¡Tré! track lengths revealed; "Dirty Rotten Bastards" nears 7 minutes

Crimpshrine

Tre will undeniably be my favorite from the trilogy. I mean, it's got everything!

Everything that I want

I want from Tre... :whistle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going by what I've seen them called. I've seen uploads of it calling it LBNT and others calling it Gabriella, so I just put both names. What I have to go off of the Tiki bar show isn't much though. I do know(from setlist.fm) that they didn't play a song called State of Shock. There's also the fact that Gabriella appears to only be around 30 seconds long, hence the long pause 30 seconds in, and then Billie say "Alright one more time"

All I can say right now is I guess we'll find out what happened to State of Shock and "Gabriella" in the next 2-ish weeks when the album is likely to leak. If we hear a song that opens with State of Shock, or has "No one wants to die" shouted during the chorus, we'll know State of Shock made it. The only way I see "Gabriella" making it onto Tre! is if it's a section of DRB. That is if it is indeed only around 30+ seconds long.

The more I listen to it though I want to hear a studio recording of State of Shock. And Dreamcatcher.

I think you're wrong. The one song was labled Little Boy Named Train, but you can here Billie say State of Shock, and we know the first line of LBNT from an article and it doesnt match up. The second song was labled Trouble Maker, and obviously it's not. It was from the Tiki Bar, and the only other new song they played there was Gabriella, and I hear him say Gabriella in the song. Some people do not. Listen close to each song and see for yourself.

Gabriella is very short, and it seems like they played it twice in that recording. If so, it might have not made it into the trilogy for not being finished, or it could be finished and renamed Brutal Love, Missing You, or DRB. But we're not gonna get every song we've heard. So don't get your hopes up. The new songs just might be better than these two.

OH GOD! I can't wait for it, if it's something like JoS it's going to be freaking great!

I always thought ¡Tre! is going to be my favorite :D

And btw,

how about preview from Angry Birds for Tre?

Troublemaker, and Lazy Bones have preview on Angry Birds..

and how about Tre???

I do think actually that judging from the sample that LBNT and Gabriella are the same song. The opening lyric sounds faintly like "Gabriella where the fuck you been, ---- when you were a boy named train". This fits in with the song's theme as well. If anyone can make out any other lyrics, if even possible, that'd hopefully help solve this mystery even more.

As for State of Shock, they did say there were 39 songs recorded total so maybe it was this song as well as Hello Firecracker that got the boot. Honestly If that's the case I won't miss it, it sounds a bit fillerish.

I do think actually that judging from the sample that LBNT and Gabriella are the same song. The opening lyric sounds faintly like "Gabriella where the fuck you been, ---- when you were a boy named train". This fits in with the song's theme as well. If anyone can make out any other lyrics, if even possible, that'd hopefully help solve this mystery even more.

As for State of Shock, they did say there were 39 songs recorded total so maybe it was this song as well as Hello Firecracker that got the boot. Honestly If that's the case I won't miss it, it sounds a bit fillerish.

Dude, check the interview that has the first two lines of LBNT.

Which interview? I don't remember seeing one that had this in it.

edit - it was the first interview from july in the archives here. The lyric in question isn't from the first two lines, so this song we've heard is almost certainly LBNT

To play devil'sdevil advocate maybe theybare the same songs but the lyrics got changed in between the secret gig and when they went to studio

I dunno ive heard none of the songs before the oh love single ive tried to listen to the secret gigs and they're just too horrible quality for me

Which interview? I don't remember seeing one that had this in it.

I don't remember. Try asking in the q&a thread. Sorry I can't help

i guess tre will be the most popish album they have ever done. uno holds that place now, but x-kid, the forgotten, 99 revolution let me fear the worst... drama queen is pure pop, too. but at least its a good song.

How are x-kid and 99 revs pop? And what is wrong with some pop tracks?

nothing wrong, but i don't like the pop side of green day, thats all. doesn't mean its musically bad, just not my cup of tee. and 99 revolutions is pure pop. the studio version is super slow, the guitars are thin.... poppunk would be if you would play this song fast and loud.

live its ok, heard it in mönchengladbach.

I've said this before, but I wish Dirty Rotten Bastards was a bit longer. Though I haven't heard it, judging by the length I think it will be more comparable to 21st Century Breakdown (the song) than JoS or Homecoming, though I do love that song too. Just not nearly as much.

But then... Green Day Version of the Quick One was about that length

I feel shitty that I already know 6 of those songs.

I mean, I was happy and I am not against listening early; but I wont be as surprised.

Arg, not enough patient for me.

Just going by what I've seen them called. I've seen uploads of it calling it LBNT and others calling it Gabriella, so I just put both names. What I have to go off of the Tiki bar show isn't much though. I do know(from setlist.fm) that they didn't play a song called State of Shock. There's also the fact that Gabriella appears to only be around 30 seconds long, hence the long pause 30 seconds in, and then Billie say "Alright one more time"

All I can say right now is I guess we'll find out what happened to State of Shock and "Gabriella" in the next 2-ish weeks when the album is likely to leak. If we hear a song that opens with State of Shock, or has "No one wants to die" shouted during the chorus, we'll know State of Shock made it. The only way I see "Gabriella" making it onto Tre! is if it's a section of DRB. That is if it is indeed only around 30+ seconds long.

The more I listen to it though I want to hear a studio recording of State of Shock. And Dreamcatcher.

I always thought the pause in that "Gabriella" clip was because the band had a false start. Either way, I guess we'll only know for sure about these tracks once Tre! gets released -- I'm excited!

And yeah, a studio version of Dreamcatcher would be cool. That and Olivia.

Oh man, I am excited. I love songs that are longer, nothing worse for me than short songs.

also which songs were performed that are now not on the trilogy? I know about Dreamcatcher and Olivia, are there any others tho?

Do you guys think DRB will have sub-tracks listed on the sleeve?

American Eulogy

I Mass Hysteria

II Modern World

no

no

Wow. Great discussion.

American Eulogy

I Mass Hysteria

II Modern World

I actually think this is an interesting question. It's not that important of course, but JOS, Homecoming and American Eulogy ALL had the parts listed. Which inclines me to think they will, unless they see it as one big movement (Like 21CB or similar to Led Zep's Stairway to Heaven and various other well known songs)

American Eulogy

I Mass Hysteria

II Modern World

I think so. If it's supposed to be like JoS, Homecoming (and American Eulogy for that matter). Also, Billie Joe compared DRB to the Abbey Road medley which have all songs (sub-tracks) listed.

I think so. If it's supposed to be like JoS, Homecoming (and American Eulogy for that matter). Also, Billie Joe compared DRB to the Abbey Road medley which have all songs (sub-tracks) listed.

If they were listed itd been listed with the tracklist posted...

Archived