Let's help Dai get a Green Day tattoo!

Dai.

...or not, but do you really want to be that lame?

Okay, here's the thing: I've decided to get Billie Joe tattooed on my thigh, but I'm having a really hard time finding a picture that is right and usable. I want something like this:

7189449910_3f15057937.jpg

But I need a larger picture, cause that one is too small to use, considering the tattoo is supposed to be twice as big. I am not quite comfortable starting a thread here asking for help, but I've already gone through all 50 pages of the Billie picture thread, the entire GDA vault, Tumblr, Google, and I've posted it in the requests thread here but no luck, so this seems to be my last resort. I need good quality and large pictures of him in that position.

I got Alex's permission to make this thread and I ask of the rest of the team to please leave this open for 2 or 3 days, I know it's not the right place for this request but I am really running out of options. And in my defense, it is Green Day-related :P

But seriously, please.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if my suggestion would work, but you could try maybe resizing the picture that you just posted above and see if it's still high quality like that. If it doesn't work then I don't know...

Watch bullet in a bible on your computer you can probably get a screenshot

The screenshots I could manage from my computer are not large enough. And also for some reason my computer does not take screenshots from videos I am playing (unless they are on a web page). When I past it onto photoshop or paint or whatever, it shows a black screen.

I don't know if my suggestion would work, but you could try maybe resizing the picture that you just posted above and see if it's still high quality like that. If it doesn't work then I don't know...

You can't enlarge a picture to twice its size and still have it be good enough quality for a tattoo. I am basically asking a few kind souls to look through their personal stash of pictures.

ask billie gently.

Idiots who aren't even funny - the one thing I haven't missed about GDC.

I'll go through my green day folder tonight and see if i can find something :)

Thank you!

ok. I found this:

but he's blond and has a funny facial expression :lol:

YHgUM.jpg

That is better than nothing, thank you :D I saved it.

I went through my entire picture faults, found a lot of these jumping pictures.. but unfortunately, none of them was big enough. =/ I'll have a look again later.

a full body image would be best. Images where his body is cutoff wouldn't look great being a tattoo.

I'll see what I can find :)

this is huge, something you can use?

90094523.jpg

Oh and here is some 1080P concert footage, there might be jumps in there. who knows

Edit: I like Sarcasm's picture the best (above me), but here are some suggestions (I hope they help!):

3692472749_c76e1a918b.jpg

billie-joe-armstrong-2009-7-27-23-10-41.jpg

jh33h1.jpg

orig-955051.jpg

Billie_Joe_by_toxicwastedump.jpg

pause, print screen, open paint, ctrl + v.

I'm a little more computer savvy than you might think.

this is huge, something you can use?

90094523.jpg

Oh and here is some 1080P concert footage, there might be jumps in there. who knows

Thanks, it's a good size! Not sure about the quality, but I'll save it and ask the guy if it works!

I'm a little more computer savvy than you might think.

Thanks, it's a good size! Not sure about the quality, but I'll save it and ask the guy if it works!

you said you couldn't take screenshots, so I assumed you meant the function in VLC. I figured someone could use the body in the picture I posted and the face from another. The BJ monster if you will.

The screenshots I could manage from my computer are not large enough. And also for some reason my computer does not take screenshots from videos I am playing (unless they are on a web page). When I past it onto photoshop or paint or whatever, it shows a black screen.

You can't enlarge a picture to twice its size and still have it be good enough quality for a tattoo. I am basically asking a few kind souls to look through their personal stash of pictures.

there's gonna be someone out there that has uploaded high quality screencaps to a photogallery, i'd imagine

there's gonna be someone out there that has uploaded high quality screencaps to a photogallery, i'd imagine

Thank you for an incredibly helpful post!

I found a few, but I don't think they would be big enough. =/ Would you still liek for me to post them?

I found a few, but I don't think they would be big enough. =/ Would you still liek for me to post them?

Yes, please.

...or not, but do you really want to be that lame?

Okay, here's the thing: I've decided to get Billie Joe tattooed on my thigh, but I'm having a really hard time finding a picture that is right and usable. I want something like this:

7189449910_3f15057937.jpg

But I need a larger picture, cause that one is too small to use, considering the tattoo is supposed to be twice as big. I am not quite comfortable starting a thread here asking for help, but I've already gone through all 50 pages of the Billie picture thread, the entire GDA vault, Tumblr, Google, and I've posted it in the requests thread here but no luck, so this seems to be my last resort. I need good quality and large pictures of him in that position.

I got Alex's permission to make this thread and I ask of the rest of the team to please leave this open for 2 or 3 days, I know it's not the right place for this request but I am really running out of options. And in my defense, it is Green Day-related :P

But seriously, please.

I have a Green Day tattoo its horseshoes and handgrenades kinda like Tres but not LOL. I also have the plane from the dookie cover. So im interested in this. Please show us when you finally get it!

Great idea for a tattoo. I suppose if you have looked through the GDA Picture Vault already, there's no need to post pics from there? I used to save them all on my external drive so a large amount of pictures I owe are from there. I shall have a look for pictures from different sources though.

Archived