I miss Green Day...

Tek

I don't start many topics over here even though I've been around for a long time so if this needs to be moved/closed my apologies.

So we are nearing the 3rd month since Billie went into rehab....like many of you I understood..I felt for him, the band, his family and the people involved with the trilogy after all the hard work that was put into this massive project.

Its weird to experience this as a fan and of course none of us are just fans, we are that group of people that scrounge for every bit of news, buy various items because they have some reference to Green Day ( hell I have a 4 ft by 6ft UNO poster on its way ) we are the people begging friends & family to get a spot for a ticket sale before they are sold out, lining up at a concert hours sometimes days before a show starts, we are obsessive over analyzing SUPER FANS. I'm proud to be part of that group...but things have been weird.

We never experienced this before, we never had 3 Green Day albums released in such a short time, all this new music, info coming from every direction. Right before UNO dropped I had to admit...I was a tad bit overwhelmed..but loving every minute of it. I could only imagine how the band felt dealing with all of this promotion and events due to the album. I mean I think maybe some of us look at the guys as invincible, but they are not...this is our proof right here.

Anyone in my personal life that sees anything Green Day, they just think of me. I've become synonymous with Green Day as I'm sure many of you have.

Its weird to have these albums coming out and nothing from Green Day. I know Billie is getting better...but damn...I miss these guys alot.

From all the stuff I've seen since the trilogy was announced this stands out as my fav moment. You can look at the guys ( starting at 1:31 ) and everyone is so happy. Billie jamming to Tre, Tre feeling it, Billie messing with Mike...This is what a band of 20 years should be like.

Everyday, I wait to see a new interview, tv appearance, secret concert...something...and I know this might not happen until after the new year...still it sucks.

I wonder if Billie will ever talk about what pushed him to rehab in a interview, he is a pretty private guy...but you know it will come up. Plus like its been pointed out, the lyrics in UNO and DOS really point to a lot going on for him.

so basically long story short...this rehab sucks, I look forward to Green Day coming back, I like cheese.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean, it's really weird not having new interviews and TV appearances, especially after all the ones they had booked. The thing I'm most interested in though is how it's going to be handled when it's back to normal, whether it will be talked about in interviews and stuff like you said. Time will tell I guess.

I get how you feel, what happened really sucks. We all miss the guys. But i'm sure that in some months, it will be okay again and Green Day will be back :)

Until then, just enjoy the new music we will get and watch old videos or whatever..

Dude get a life...

(I feel ya tho)

you shouldn't tell anyone to get a life.

seriously, just don't.

"Its weird to have these albums coming out and nothing from Green Day." Sorry, I don't fully understand this. You're saying you don't like this part of the era because there are no recent interviews or (secret) shows at the moment? And because of that this rehab sucks?

Who made these three albums? Didn't we get new music a couple weeks ago, with a new music video? There's so much happening already. They played a few shows not too long ago. There are still new twitter updates, new instagram pictures, new articles, new tour date announcements etc. I'd say, look at all we've been getting lately! I'm seeing Green Day everywhere. !Tré! comes out in less than three weeks, and they'll play shows in 2013. I understand you miss the recent stuff and the shows, but there's enough happening now to be excited about :D And don't worry, they'll be "back" in no time.

It's a shame not to see them doing interviews and TV performances etc but it honestly doesn't bother me that much. There's SO much more new music than usual :woot:, plus they did a fair few things before Billie's treatment started and there's still some stuff coming out as Katarina details above. So far I feel like I have more than enough Green Day stuff to tide me over. I look forward to them coming back and being right in the spotlight again for sure, but like in the months/years between albums I can happily get by until then.

I can see where you're coming from though, nicely written post. And I love the video you posted. That's the thing, there's so many great videos and other things from this era to enjoy already. While we wait (as patiently as we can :D) we can still enjoy stuff like that in the mean time, that's the way I see it.

Do you think Green Day's appearances on shows like Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel will just be rescheduled?

