Family of a 17 year old Irish Green Day fan who died yesterday are trying to get a message from Green Day

Mellyboots

I helped. I don't see why not. I like to make people happy.

If you ever run for president, know that you have my vote!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really sorry for this. It's always a terrible thing when someone dies so young. R.I.P. :(

But (don't misunderstand me please) I don't think it's a good idea. I agree with Tman, what would they say? It's conversely a good idea to call the family personally, because BJA and Adrienne do care, there's no doubt about this.

No doubt I will be called a heartless bastard, but I hear where you are coming from.

You're a heartless bastard

:P

Mike left a message on the IC. Very sweet of him to do so, I think.

Just saw it, and I agree with you.

It's now on GD.com:

MESSAGE FROM MIKE

November 20, 2012

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Kaelem Hainsworth, a Green Day fan in Dublin passed away suddenly at the young age of 17, and we want to send our deepest condolences to Kaelem's family and friends. His funeral is this Thursday, which falls on Thanksgiving in the United States, and hearing sad news around the holidays always makes it more upsetting. Kaelem you will forever be missed.

Mike Dirnt

And yes, it is very sweet and gentle from him and the band. But the sad part to me is that the poor kid will never know this :(

But Green Day received the message, they always respond one way or another ♥

Mike left a message on the IC. Very sweet of him to do so, I think.

what does it say?? Ohhh sweet Mike <3

This is the best thing 'they' (aka Mike) could've done without letting it seem weird/awkward.

How loveley... is it in time for the funeral as they wished (I didn´t reed everything)? Hope so.

Will Mike do this to you or me?

Personally, I wouldn't care, on account of being dead and all that. But some people like nice gestures like this. Don't blindly mock people for their beliefs. It's a sign of stupidity, ironically enough.

Guest LICKER42

Personally, I wouldn't care, on account of being dead and all that. But some people like nice gestures like this. Don't blindly mock people for their beliefs. It's a sign of stupidity, ironically enough.

Everyone dies. Will Mike do this to every Green day fan?

This is exactly the same as your last post. I'll copy and paste my response.

That was really considerate of Mike. I'm pretty sure Kaelem's family will appreciate that. Shame on everyone who has called his family members "selfish" or said that they were only looking for attention. You don't know these people nor their intentions; You would've been better off not saying anything.

Why should they? They did it to one fan, for whatever reason. It doesn´t matter, why. It´s a gesture. And it´s nice. And it´s their decision, so why do you complain?

I will die too. Im so excited!!

Seriously, what's your problem? Just shut up or don't read this thread if you think it's stupid.

I will die too. Im so excited!!

You´ll only be kicked in your ass... or are you jealous...? What´s your problem with a warm, human reaction of a band member...? Why so cynical...?

And don´t worry: you WILL die...

I got all emotional when I read what Mike wrote :cry: It's so nice of him to do this for that guy... I'm happy that this guy's family got this message for his funeral, it's such a nice thing of them too. I just can't explain it, it's all very emotional and nice. My condolences to the guy too :(

Archived