Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ĦDos! chart performance

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

sampy

sampy
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2007
  • 498 rep

POPULAR

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Wow! That's really good. So that means Uno and Dos together have sold globally over 819,000 copies. We can expect the trilogy to reach 1 million sold albums by the end of the year. And as the record company considers them as an one album, I don't find the trilogy being a flop, at all!

Anja

Anja
  • We are what we believe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,322 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2007
  • 1,375 rep
Dos hit number 4 in its first week in Germany. I expected everything but that.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,008 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,520 rep
OMG look at 1D's sales! I was like :shok:
It makes me happy that ¡Dos! is #3 though :D

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,203 rep
Nice to see Dos at #3 worldwide. 1D is its own phenomenon, so its being #1 doesn't bother me... we KNOW they won't be around in five years. Taylor Swift, can't expect to beat her I suppose. Well done, GD.

It's also nice if you go to the archive on that website that shows the #1 albums of the year worldwide, American Idiot was it in 2005
http://www.mediatraf...e/previous2.htm

~ Walking Contradiction

~ Walking Contradiction
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  • Joined Dec 16, 2009
  • 3,855 rep
#19 this week =/ it was #4 last week

JardyOfSuburbia

JardyOfSuburbia
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2012
  • 170 rep
According to Billboard Dos is down to #75 this week. http://www.billboard...&order=position

And Uno fell to #189 http://www.billboard...&order=position

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep

According to Billboard Dos is down to #75 this week. http://www.billboard...&order=position

And Uno fell to #189 http://www.billboard...&order=position

Yeah, it was disconcerting to see that.

And hello, fellow Ohioan :)

JardyOfSuburbia

JardyOfSuburbia
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2012
  • 170 rep

Yeah, it was disconcerting to see that.

And hello, fellow Ohioan http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Hello! I am originally from Toledo! Where at in Toledo are you from?

Cori

Cori
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2011
  • 564 rep
Well, since about mid November Uno has been selling about 30,000 copies each week and had sold a total of 655,000 before it dropped off the charts the week Dos debuted, where the lowest selling album on that chart was 36,000. Assuming it's still selling about the same, Uno has likely sold over 700,000 copies by now world wide. Which means by the end of December Uno will probably have gone or almost be at platinum status. Not a flop by any means, it's just taken it awhile to get to that point.

In its first two weeks on world wide charts Dos has sold 226,000 copies. Which isn't too bad, really, considering the almost complete lack of promotion outside the people who are already fans and the amount of illegal downloading that goes on. The two albums combined have sold about 900,000 copies, which, if Warner is looking at it as one album, is really decent. Green Day has had an album in the top 40 for the world charts since the week Uno debut back in September. With Tre debuting next week, I think they'll continue to be in the charts for a while.

Nzap

Nzap
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2009
  • 93 rep

Well...

Where do you get these numbers from?

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,203 rep

Well, since about mid November Uno has been selling about 30,000 copies each week and had sold a total of 655,000 before it dropped off the charts the week Dos debuted, where the lowest selling album on that chart was 36,000. Assuming it's still selling about the same, Uno has likely sold over 700,000 copies by now world wide. Which means by the end of December Uno will probably have gone or almost be at platinum status. Not a flop by any means, it's just taken it awhile to get to that point.

In its first two weeks on world wide charts Dos has sold 226,000 copies. Which isn't too bad, really, considering the almost complete lack of promotion outside the people who are already fans and the amount of illegal downloading that goes on. The two albums combined have sold about 900,000 copies, which, if Warner is looking at it as one album, is really decent. Green Day has had an album in the top 40 for the world charts since the week Uno debut back in September. With Tre debuting next week, I think they'll continue to be in the charts for a while.

The only real competition Tre has from new releases next week, as far as I can tell, is Bruno Mars. Granted there are still other recent releases on fire (Alicia Keys, fire pun intended), but it's actually a decent week for it to open up. Shame there's been no promo, it could have done really well at this time.

And I agree, the trilogy is not a flop at all. It just isn't an EPIC success like you would hope for such an EPIC endeavor. But there's still the future.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,008 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,520 rep

This actually got my hopes back :lol: I still think that album sales will have a boost when Green Day are back and start promoting everything.

Cori

Cori
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2011
  • 564 rep

Where do you get these numbers from?

From the website that's quoted at the top of this page.

The only real competition Tre has from new releases next week, as far as I can tell, is Bruno Mars. Granted there are still other recent releases on fire (Alicia Keys, fire pun intended), but it's actually a decent week for it to open up. Shame there's been no promo, it could have done really well at this time.

And I agree, the trilogy is not a flop at all. It just isn't an EPIC success like you would hope for such an EPIC endeavor. But there's still the future.

Everything you just said. If there had been a bit more promotion there would be no doubt in my mind that Tre would debut at number 1 then.

This actually got my hopes back http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I still think that album sales will have a boost when Green Day are back and start promoting everything.

Glad I could help! :happy: I totally agree. When the band is back out there promoting the sales will receive a major boost, I'm sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users