit, the very last song on the very last show they did before they broke up. Sooo sad :/

Do you have a link ? I think that i never saw the live show before they broke up.

Macy's Day Parade

That song symbolises everything that Green Day are about for me. One of the few songs that makes me feel really emotional and in a way it is the last Green Day song of the old Green Day before their 00s popularity (ignoring Shenanigans). 'Cos now I now it's all that I wanted' would be a great way to end

I'm right with ya there, it's equally as nostalgic to Good Riddance "when I was a kid I thought, I wanted all the things that I haven't got" and it would probably be the only song that could yank out my manly tears

I don't think Good Riddance or The Forgotten would be good choices because those songs only have Billie performing... And Green Day isn't just Billie, it's Billie, Mike, and Tré.

The perfect song would be Jesus of Suburbia, because it's long, epic, and every member has their time to shine on that song, and of course the explosion at the end. Oh and make the explosion so big that all members die on stage. I mean Billie did say the only way to get out of this band is in a coffin. :lol:

Oh and make the explosion so big that all members die on stage.

I laughed :mellow:

Yea, I agree with Good Riddance, y'know, keeping the good ol' traditions up till the very end. But then something epic with strings etc to make it a grand finale we'll annoy our Grand Children with by telling this glorious story over and over again :P

Do you have a link ? I think that i never saw the live show before they broke up.

This was Blink's "last" song. Not exactly epic, actually pretty sloppy and you can really feel the tension between the members. The whole last concert is on Youtube, and there's so much awkward tension between Mark and Tom.

Well actually very last thing was Mark's drum solo.

I don't think Good Riddance or The Forgotten would be good choices because those songs only have Billie performing... And Green Day isn't just Billie, it's Billie, Mike, and Tré.

The perfect song would be Jesus of Suburbia, because it's long, epic, and every member has their time to shine on that song, and of course the explosion at the end. Oh and make the explosion so big that all members die on stage. I mean Billie did say the only way to get out of this band is in a coffin. :lol:

Sorry sir but The Forgotten does feature the whole band ;)

Sorry sir but The Forgotten does feature the whole band ;)

Oh okay, I haven't listened to The Forgotten yet because I'm waiting for iTré!, I just assumed was just Billie and his piano. :lol:

Take Back :-P

or Misery since they've always maintained its impossible to play live

The show would be on September and the last song they play would be WMUWSE.

Then when the song ends I wake up and find out it was only a nightmare.

At the Library. For me that would bring everything back around. Maybe we'll meet again someday.

Yessir. What's sad is if you watch this whole show, you can see how distant Mark and Tom were. They also saying some pretty hateful things towards each other. :/

Song wise it would be Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) but it would only be Billie. So as the last song the band would ever perform I would have to go with 21st Century Breakdown.

Not a Green Day song, but imagine how fucking awesome/emotional a second "We Are the Champions" cover would be.

Whatever song they play it'd only be 2/3 of them as they've said the only way they'll end if one of them dies

hopefully this doesnt happen soon, but i'd say 86 ... i'd be too worried about them disbanding though

Archived