Alternative Press reviews ¡TRE!

tdlyon

Tre is going to rock, whatever the critics say! I can't wait for it to come out! I think the fans have a way better understanding of and appreciation for Green Day's work than any critic ever could.

yeah probably, but the good thing about not being a fan is that you hear the songs really differently (like when you hear a band for the first time), and you can feel stuff that fans sometimes may not see (and vice versa). Of course fans will always hear the songs in a different (kind of more personal) way.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Critics are human beings as well. They are not gods or something, so they can like it or not.... We don't give a fuck really. When you are saying that someone's wrong, do you have any proof of it? Is there any mathematical formula that approves your statement?

No. So anyone can say anything here, and you are not the one who should judge opinions of others.

Good.

you can say you think different, maybe i will too, IF YOU HEARD THE FUCKING ALBUM!

and still no reason to act like a little baby: "mimimi he sounds like a pig cause he said 3 green day songs are bad". you dont even care for the positive stufff he said.

i strongly disaggree with some reviews of dos, but do i insult them and act like they are wrting shit?! no they just understand the album differently and obviously like other stuff than i do. thats ok with me if they are stating their opinion professionally and not biased like some music blog.

yeah probably, but the good thing about not being a fan is that you hear the songs really differently (like when you hear a band for the first time), and you can feel stuff that fans sometimes may not see (and vice versa). Of course fans will always hear the songs in a different (kind of more personal) way.

Sure. That's true too I guess if you want to go that into it. I was thinking just more surface stuff, though. We know how epic Green Day is and people who aren't fans or don't like Green Day are missing out for sure! :D

The review isnt that bad as for the grade maybe they're graded by the editor and not the reviewers grade but a 3 isnt a bad score either

I really like Drama Queen and The Forgotten, so I'm perfectly pleased if those are considered some of the weaker tracks.

you can say you think different, maybe i will too, IF YOU HEARD THE FUCKING ALBUM!

and still no reason to act like a little baby: "mimimi he sounds like a pig cause he said 3 green day songs are bad". you dont even care for the positive stufff he said.

i strongly disaggree with some reviews of dos, but do i insult them and act like they are wrting shit?! no they just understand the album differently and obviously like other stuff than i do. thats ok with me if they are stating their opinion professionally and not biased like some music blog.

Well, I can understand your point, but it's a Green Day fan site, so it would be very strange if someone here would say this review is perfect, and this album gonna suck anyway. Right?

If you and I wrote a review as reviewers, will we really care about the band? As fans we do, but reviewers are kind of cold to most artists... No one understands Green Day as good as their fans.

I am pretty sure about that :)

wrong again. live with it.

tracks described as generally good songs: Brutal Love, Missing You, 99 Revolutions, Dirty Rotten Bastards, X-Kid, Little Boy Named Train, and Amanda

tracks described as bad songs: 8th Avenue Serenade, Drama Queen, The Forgotten

neutral: Sex, Drugs, and Violence

and @ all fangirls and boys. you dont have to insult some reviewer and go and kill him and his familly just because he didnt gave a green day album you dont even know 5 stars.

your behaviour is just emberassingly childish.

Hmm, I would be tempted to say that your behavior in this situation is embarrassingly childish. Really, did you hear any of us go and threaten to kill the reviewer and his or her family? I know you were being metaphorical there, but you really made it sound as if we were viciously attacking the reviewer and what they wrote, which I don't believe is the case. I also don't think any of us have been acting like "fanboys" or "fangirls". It's perfectly alright to disagree with the reviewer and it's perfectly alright to state that opinion. Reviewers don't know everything.

its perfectly wrong to say " uhhh he hates green day, why does he rate the album so bad" while at the the same time it says it has some damn good songs on it.

and you are missing the point of the whole discussion: reviewers dont know everything. i never said that. i even made clear i disaggree with most reviews of dos. but you cant know if you will disaggree with this review. if you know it now already you are just a fangirl who loves everything green day puts out. it just has to have guitars, base, drums and a melody and you will love it.

thats ok, but stop discussing with people over the music then. i heard billie has a new eyeliner, maybe you can talk about that in another threat and let people who care for the music post here? (only if the "if" apply to you, of course)

This issue literally just came in my mailbox today. I couldn't find this online so I just typed it up. I'm on my phone right now so I can't look it up, but they may have posted it on their website by now.

So you typed it out. On your phone. You sir, are my hero.

Waste Away was supposed to be on Warning, not Walk Away! Probably about walking away from Amanda and back to his wife!

The day I judge an album after a review someone will have to punch me, lucky I don't.

The score doesn't bother me its the way he wrote it. He sounded like he didn't really have any idea, and was utterly clueless.

@DisapppearingBoy It doesn't mean the song is available to download, it's just something AP does in their reviews. Basically saying if you wanted to pick the album apart and just download a few tracks, that's the song they strongly recommend.

Guest DisapppearingBoy

@DisapppearingBoy It doesn't mean the song is available to download, it's just something AP does in their reviews. Basically saying if you wanted to pick the album apart and just download a few tracks, that's the song they strongly recommend.

Thanks!! And where was this review posted? I coundn't find the AP link.

Thanks!! And where was this review posted? I coundn't find the AP link.

Mmm no clue? Maybe the guy who posted it receives the magazine and he got his issue in already. That's probably why it's all typed instead of a direct link.

the review lost some credibility when 8th Avenue was dissed and because the standout song for AP is Amanda!....from what ive heard from the live version seems pretty bland, compared to other magnificent songs of Amanda like She or Good Riddance.

Not sure if I like this review. We learn a lot about the songs, but they talk shit about a lot of the songs we already know we like.

Not sure if they're talking shit or just being honest. Which, by the way, they are. The Forgotten is shite and while I don't think too many people here are going to be too harsh on Drama Queen, it's easy to see how it could be seen as plodding to anyone but a superfan.

Interesting read, nonetheless.

Archived