Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thanksgiving 2012

News

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
i'll say i'm thankful for life, that way i cover everything :P

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,139 rep

how has this thread been open for an hour yet no one's posted this yet

Is that.....for real?

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving! It's not too big here since we're a British overseas territory, but there are plenty of expats who take the day off. Lucky!

Anyway... I'm thankful for seeing old friends! One of my friends from last year came back to visit today since he goes to an American school overseas. Another friend is coming back tomorrow and there's a dance on Friday and I'll be inviting my friends who are sill here but have transferred schools. Should be great!

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,244 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,222 rep
I just cooked an amazing Thanksgiving dinner for me and my friends. Normally wouldn't celebrate it but one of my best friends is American and she came back here today to stay for a couple weeks so it seemed fitting :)

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,393 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,864 rep
I'm thankful for sweatpants and microwavable noodles.

spark in the night

spark in the night
  • ◊∴◊ 400⋅LUX ◊∴◊

• 29,919 posts
  • Joined Jul 15, 2005
  • 3,023 rep
ugh McDonalds wasn't open for dinner
and I drove all the way there in my jammies.

Guess it's leftovers time!

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep
People that have to go out and work eat at mcdonalds today. We did at work.

it was a SHITSHOW at the hospital btw! Fucking insane sick dogs everywhere.

Though i am thankful for a job that is flexible and affords me a lot of freedom to do the things i really love 5 days a week :). Even if it does mean taking one for the team every now and then.

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• 3,996 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,902 rep
Well it was a typical Thanksgiving for my family. Stuck in the car with my parents, my brother, and his girlfriend for over two hours to drive down to Aberdeen and argue with the rest of the family about politics and stuff. And of course Green Day had to get brought up somehow and none of the extended family likes them. :sad: One of my cousins said he thinks Green Day went over the edge with the American Idiot musical and Billie wears too much eye makeup. Everyone always teases me about my love of Green Day. My brother wouldn't let my play any of their music on the way home, so I put on Money Money 2020 and said "This is The Network! Not Green Day." :lol:
But my Uncle works with stained glass so I asked if he could make me a stained glass Green Day logo if I found a pattern. He said if I found something, we could "discuss it" at Christmas. :ermm:
Of course I'm thankful for Green Day and the fact that Billie's rehab is going well. I'm also thankful for the wonderful family I have despite their strangeness. I'm thankful that my very sick cat is still hanging on and is still around for me to love her.
Oh, and I also decided not to eat any turkey this year because I don't like it that much and I feel sorry for all the turkeys. I'm more of a red meat person anyway.

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Bah Humbug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,196 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,593 rep

Well it was a typical Thanksgiving for my family. Stuck in the car with my parents, my brother, and his girlfriend for over two hours to drive down to Aberdeen and argue with the rest of the family about politics and stuff. And of course Green Day had to get brought up somehow and none of the extended family likes them. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... One of my cousins said he thinks Green Day went over the edge with the American Idiot musical and Billie wears too much eye makeup. Everyone always teases me about my love of Green Day. My brother wouldn't let my play any of their music on the way home, so I put on Money Money 2020 and said "This is The Network! Not Green Day." http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
But my Uncle works with stained glass so I asked if he could make me a stained glass Green Day logo if I found a pattern. He said if I found something, we could "discuss it" at Christmas. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
Of course I'm thankful for Green Day and the fact that Billie's rehab is going well. I'm also thankful for the wonderful family I have despite their strangeness. I'm thankful that my very sick cat is still hanging on and is still around for me to love her.
Oh, and I also decided not to eat any turkey this year because I don't like it that much and I feel sorry for all the turkeys. I'm more of a red meat person anyway.

Oh gosh, this sounds slightly reminiscent of one of my trips down to Columbus to visit family with my grandparents, mom and sister... I had to listen to them talk about how President Obama and gays are ruining the country, and interracial marriage should still be illegal. And how all modern music just sounds like screaming, and how I should play '50s music at my wedding reception. :mellow:

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• 3,996 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,902 rep

Oh gosh, this sounds slightly reminiscent of one of my trips down to Columbus to visit family with my grandparents, mom and sister... I had to listen to them talk about how President Obama and gays are ruining the country, and interracial marriage should still be illegal. And how all modern music just sounds like screaming, and how I should play '50s music at my wedding reception. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Ha ha! Yeah. Isn't spending time with extended family just like the best thing ever? :rolleyes:

bjrules

bjrules
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 304 rep
I've decided that I think I'm glad we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here. Its bad enough catching up with family members at Christmas time, let alone Thanksgiving as well :lol:

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep

Well it was a typical Thanksgiving for my family. Stuck in the car with my parents, my brother, and his girlfriend for over two hours to drive down to Aberdeen and argue with the rest of the family about politics and stuff. And of course Green Day had to get brought up somehow and none of the extended family likes them. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... One of my cousins said he thinks Green Day went over the edge with the American Idiot musical and Billie wears too much eye makeup. Everyone always teases me about my love of Green Day. My brother wouldn't let my play any of their music on the way home, so I put on Money Money 2020 and said "This is The Network! Not Green Day." http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
But my Uncle works with stained glass so I asked if he could make me a stained glass Green Day logo if I found a pattern. He said if I found something, we could "discuss it" at Christmas. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Oh gosh, this sounds slightly reminiscent of one of my trips down to Columbus to visit family with my grandparents, mom and sister... I had to listen to them talk about how President Obama and gays are ruining the country, and interracial marriage should still be illegal. And how all modern music just sounds like screaming, and how I should play '50s music at my wedding reception. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Headphones. This is why you need headphones in the car. And on the school bus. And in the halls. And just about everywhere else.

also, when people see you wearing headphones they think you can't hear them... so mute your music and listen in on them. (Apparently my uncle has an impotence problem. the things you learn...)

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,489 rep
Dinner was amazing! :D I had so much food and my mom even made bread pudding!! :D

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• 3,996 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,902 rep

Headphones. This is why you need headphones in the car. And on the school bus. And in the halls. And just about everywhere else.

also, when people see you wearing headphones they think you can't hear them... so mute your music and listen in on them. (Apparently my uncle has an impotence problem. the things you learn...)

Yeah, but that would be kind of rude to do around the family. I only see them like twice a year, so I might as well talk to them when I get the chance. :lol:
I did crank ĄDos! up on my iPod on the way home, though. :ninja: But my brother was playing his music so loud over the car stereo I almost couldn't hear it. :cry:

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep

Yeah, but that would be kind of rude to do around the family. I only see them like twice a year, so I might as well talk to them when I get the chance. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
I did crank ĄDos! up on my iPod on the way home, though. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... But my brother was playing his music so loud over the car stereo I almost couldn't hear it. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

My family has always been rude to me, so fuck 'em. :)

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• 3,996 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,902 rep

My family has always been rude to me, so fuck 'em. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Sorry to hear that. :sad: Oh well, at least you have a way to deal with them! And eavesdrop at the same time. :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users