One thing that will come out of this; Mike taking over as GD spokesperson will have had a positive effect on his public persona and that is good for GD as a band.

I hope so.. i don't know why but i really want to see they meet ellen XD maybe not an interview that's fine, just exchange some words would be so nice. I guess we have to wait until next year..

Do you think Green Day's appearances on shows like Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel will just be rescheduled?

Guest Honey Emerald

Just because they taking a temporary break... does not mean that they are gone. All of Green Day are probably thinking up some writing material as we speak because of this situation.

Billie Joe did the right thing by seeking help... because of it he will be around longer for fans to enjoy. I would hate to think of what could have happened if he did not seek the help.

This should be a time of celebration.

you shouldn't tell anyone to get a life.

seriously, just don't.

I was joking with Tek I've known him longer than this website has been alive

I was joking with Tek I've known him longer than this website has been alive

easily misunderstood Im sure not everyone knows that

"Its weird to have these albums coming out and nothing from Green Day." Sorry, I don't fully understand this. You're saying you don't like this part of the era because there are no recent interviews or (secret) shows at the moment? And because of that this rehab sucks?

Who made these three albums? Didn't we get new music a couple weeks ago, with a new music video? There's so much happening already. They played a few shows not too long ago. There are still new twitter updates, new instagram pictures, new articles, new tour date announcements etc. I'd say, look at all we've been getting lately! I'm seeing Green Day everywhere. !Tré! comes out in less than three weeks, and they'll play shows in 2013. I understand you miss the recent stuff and the shows, but there's enough happening now to be excited about :D And don't worry, they'll be "back" in no time.

I'm glad this was reopened so I could respond.

I love every single era of Green Day before all of this happened, it was very exciting to know all of this new music, videos and such was coming at us. What I meant is that I know normally Green Day would have been in the Stray Heart video. There prob would have been another single from DOS. Its just weird to have all this new music out and the guys for the most part is MIA. My fav thing about Green Day is watching them in interviews and performing live. That is what I'm missing at the moment. I know it will kick back up next year...but I'm just saying....we have never went through a release period in which Green Day is unable to promote their project properly. I'm sure all of this changed so much that was planned for them.

I wish the crew nothing, but the best...and to be honest I felt kind of selfish even making this post to begin with....They have gave me so much over the countless years and been there for every emotional aspect of my life for almost 20 years.

I guess to sum things up...I'm ready for 2013 to get here because I'm ready to see what Green Day does best...joking during interviews, performing amazing live performances and just being GREEN DAY.

and yea, Tim is a jerk so pay no attention to him lol

who knows, i guess only time will tell... im thinking eventually, but with ellen's and kimmel's tight schedules, it'll probably won't be til at least the middle/ late next year :(

I sure do miss them. But I know they'll be back. They always will, and when they are back, they'll be better than ever. Best wishes to Billie, and I don't care, he can take however long he needs, all I care about is that he gets better.

Is this thread really nessacary?

If you think it isn't feel free not to click on it. Any time people aren't interested in discussing the subject of a thread they should just not post in it, that way if there's no discussion to be had it'll drop down the page and go away on it's own.

I really do miss them, but I'm still happily enjoying the three new albums. I'm very glad that I saw them in September too, I really really pushed and pushed to go to that show, and I'm glad I did.

I can sympathise as I miss knowing the boys are all together, and playing live.

Guess we should focus on the fact that we've just been given a fantastic album in Dos and start to get excited for Tre. I've heard Drama Queen, The Forgotten, 99R, and the preview of X-Kid and I like them all, it's gonna be epic :)

I miss them too! :(

And every time I get bummed out about them not being able to do interviews and such..I just watch some old ones..not exactly the same, but it helps xD

...wow, I am cool :ninja:

When I read the title I thought this was one of these thread by people complaining about Green Day being bad nowadays and blah blah blah :lol:

Yeah, I feel you! It's so weird to see Mike doing all the stuff Billie would be supposed to do... I'm just trying to enjoy the new music.

Archived