¡Tré! track lengths revealed; "Dirty Rotten Bastards" nears 7 minutes

Crimpshrine

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wasn't the premiere of Stray Heart, SWtRLF, or Hybrid Moments

It's the Halloween show. That's where they played Hybrid Moments like 3 times. That's why the monsterbash is there.

It's the Halloween show. That's where they played Hybrid Moments like 3 times. That's why the monsterbash is there.

What??? Can you re-read what I wrote, and then what you wrote? Setlist.fm said it was the first time those songs were played. But it wasn't

Well, how long was the live version of State of Shock? It's favorited on my laptop, but I'm on my phone now. I love that song, so someone should be nice and rip it for me!

So it's been like two months and no one ripped those for you? Wow. Anyway here you go.

Little Boy Named Train(Gabriella)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8h4jb4c0cfjyqyx

State of Shock

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6s27c82fmh8lv0

Also I think the only wat State of Shock could be on Tre! is if it was worked into DRB.

Will there be a ton of ballads on Tre...? Cause i'm sorry...but I'm just not waaaay into the whole ballad thing. They can do whatever they want, im not saying to keep recreating Dookie a bajillion times, but does anybody know?

Will there be a ton of ballads on Tre...? Cause i'm sorry...but I'm just not waaaay into the whole ballad thing. They can do whatever they want, im not saying to keep recreating Dookie a bajillion times, but does anybody know?

At least Brutal Love, Drama Queen, and The Forgotten are confirmed to be ballads.

What??? Can you re-read what I wrote, and then what you wrote? Setlist.fm said it was the first time those songs were played. But it wasn't

Most of those songs are confirmed by reviews from people who attended the show, and the edits of the setlist are shown below, and they come from before the trilogy was announced, so how would they know about DRB if the title hadn't been thrown about by any articles yet?

I hope it's like a JoS and not just like, a super long instrumental (I apologize if that sounds kind of blasphemous :lol:)

State of Shock can't really be any of the songs, unless its part of DRB, since State of Shock is only around 2 and a half minutes long, and there aren't any songs that length besides 8th AS and Amanda. The only song it could be is Walk Away or Missing You, but both of those are over a minute longer, so unless they added a lot more to the songs, then it doesn't look like it'll be on iTre!.

So it's been like two months and no one ripped those for you? Wow. Anyway here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8h4jb4c0cfjyqyx

State of Shock

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6s27c82fmh8lv0

Also I think the only wat State of Shock could be on Tre! is if it was worked into DRB.

I know, right? I feel like a dick cause I've asked a million times. Thanks for ripping those! If neither if those are on Tre, we MUST get b-sides. Right? Nothing since Dookie has gone without b-sides

I've said this before, but I wish Dirty Rotten Bastards was a bit longer. Though I haven't heard it, judging by the length I think it will be more comparable to 21st Century Breakdown (the song) than JoS or Homecoming, though I do love that song too. Just not nearly as much.

Based on the track length of 6:26 you would think that (though I'd say more American Eulogy because that *does* have more distinctive sounding sections, and it'll be interesting to see if Mike or Tre or even JASON sings on DRB), however if you check out a song like Homecoming and skip to 6:26 where DRB will end, it's already on the "like a desperation murmur of a heartbeat" which is well towards the end of that song lyrically and sectionally, so you can obviously accomplish a LOT in that amount of time. However I agree, I'm greedy and wish it was 9 minutes again :lol:

No way in hell we're going to let another thread open to become 12 pages to "when we it leak?" within 8 hours

Lmao

It's neither of those because DRB and SD&V were both played live with their respective names, State of Shock, from the description in the iUno! trailer where the pages of songs were being flipped through, sounded really fast and short. DRB is 6 minutes so it can't be that, and SD&V is 3 and a half minutes, so it can't be that either.

The Forgotten and 8th Avenue Serenade are both much more mainstreamish and they weren't mentioned all that much in any articles.

To be fair they haven't played tre in full to press only selections

I wonder if that instrumental sample of the song that plays in the second half of the second converse video is going to be on Tre. It has a very unique sound especially in the way Tre drums, I hope it doesn't go to waste!

I wonder if that instrumental sample of the song that plays in the second half of the second converse video is going to be on Tre. It has a very unique sound especially in the way Tre drums, I hope it doesn't go to waste!

Yes

i guess tre will be the most popish album they have ever done. uno holds that place now, but x-kid, the forgotten, 99 revolution let me fear the worst... drama queen is pure pop, too. but at least its a good song.

EPPPPIIIIIIC! I can't wait! :D :D :D I love it when they do long songs!

http://www.mediafire...8h4jb4c0cfjyqyx

State of Shock

http://www.mediafire...x6s27c82fmh8lv0

Is the title of that first recording implying that Little Boy Named Train and Gabriella are the same song? Because, if I recall, arn't LBNT and Gabriella separate songs that were both played at the Tiki Bar show? It's obvious that the second song is "State of Shock" since you can hear Billie introduce it in the clip, but I was just wondering about the designation for that first recording. I'm not too bummed out about State of Shock seemingly not making it onto the trilogy...it sounds like a warmed-over Cigarettes & Valentines-era track.

I'm still wondering whatever happened to the song "Hello Firecracker," though...

Is the title of that first recording implying that Little Boy Named Train and Gabriella are the same song? Because, if I recall, arn't LBNT and Gabriella separate songs that were both played at the Tiki Bar show? It's obvious that the second song is "State of Shock" since you can hear Billie introduce it in the clip, but I was just wondering about the designation for that first recording. I'm not too bummed out about State of Shock seemingly not making it onto the trilogy...it sounds like a warmed-over Cigarettes & Valentines-era track.

I'm still wondering whatever happened to the song "Hello Firecracker," though...

Just going by what I've seen them called. I've seen uploads of it calling it LBNT and others calling it Gabriella, so I just put both names. What I have to go off of the Tiki bar show isn't much though. I do know(from setlist.fm) that they didn't play a song called State of Shock. There's also the fact that Gabriella appears to only be around 30 seconds long, hence the long pause 30 seconds in, and then Billie say "Alright one more time"

All I can say right now is I guess we'll find out what happened to State of Shock and "Gabriella" in the next 2-ish weeks when the album is likely to leak. If we hear a song that opens with State of Shock, or has "No one wants to die" shouted during the chorus, we'll know State of Shock made it. The only way I see "Gabriella" making it onto Tre! is if it's a section of DRB. That is if it is indeed only around 30+ seconds long.

The more I listen to it though I want to hear a studio recording of State of Shock. And Dreamcatcher.

Archived