Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Israel/Palestine Confilct

News Debate

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Rusty Blue

Rusty Blue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined Apr 10, 2012
  • 82 rep

Well your country only had 40 years of chances to recognize Palestinian statehood and make co-existence work BEFORE Hamas took over Gaza.

And the West Bank, which is not controlled by Gaza, proves that even when a Palestinian territory is controlled by a moderate authority, they still get nothing in return from Israel. Why does your government continue to build deeper and deeper into land that was never theirs?

We gave them a chance to build a country. We went out of Gaza and then Hamasa got control there.
and about the West Bank- in 1947 they had a chance to build a country, they had lands and the authority from the UN. They didn't use that chance and just started a war with us.

Whether you like it or not, Israel army and governments have committed several acts of state terrorism along the years.

never been a terrorism organization. in 1947 the UN gave us the authority to build a nation here and we had lands and all that stuff. We did want that there would be two-states setlement with the Palesnitians, it's them that didn't want to and started the war.
When there's a threat for our existence we defense ourselves and you can't say that any of our attacks wasn't because of defense. They all were.
Maybe you guys don't understand any of it because you don't live here and don't really know how it is to live around enemies and have a threat for your existence. Most of you never heard the sound of the genuine alarm, but I did. There's no way to describe the fear.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,585 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,818 rep

We gave them a chance to build a country. We went out of Gaza and then Hamasa got control there.
and about the West Bank- in 1947 they had a chance to build a country, they had lands and the authority from the UN. They didn't use that chance and just started a war with us.

In case you didn't notice, a shitload has changed since 1947, like the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the reunification of Germany, etc. That really isn't a valid argument.

I would like an Israeli here to either acknowledge the need for Palestinian statehood or otherwise acknowledge you basically consider the land occupied and conquered, because that is basically its default status right now.
  • Céadóg likes this

Rusty Blue

Rusty Blue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined Apr 10, 2012
  • 82 rep

In case you didn't notice, a shitload has changed since 1947, like the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the reunification of Germany, etc. That really isn't a valid argument.

I would like an Israeli here to either acknowledge the need for Palestinian statehood or otherwise acknowledge you basically consider the land occupied and conquered, because that is basically its default status right now.

You know why this land is occupied? Because they started a war in 1947. They lost, we won, end of story. In 1994 we gave them back some of the lands in the "Oslo agreement", and 12 years ago we went out of Gaza and then Hamas took control there. so you can't say we weren't fair and we gave up the lands that legally were belong to us.

and BTW- Iron Dome :wub:

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,585 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,818 rep

You know why this land is occupied? Because they started a war in 1947. They lost, we won, end of story. In 1994 we gave them back some of the lands in the "Oslo agreement", and 12 years ago we went out of Gaza and then Hamas took control there. so you can't say we weren't fair and we gave up the lands that legally were belong to us.

Well at least someone finally admitted to that having that sentiment.

Saying you gave them back the land is like saying a prison isn't a prison if the armed guards stand on the outside of the walls and don't come inside of the facility.

Rusty Blue

Rusty Blue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined Apr 10, 2012
  • 82 rep

Well at least someone finally admitted to that having that sentiment.

Saying you gave them back the land is like saying a prison isn't a prison if the armed guards stand on the outside of the walls and don't come inside of the facility.

Nope. We had those lands fairly and legally. We occupied them when we won the wars and that's legal (it's actually is if you don't believe me). People in my nation actually want Palestine to be indipendent but only if they won't threat our existence. The threat of our existence is one of the things that leads some of our actions. That's why we build such things as the Iron Dome to protect our civilians. and what they do? use the electricity that we give them to build rockets instead of developing a defense system to their civilians. That's shows their true faces, they don't really care about their civilians.

