¡Dos! chart performance

Requila

Damn, what annoys me the most is that Tre has the potential to be the biggest album of the three, yet it's seen next to no promotion at all so far. Warner needs to start promoting TRE! It's only two weeks away from release and it could be MASSIVE.

I doubt TRE will be "MASSIVE" like you say, not because I think the music is bad, but taking into account the sales for the other two albums in the trilogy it would be kind of weird if everyone started buying TRE like mad....and the whole downloading free music issue is relevant.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand people who love an artist but when he/she/they come up with a new album they just download it and forget about everything else. Okay, you are enjoying their music. They did their part. Isn't it time for you to do yours and buy the album?

The thing that excites me is, every time Green Day goes down, they come back up. Hard. So I think a couple years into the future we will get another Dookie/American Idiot type success.

The thing that excites me is, every time Green Day goes down, they come back up. Hard. So I think a couple years into the future we will get another Dookie/American Idiot type success.

I wouldn't consider this a down at all. I'd consider the trilogy to American Idiot was Nimrod was to Dookie. A whole load of amazing music which doesn't see as much commercial success, but is loved by the fans.

I wouldn't consider this a down at all. I'd consider the trilogy to American Idiot was Nimrod was to Dookie. A whole load of amazing music which doesn't see as much commercial success, but is loved by the fans.

OMG! Then Nimrod was followed by Warning, an underrated commercially unsuccessful awesome album! I hope we can skip that step this time!

Its the law of diminishing returns if you ask me.

The only upside is that when you total all three albums together you will have a decent number. It seems Green day has a very loyal core base of fans and this album isn't clicking with the casual fans as much as Uno.

Does anybody know why the records company allow the album to stream free a week before its released?

Seems like a dumb idea to me.

Its the law of diminishing returns if you ask me.

The only upside is that when you total all three albums together you will have a decent number. It seems Green day has a very loyal core base of fans and this album isn't clicking with the casual fans as much as Uno.

Does anybody know why the records company allow the album to stream free a week before its released?

They also gave away 2 downloads of Uno with their concert tickets sold for the now postponed tour which I found odd since your giving the album away free to the one group of people most likely to buy the damn thing.

As for Dos sales, no surprise - zero promotion and a single that isn't being played at all that I've heard of. This whole thing has been a mess single wise, the albums are too close together to be properly promoted and the single selections have been horrible. Oddly however the song I originally thought was a terrible choice for a single 'Oh Love' has been far and away the biggest hit from the trilogy so far.

Two reasons:

1) They knew it was probably going to leak by that point, so why not have an official one out there?

2)Believe it or not, album streaming actually does promote both awareness and sales. I found a link of the entire album on youtube before the official link went up, which I sent to some of my friends who like Green Day (but aren't fans in the sense that us lot are), and they loved it and went straight out to buy it....and they also sent the link to some of their friends, etc.

Damn, what annoys me the most is that Tre has the potential to be the biggest album of the three, yet it's seen next to no promotion at all so far. Warner needs to start promoting TRE! It's only two weeks away from release and it could be MASSIVE.

Completely agree with you. Based on what we know about Tre, and (although I expected it to be a little bigger) the Forgotten is on a high-profile soundtrack, I really think it has potential. However, given everything that's happened, especially with the "cut and run" strategy of changing the album release date, it seems like all parties involved are trying to cut their losses. I'm wondering if their thinking is something like this: If/when the U.S. tour is rescheduled (tbh I'm still doubtful they'll be able to get it in before the European dates, but that's just me being a pessimist), all of this drama surrounding the sales and Billie's treatment will have subsided, and they can move on by that point. Now it's just about getting the product out and having a que sera sera situation. It's a shame.

Promotion for ¡Uno!:

Let Yourself Go ( live video )

Oh Love ( music video )

Kill The DJ ( music video )

Nuclear Family ( music video )

Stay The Night ( music video )

Troublemaker ( music/promotional video )

Several live performances ( Good Morning America, VMA )

Several Gigs in Europe and US

Promotion for ¡Dos!

Stray Heart music video (not featuring the band)

Well, I think with all these ¡Dos did pretty well to be in Top 10 on Billboard :D

Promotion for ¡Uno!:

Let Yourself Go ( live video )

Oh Love ( music video )

Kill The DJ ( music video )

Nuclear Family ( music video )

Stay The Night ( music video )

Troublemaker ( music/promotional video )

Several live performances ( Good Morning America, VMA )

Several Gigs in Europe and US

Promotion for ¡Dos!

Stray Heart music video (not featuring the band)

Well, I think with all these ¡Dos did pretty well to be in Top 10 on Billboard :D

Here it dropped to #36.

Here in Spotify it was at #82 on Top 100 Albums -list after it's first week.

#3 globally? i'd say that's something to be proud of with such lack of promotion. Going up against 1D + Taylor Swift and all

Wow! That's really good. So that means Uno and Dos together have sold globally over 819,000 copies. We can expect the trilogy to reach 1 million sold albums by the end of the year. And as the record company considers them as an one album, I don't find the trilogy being a flop, at all!

Nice to see Dos at #3 worldwide. 1D is its own phenomenon, so its being #1 doesn't bother me... we KNOW they won't be around in five years. Taylor Swift, can't expect to beat her I suppose. Well done, GD.

It's also nice if you go to the archive on that website that shows the #1 albums of the year worldwide, American Idiot was it in 2005

http://www.mediatraf...e/previous2.htm

Yeah, it was disconcerting to see that.

And hello, fellow Ohioan :)

Hello! I am originally from Toledo! Where at in Toledo are you from?

Well, since about mid November Uno has been selling about 30,000 copies each week and had sold a total of 655,000 before it dropped off the charts the week Dos debuted, where the lowest selling album on that chart was 36,000. Assuming it's still selling about the same, Uno has likely sold over 700,000 copies by now world wide. Which means by the end of December Uno will probably have gone or almost be at platinum status. Not a flop by any means, it's just taken it awhile to get to that point.

In its first two weeks on world wide charts Dos has sold 226,000 copies. Which isn't too bad, really, considering the almost complete lack of promotion outside the people who are already fans and the amount of illegal downloading that goes on. The two albums combined have sold about 900,000 copies, which, if Warner is looking at it as one album, is really decent. Green Day has had an album in the top 40 for the world charts since the week Uno debut back in September. With Tre debuting next week, I think they'll continue to be in the charts for a while.

Archived