I miss Green Day...

Tek

I completely understand what you mean. I too wish that Green Day were around to do promotional stuff, Tv performances etc. But, I really want Billie to get better. I've come to understand that it probably isnt best for Green Day to be completely active right now, and I want Billie to have the best chance of recovery. And if that means Green Day not being as active and appearing everywhere, I guess that's what it's gonna take. I'm sure when Green Day do start doing all the promotional stuff again, they're gonna be great and ready to go :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely understand what you mean. I too wish that Green Day were around to do promotional stuff, Tv performances etc. But, I really want Billie to get better. I've come to understand that it probably isnt best for Green Day to be completely active right now, and I want Billie to have the best chance of recovery. And if that means Green Day not being as active and appearing everywhere, I guess that's what it's gonna take. I'm sure when Green Day do start doing all the promotional stuff again, they're gonna be great and ready to go :)

Good point. Taking the time he needs to get treatment is the absolute best and most sensible thing Billie can do right now, and that means it's the best thing for the band and by extension the fans too. Doing anything other than this would be no good for anyone, it's the only good option. Us having to be patient for a while (and not even that patient since we're still getting tons of new Green Day stuff!) is a tiny price to pay.

Just a little food for thought: in the video that was just posted to GDA, Billie Joe said that he never likes taking breaks and didn't even put down his guitar for the month off they took. Because of this whole rehab fiasco, Green Day has already taken multiple months to themselves. Does anyone think that this rehab incident might be sort of a blessing in disguise, in light of the possibility of more material generated by all of this time off? I don't know if I would go as far to say that Green Day will release a new album any time soon, but it could get the ball rolling sooner, or we could see a new side album (Network, FBHT style) some time in the near future. Just aimless speculation.

**Sorry if this isn't related enough, I just didn't think it really warranted its own topic.

Is this the first time Green Day has taken a break since they cancelled their Insomniac (or was it Dookie) tour? (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this)

Is anyone on here that went through that last break? To me this is new and it's just weird and it hurts and I'm sad and lonely without my Green Day

Its hard to say since we didn't really have the internet back then. I tend to remember them cancelling the Insomniac tour because Mike had issues?? I don't know that was over 15 years ago.

Yeah, I miss them, too. As much as I understand it, as much as there is all this other material already out (which I've already seen, so it isn't new anymore...), as much as the music is so much more than enough... It is strange, to see all of this, to have this new music, and not see them on t.v., new things to see, concerts to look forward to... And I've grown worried that I might not be able to make whatever the rescheduled dates are, as I'm sure others have done as well.

It's wonderful to see how much they seem to be enjoying and taking advantage of this (clearly much-needed) time off, but it is difficult as a fan when so much was to be happening right now in the Green Day sphere... Of course I am grateful for all of the stuff that they are still doing - there is no need for them to change anything, to give us anything, post on Instagram for the fans... That's all stuff that they're doing because they want to stay connected, and I fully respect that that is absolutely not necessary. It's just that this whole thing changes the experience of it... I'm not going to say it is ruined, because it is still wonderful to have all of this new music, and that can't be taken away. I just hope that we still get to experience the full-blast Green Day release craziness in years to come.

I miss Tré's antics on David Letterman...

he had antics on david letterman? where can I see those!?

Archived