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep
So Canada's PM removed our diplomats from the UN because Palestine was granted the title of Observatory Country (or whatever it is in English). Way to go Harper, you asshole.

so you can't say we weren't fair

lol
  • Trotsky and Céadóg like this

norcalgreendayfan

norcalgreendayfan
  • SAN JOSE BITCHES

• 14,663 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2009
  • 438 rep

As an Israeli resident I'm with my nation's side. Hamas is throwing rockets on us for 12 years! Think about it! It's impossible that people go to sleep and think for themselves "a rocket is going to fell on me\my house tomorrow?". Children was born to this kind of life. We really don't want to get into a war because the loss of soldiers and humans is so sad and I guess most of you don't know how it feels that your brother\father\uncle is going out there and maybe not coming back. As a sister to a soldier I admit that I scared because I know maybe he will be in one of those wars, and maybe in four years I will be? I can't know.

You can say that we hit innocent children and women too, but it's wrong. And if we do it counts as a failure to us, but if Hamas hits Israelies they count it as a victory. You can decide for yourself who's the "bad side" now.
We are not a terrorism organization, we are a nation. and let's say that we want peace much more than the other side.

Israel wants peace as much as the Palestinians. That's rich, the Israeli government and Israeli army has treated Palestinians like shit ever since Israel was created. Even Arab Israelis are treated like second class citizens.

How can a claim of peace be made when Israel continues to expand settlements in to the West Bank cutting in to land sought by Palestinians to create a fair two state solutions not to mention demands made by the Israelis to where they would control the borders, resources and airspace or have any meaningful defence force. That doesn't make for a fair solution at all.

The Israeli government doesn't even act like they want peace when they harass visitors that are citizens of other countries but have a Palestinian background and come in to Israel through the airport to visit their ancestral homeland. They are subject to a multitude of questioning by Israeli border officials which can keep them at the airport for 12 or more hours before they are finally let in or denied entry and put on a plane to send them back to their country of residence.
  • Marius Pontmercy likes this

EJN

EJN
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined Oct 19, 2011
  • 103 rep

Nope. We had those lands fairly and legally. We occupied them when we won the wars and that's legal (it's actually is if you don't believe me). People in my nation actually want Palestine to be indipendent but only if they won't threat our existence. The threat of our existence is one of the things that leads some of our actions. That's why we build such things as the Iron Dome to protect our civilians. and what they do? use the electricity that we give them to build rockets instead of developing a defense system to their civilians. That's shows their true faces, they don't really care about their civilians.

Occupying conquered land is against international law. Also the state that Israel proposed, as I have stated before, was one in which Palestinian foreign policy and airspace are dictated by Israel. Does that sound like freedom? Who would accept something like that? Continuing to build illegal settlements doesn't demonstrate much desire for Palestinian independence, in fact it makes it nearly impossible. Do you really think the Israeli government would allow HAMAS or PLO to develop a "defense system?" Actions speak louder than words. Israel and its people keep talking about wanting a two-state solution, but their actions have demonstrated that they would much rather conquer more land. Also, Israel's existence is not in question. The Six Days War proved that quite well, not to mention it has the backing of the US military, and most other Western democracies.

I understand your complaints, HAMAS shouldn't be launching rockets at Israel, but you can't honestly believe that Israel does not commit atrocities. Until they do, they cannot complain that the Palestinian people are upset and elect a militant group. You need to read through the one-sided propaganda. If Israel wants peace, it needs to take the initiative and restart peace talks. Then it needs to make a credible state proposal, in which Palestinians have full autonomy. However, they have not done this, and they won't, because under the current balance of power and international order of support they really don't have to. They opposed Palestine being upgraded by the UN, because it brings them a small, symbolic step closer to statehood. That does not sound like commitment to a two-state solution. Israel will continue to exist, and it has every right to, and so does Palestine. If Israel wants a peaceful existence it should negotiatewith Palestinian leaders.
  • Trotsky, Céadóg and musso_kn like this

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,600 rep

Bumping as it's pretty relevant given recent events i.e.:

http://www.nytimes.c...p-conflict.html

thoughts? 

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,585 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,818 rep

The Likud regime needs to go. 

