Original Version of St. Jimmy

Jon Benjamin

If mods don't think this needs a topic feel free to close it, but I was watching the Fuse excerpt from Heart Like a Hand Grenade and at 2:58

it says "upon the boulevard like a stray dog on parade" kinda cool

I believe this was also included in "Bullet in a Bible" somewhere too, I recall having seen this already before.

Not to put a damper on your find though, I actually did appreciate the rest of the video! i was unaware that any portions of HLAHG was even out! :P

I believe this was also included in "Bullet in a Bible" somewhere too, I recall having seen this already before.

Not to put a damper on your find though, I actually did appreciate the rest of the video! i was unaware that any portions of HLAHG was even out! :P

I don't recall seeing it ever on BIAB? Also back in roughly 2005 they release a small 20min version of it on TV, its the only footage of it we have really.

Even though this is quite old, I will leave it old incase it goes someone

I don't recall seeing it ever on BIAB? Also back in roughly 2005 they release a small 20min version of it on TV, its the only footage of it we have really.

Even though this is quite old, I will leave it old incase it goes someone

Yeah! It was in the interview parts of it. I recognize the stereo sound and the odd hand gestures Tre is doing :P

It is also interesting that the song list for the album starts with a song called "Welcome" and St.Jimmy was apparently meant to be a two part song (presumably Are we the Waiting was the first part)

It is also interesting that the song list for the album starts with a song called "Welcome" and St.Jimmy was apparently meant to be a two part song (presumably Are we the Waiting was the first part)

I don't think 'Welcome' was a new song. If that's a setlist from a show, then Welcome would be referring to WtP. I know the picture that you're talking about, I however didnt watch the video above. So I may be wrong

I don't think 'Welcome' was a new song. If that's a setlist from a show, then Welcome would be referring to WtP. I know the picture that you're talking about, I however didnt watch the video above. So I may be wrong

Nope, I know what picture Nzap is talking about. It's not a setlist but the original tracklisting of American Idiot... it's mostly the same I think, there were some differences like some kind of Intro before American Idiot and Letterbomb was called Clusterbomb. I wish I could find the picture somewhere... :ermm:

Nope, I know what picture Nzap is talking about. It's not a setlist but the original tracklisting of American Idiot... it's mostly the same I think, there were some differences like some kind of Intro before American Idiot and Letterbomb was called Clusterbomb. I wish I could find the picture somewhere... :ermm:/>

Yeah, I have it right here. Wish I could share it with you! Its on my phone though

Hmm. I wonder if Welcome would of been an opening like Song of the Century and See you Tonight, or a full blown song. So many Green Day songs that we'll never get to hear. Anyone have any idea how many unreleased songs(that we know of) we'll never get to hear(studio or live)? I know there's the 7 or 8 from the late 80's/early 90's, the majority of C&V, Welcome, half the songs written during 21stCBD and from what I've been hearing, they wrote like 80 songs between 2010ish to when Uno! Dos! Tre! started work. That's another 40 or so. So what, around 80 or 90 songs that we know of that will probably never get released? and countless hundreds more that never make it past studio jams and what not.

I don't understand why bands just don't release 'em. Sure it may not be their "Maximum" but die-hard fans would buy them in an instant. I sure as hell know I'd buy an collection that contains every song Green Day have ever managed to make it to the studio.

A lot of bands release albums or box sets full of demos and unreleased songs, hopefully we'll get a Green Day one at some point :)

I never new about "Welcome" before, hearing about songs that haven't been released always makes me exited and disappointed knowing that we might here it one day, but also may never know anything more than the title of it.

Hmm. I wonder if Welcome would of been an opening like Song of the Century and See you Tonight, or a full blown song. So many Green Day songs that we'll never get to hear. Anyone have any idea how many unreleased songs(that we know of) we'll never get to hear(studio or live)? I know there's the 7 or 8 from the late 80's/early 90's, the majority of C&V, Welcome, half the songs written during 21stCBD and from what I've been hearing, they wrote like 80 songs between 2010ish to when Uno! Dos! Tre! started work. That's another 40 or so. So what, around 80 or 90 songs that we know of that will probably never get released? and countless hundreds more that never make it past studio jams and what not.

I don't understand why bands just don't release 'em. Sure it may not be their "Maximum" but die-hard fans would buy them in an instant. I sure as hell know I'd buy an collection that contains every song Green Day have ever managed to make it to the studio.

I know Tman's got a list of all of the unreleased ones.

I know them all, but it'd be hard to count.

When Billie's playing WMUWSE, the first part he does sounds like Last Night On Earth

And the different lyrics in WMUWSE? C'mon guys.

When Billie's playing WMUWSE, the first part he does sounds like Last Night On Earth

And the different lyrics in WMUWSE? C'mon guys.

What?

Look, they've marked which songs are "clean"!

I think they're talking about guitar.

What?

I think they're talking about guitar.

Interesting! You know, that makes more sense :lol:. But I don't play guitar nor know the instrument that well, so I wouldn't have guessed.

Archived