Jesus of Suburbia vs Homecoming - Which 9-minutes song do you prefer?

LifeStream

Which one do you prefer?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for JOS, though it was really difficult for me to choose which one i like better, cos i love both, 2 of the best Green Day songs ever :happy:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homecoming. just because Tre and Mike sing in the song too...

I liked JOS better before, but now I like Homecoming more, but I love them both, they are my favorites from AI.

I voted for Jesus of Suburbia. It was an easy decision for me as this song is one of my favourite GD songs. :wub: It's simply an awesome song, a real masterpiece. My favourite parts (hard to pick, but had to chose): Part II City of the Damned and Part IV Dearly Beloved (love them equally)

Homecoming, East 12th Street

American Idiot was the first album I bought, and every time I hear that opening riff to Homecoming (I don't know why this song in particular) I get this amazing buzz of nostalgia, I feel as though I'm in a different place. It's weird, but I love it!

I voted Jesus of Suburbia, this song means so much and the lyrics are incredibles. My favorite part is Dearly Beloved (Each time I think of this part of the song i got in mind the picture of Billie Joe in BIAB when he's singing the dearly beloved part and he's waving his arms up in the air... you know what I mean? ahah yeah this live is a success no doubt)

And if you just listen to the beat and the music I prefer JoS to Homecoming but the last one is still in my top 5 of favorites GD songs.

Homecoming for me. I love the variety and quirkiness of it, and the totally epic over-the-topness of it. And the tongue in cheek, not taking itself too seriously humour of it. Along with amazing and at times heart-wrenching lyrics and such wonderful and atmospheric music. The cool story behind it and the fact it has a section to showcase every band member doesn't hurt it's case either. It's my favourite song on American Idiot, it shows off everything I love about the album in one song. JOS is breathtaking too but Homecoming is perfection :wub:

Very pleasantly surprised by how well it's holding it's own in the vote too! Thought it'd be destroyed. Nice to see how well appreciated it is from the poll and the replies here.

It's hard to decide which one I should vote, so I won't!

I think Jesus Of Suburbia is more powerful than Homecoming... and I Don't Care/Dearly Beloved are just perfect, I love how they're one after the other (that doesn't make much sense xp). But Homecoming gets extra points for having Mike and Tré singing on it <3 they do it their own style and I'll never forget the first time I heard it; I knew it wasn't Billie and thought: "omg this is so fucking great!!!". And I love the intro a lot.

Both performed live are something amazing to watch.

I have to say JOS, I chose JOS over Homecoming because I think JOS is a better song lyrically. While I do love hearing all the (official) Green Day members sing a song together I think Homecoming is more of a novelty, compared to JOS being more of a story.

Homecoming, because the parts are more varied and it has alot of information about the ending of American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia will always be my favorite song, but goodness, Homecoming is a good one. It is, other than Letterbomb, the climax of the story and the guys couldnt have made it a better climax. The lyrics are overwhelmingly superior and the placement of it is perfect. I did say Jesus of Suburbia is my favorite song of all time, but I have been connected to Homecoming in almost the exact same way it is delivered in the album. It reveals and describes everything so perfectly, and shit, Billie's voice in the beginning. God-like. So beautiful, such great lyrics. Jesus of Suburbia on the other hand I think is a song more people can relate to. I can very much so. It really saved my life. To the opening lines, and to the land of make believe. Perfect.

Hard desicion, but I have to go with Jesus of Suburbia everytime. ^Giving credit to Homecoming though for it being so epic.

Also, I didnt know Homecoming was the first song written for American Idiot... :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little hard because I love both songs, but I will have to say Jesus of Suburbia!

Archived