First Week Sales

Charlie Boston

Does anyone know the first week sales for all of green day albums ( starting with dookie)? I only know the first week sales of american idiot,21cb,UNO! and DOS!

Does anyone know the first week sales for all of green day albums ( starting with dookie)? I only know the first week sales of american idiot,21cb,UNO! and DOS!

Er? Is this supposed to be an intro thread? Moving to GD Chat for now...

In the Green Day Biography channel documentary they said that Dookie sold 9,000 copies the week it was released.

In the Green Day Biography channel documentary they said that Dookie sold 9,000 copies the week it was released.

Yeah Dookie was one of those albums that caught fire after the release - I believe Longview was the first single and shit exploded with Basket Case. I hate mainstream trends so I despised Green Day at this time, wasn't until I heard When I Come Around 5,000 times on the radio that I finally gave into buying the cassette (god im old) and turning into an obsessed fan for almost 2 decades now lol

• 2 years later...

Nimrod sold 81,000 on first week, American Idiot sold 267,000, 21st CB sold 215,000 in the first week (which was a shortenned 3 days). Uno, dos and tré sold 139,000, 69,000 and 58,000 on their debut weeks respectively. I also know their side project Stop Drop and Roll sold 55,000 on the first week

Warning, Insomniac and Shenanigans I don't know. I didn't know that Dookie sold 9,000 on the first week but understandable since it was their first debut album on a Major Label so no one knew them until later.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/66300/the-american-way-green-day-debuts-at-no-1

According to this link, Warning sold 156,000 copies in its first week which I find is surprising, I thought it would be less considering it was a commercial failure and it has only sold 1.2 million copies as of 2012

Archived