Jesus of Suburbia vs Homecoming - Which 9-minutes song do you prefer?

LifeStream

Which one do you prefer?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey there :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place .. so if it is not, please move it :P

Ok, Well, both are great songs , but probably you like one more.

I'm not sure, but I THINK that I like "Jesus of suburbia" more.

p.s. - which section do you like the best in your prefered song? I'd say "City Of The Damned" :)

Pleasant discussion :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the part on Jesus of Suburbia where Tré plays the drums.

You know the bit. He's all like BAM BAM BADDA BAM BAM TING BANG BAM.

It's cool.

Almost impossible to choose.

Probably gonna have to go with Homecoming... It's literally the band's song. First two parts of the song take the story of AI deeper, then Mike and Tre get their time to shine, then one of the best moments in Green Day's discography.

6:07 is one of the best riffs Billie has ever made and the whole act is almost like a celebration of their career.

This was the song that started it all for American Idiot.... Gotta give it the nod.

Homecoming is one of the best songs Green Day has ever made.

Jesus of Suburbia is one of the best songs Green Day has ever made.

Hard to choose, but I'm just that small amount more fond of Homecoming.

Favorite section: The Death of St. Jimmy

I like both songs, but I gotta go with "Homecoming" for sure. It's one of GD's best songs and I have alot of fond memories with it.

I love both equally. All songs on AI are part of a whole story. It's like wether you like page 34 or page 87 in a book. Both are essential to the plot and over all concept. Homecoming, I love the beginning the best. "My heart is beating frim me, I'm standing all alone. Please call me only if you are coming home" Billie's voice is so beautiful during this. The fact that Homecoming includes Mike and Tre in their own parts gives it +1. The fact that it was the first song that was written to inspire American Idiot gives it a +2. Jesus of Suburbia is a story on its own, introducing us to the Jesus of Suburbia and setting the tone of AI's plot. Love both.

Homecoming because I think this is the only song that Mike, Tré and Billie Joe have sang together!

Homecoming. Its all around awesome, and it segues perfectly from WMUWSE into Whatsername. I do love Jesus of Suburbia tons though.

False.

Dominated Love Slave.

Where does Billie sing and if he does Homecoming is the only one that they have a starring singing role

Where does Billie sing and if he does Homecoming is the only one that they have a starring singing role

Tré sings lead, and Billie and Mike do harmonies and backing vocals. And randomly shout "YEEHAW" and "WOOHOO".

Mike only does harmonies and backing vocals on Homecoming. Hardly a starring role.

EDIT: I'm stupid when I'm tired, okay?

Gotta love Suburbia, the songs within it, go better together I feel

Tré sings lead, and Billie and Mike do harmonies and backing vocals. And randomly shout "YEEHAW" and "WOOHOO".

Mike only does harmonies and backing vocals on Homecoming. Hardly a starring role.

Ceatarded. U fell asleep while watching spike tv lately bro?

After ten cups of coffee you're forgetting something

I'm surprised by the sudden love for Homecoming, I thought I was part of a small minority preferring it over JoS.

Everyone's always praising JoS and nobody ever mentions poor Homecoming.

Nobody Likes You?

Ceatarded. U fell asleep while watching spike tv lately bro?

After ten cups of coffee you're forgetting something

picard-face-palm.gif

Bloody hell. *brain fart*

It's like 2 in the morning here, gimme a break.

Original point stands though.

New poll: Which do you prefer, Homecoming, or Dominated Love Slave :P

Homecoming, because it has a lil mike, a lil tre in it, and just all three of them in general. i like mike and tre's portion of Homecoming

Archived