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 13,372 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 6,185 rep
It's impossible to support only one side. Both sides need to come to an agreement. To support only israel, and hope everyone else just "disappears" is ignorant. And same thing vice versa. I wish the best for both sides, because both sides have innocent people that just want to live a peaceful life. Yes, both sides make mistakes in their war with food and weapons, but there is a lot of pressure, it's impossible to expect perfection, otherwise there would be no war in the first place. Good luck to the people on here living in that area, Keep safe. :)
  • Hermione likes this

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,092 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,945 rep

I'm generally pro-Israel. But Christ, the shit my dad just came out with. He's saying Israel aren't being hard line enough. That the numbers of Palestinian dead are both irrelevant to Israel's goal and 'made up by the media' to promote Israel as 'the bad guy,' with the news being biased towards Gaza without any coverage of Israeli suffering. See, I'm all for Israel acting in self defense. I'm all for them destroying the tunnels and rocket launchers and I'm certainly up for them trying to exterminate Hamas - who are genuine bad guys - and I understand there is going to be collateral damage, but their current bombardment tactics are abhorrent.

If they were serious about removing the Hamas thread while preserving Palestinian lives it would be a 100% ground operation, sweeping street by street. Slower, more expensive, more dangerous, but more effective with fewer innocent casualties. But Israel don't care about the innocent deaths - and I can't believe my dad sees that as justified, seeing as there is no positive outcome for them, just another alienated-against-Israel generation of Palestinians. 

• Céadóg likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,382 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,301 rep

Attacking terrorists in self-defense is perfectly fine, but Israel fired on refugee camps and destroyed the region's only power station. Attacking civilians is a war crime, and Israel shouldn't get away with it.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,092 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,945 rep

A further complication in Hamas at gunpoint ensure civilians are surrounding their military hardware. They use the locals as a flesh shield. Trouble is Israel, instead of helping that situation, simply don't care. 

Awesompawsome

Awesompawsome
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 98 rep
Not only do I hope Israel kills all those crazy Muslim Hamas shits, I hope their asses burn in hell. The fact that anyone can even think of supporting Palestine is ridiculous

Advertising

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,929 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,618 rep

Not only do I hope Israel kills all those crazy Muslim Hamas shits, I hope their asses burn in hell. 

6. Thou shalt not kill.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,256 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,725 rep

Not only do I hope Israel kills all those crazy Muslim Hamas shits, I hope their asses burn in hell. The fact that anyone can even think of supporting Palestine is ridiculous

I understand Hamas is a terrorist group but we do have Muslim members here and the Islamophobia isn't necesssry.
  • SaintJimmy13 likes this

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • fighter of the nightman

• 16,213 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 4,361 rep

what the flying fuck?

• Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap, Penguin Puffball and SaintJimmy13 like this

Vespertine

Vespertine
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,092 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2009
  • 455 rep

Vile.

• Penguin Puffball and SaintJimmy13 like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,929 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,618 rep

POPULAR

Pretty solid proof that propaganda is brutally effective.

• ­­rootbeersoup, Velocity, Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap and 2 others like this

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,092 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,945 rep

Are you malfunctioning in the brain place, son? 

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • banana bottom

• 10,572 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,482 rep

6. Thou shalt not kill.

That's 5 mate. And you grew up in a catholic country

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,929 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,618 rep

That's 5 mate. And you grew up in a catholic country

10%20Commandments.jpg

Silly Bobo  :happy:

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,320 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 1,562 rep

Someone please punch her in her fake face.

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • this love is glowing in the dark

• 27,062 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,639 rep
yes lets discuss one persons opinion

do yourself a favour and stop making threads
  • Penguin Puffball, Koal Koalson and Sauli like this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• 17,145 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,197 rep

Someone please punch her in her fake face.

We have an Israel/Palestine thread so I've merged this. But this woman is clearly just a stupid old bat and there's no need to give her the attention she wants.

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • banana bottom

• 10,572 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,482 rep

Silly Bobo  :happy:

well fuck, could have sworn stealing was 6

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users