Jesus of Suburbia vs Homecoming - Which 9-minutes song do you prefer?

LifeStream

Which one do you prefer?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HOMECOMING!!! :)

Having Billie, Mike, and Tre sing in ONE song..umm that is perfection :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love both songs to bits, but i picked Homecoming! But only because i think it is an underrated song, not by the more hardcore Green Day fans, but by the more casual fans and people who just like the occasional song i think it is underrated (at least by the people i know)! Also i find it more fun to play on guitar and Mike and Tre's lead vocal parts earn it some extra points! :)

50/50. I'm surprised. Everyone's talking about how they love Homecoming. Anyone want to say why they voted JoS?

Got my favorite sub tracks escp I Don't Care and Dearly Beloved

Homecoming is good dont care for nobody likes you and rock and roll girlfriend too much

I honestly can't make this decision. I love them both so much, and both have sections that I don't care for as much as the rest of the song ("I Don't Care" - bit angry/repetitive compared to the rest of the song, and "Nobody Likes You," because I don't think Mike is a very good singer), but I probably like JoS a tad bit more because of City of the Damned. So hard though.

I think Homecoming is actually a better, more interesting and cohesive song, but I prefer JOS. But Homecoming has a better ending to it, fucking epic. As soon as he starts in with the "I started fucking running as soon..." I'm just in heaven.

Jesus of Suburbia, lyrically, can be argued as the best of the band's career. I was watching Bullet In A Bible recently, and Billie said that the lines "I'm the son of rage and love/the Jesus of Suburbia" basically got the ball rolling for AI. JoS pretty much sets the scene for the story of AI beautifully. Not to mention it rocks - and IMO all the transitions between parts are seamless.

I like Homecoming too, but it doesn't flow as well, and JoS will always be one of my favorite songs of all time.

Jesus of Suburbia.

Homecoming, simply the part of "we're coming home again" is epic of all proportions. I would love for them to bring it back live too.

Random story,

Back in 2005, my best friend bought his ticket for the Milton Keynes show but got the 19th instead of the 18th. We didn't realise until nearer the time, he went anyway.

I always hated how he got to hear Homecoming, I mean Maria was amazing to hear as that is another rarity, but man Homecoming live, sooooo good on record, i bet live it's perfect.

I must admit also that Billie doing St. Jimmy on Broadway and just the musical's portrayal of Homecoming opened up the meaning of it in my head a lot more. When I first listened to the album back in 2004, I was 14, and I don't think I understood Homecoming, definitely not to the emotional extent that I connected with JoS. So to have it communicated so well from St. Billie gave me a newfound appreciation for it. If you had asked me this question pre-musical, my answer would have been JOS hands-down, but after the musical and the Death of St. Jimmy, it's fair game.

Jesus of suburbia is and always will be my favorite i connect with it

I'm going to have to say Jesus of Suburbia.

It's one of my favorite Green Day songs of all time and it gives the listener such a great introduction to such an important character, thus setting the stage for the rest of the album.

I will say i wish i'm coming home again was a full length song

The same I could say about "Dearly Beloved" and "City of the Damned"

The same I could say about "Dearly Beloved" and "City of the Damned"

Hell yeah Dearlu Beloved is my favorite off JoS the bass line the piano and the vocals are perfect

Jesus of Suburbia. But Homecoming is still amazing. JOS is a masterpiece though, I don't think it can be beaten. Dirty Rotten Bastards promises to be interesting.

I love both of them & they both explain my life! But I guess Jesus of Suburbia fits more with me :) But both are amazing ( Y CAN'T I CHOOSE BOTH? :angry )

I like A Quick One While He's Away.

Me too, but I don't think it can count since it's not their song.

Fuck. After reading this, I'm off to listen to this album again. Anyone else notice, how even eight years later, how well this album has aged? I'll go months without touching this, and when I sit down and listen (ok, usually drive and listen) I can't stop listening. I must listen to it all!

I think it really says something how evenly this poll is divided. It's quite the accomplishment to pull off two nine minute songs and then years later they are frequently cited as some of the best in the band's entire catalog.

My vote went to Jesus of Suburbia. Not only my favorite Green Day songs, it's just one of my favorite songs period.

I go back and forth on this question. Lately I've been on a JOS bend, but I've been on the side of Homecoming before, especially after seeing the musical

I really do like both songs here...they each have something great about them, but I guess I love JOS more because it just rocks out a little harder than Homecoming. Also, I love that little soft moment with Dearly Beloved...it's just amazing.

What do you do if both are within your top 5 Green Day songs? vote the underdog, just because I've never (and always wanted to) see it live....

Archived