¡Dos! chart performance

Requila

#9 is bad in the US, especially considering it's probably not going to climb the charts at all without any kind of single. (Umm, why isn't Stray Heart on the fucking radio!? I really don't understand this.) But it's not bad in the sense that they just had another album out in September.

I hope the drop doesn't continue with Tre, and that the same people who bought Dos show up for the last album.

Actually, taking that ¡Tré! is more similar to AI and 21CB it should do well. Then, if we're lucky, people who buy ¡Tré! might notice ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! and both will climb. So maybe we can get all three in the top 40?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, taking that ¡Tré! is more similar to AI and 21CB it should do well. Then, if we're lucky, people who buy ¡Tré! might notice ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! and both will climb. So maybe we can get all three in the top 40?

The fact that Tre is like 21cb and AI doesn't guarantee its success and at the same time the fact that Uno and Dos aren't like AI and 21cb doesn't mean they won't success.

for Uno we had a single debuting at 1#. we had EMA performance. we had lots of festivals and TV appearances but what did we have for Dos? NOTHING

for Tre? NOTHING

I believe they should start making videos, putting singles out, TV appearances and different kinds of promotions for the albums as soon as they are back. we lost the first week chart performance but I think Dos has a lot of potential to climb the charts, as well as Tre.

I would say debuting at #9 is pretty fucking good for an album that had minimal promotion and no singles. Yeah, it's not their best debut to date, but in this day and age when Green Day are pretty irrelevant in the popular music scene, to make it in the top 10 is actually really good.

Well, I think the poor rankings obtained on charts must be related to these facts:

* Green Day is not playing live at this moment because of Billie's Rehab.

* The poor promotion for ¡DOS! (In contrast to ¡UNO!)

* Lots of singles in few months.

* The shitty sampler pop music nowadays

Just the fans are checking the news and listen to the albums. After Stray Heart, we didn't know anything about ¡DOS! second single, instead we had a kind of "single" from ¡TRÉ! (The forgotten). The promotion of this trilogy has become a mess. However, I don't care about this, what the hell? ¡UNO! and ¡DOS! are so good records!!

The fact that Tre is like 21cb and AI doesn't guarantee its success and at the same time the fact that Uno and Dos aren't like AI and 21cb doesn't mean they won't success.

for Uno we had a single debuting at 1#. we had EMA performance. we had lots of festivals and TV appearances but what did we have for Dos? NOTHING

for Tre? NOTHING

I believe they should start making videos, putting singles out, TV appearances and different kinds of promotions for the albums as soon as they are back. we lost the first week chart performance but I think Dos has a lot of potential to climb the charts, as well as Tre.

I agree. But AI and 21CB seem to have a bigger success in these times. To be honest, I think they should take ¡Tré!'s release date again to January (Or even February) and take their time to promote ¡Dos! correctly when Billie Joe is back. I don't find the move of changing the release date of ¡Tré! to December intelligent at all. That will only leave no good promotion in time for either ¡Dos! or ¡Tré!. Warner, I hate you.

I think the lower sales should have been expected given the situation. Even with promotion, selling three albums in one year is bound to result in declining sales between the records. We are huge fans, so for us it's great and we're willing to buy, but casual fans likely aren't as receptive to the idea. And then when you factor in the absence of direct promotion from the band due to Billie's rehab, a significant drop is inevitable. Tre's sales will probably be about the same, but we'll see.

Hopefully when Billie is in good health, they'll be able to promote all three records as one product somehow. And push a single properly and get their music heard.

Let' not Blame Billie's rehab for this.Common agree to it:WE ALL SAW THIS COMING.It's not like dos is a bad album,it was DECENT.They promoted Uno also pretty well.But it sold only 139,000 in first week.The thing is people dont want this kind of music.People these days like hip/hop and stuff.It is the time of hip hop. Few years back pop ruled the business.Rock also had it's time oncce.But nothing to feel bad about.TIME WILL COME AGAIN FOR AWESOME ROCK MUSIC

Let' not Blame Billie's rehab for this.Common agree to it:WE ALL SAW THIS COMING.It's not like dos is a bad album,it was DECENT.They promoted Uno also pretty well.But it sold only 139,000 in first week.The thing is people dont want this kind of music.People these days like hip/hop and stuff.It is the time of hip hop. Few years back pop ruled the business.Rock also had it's time oncce.But nothing to feel bad about.TIME WILL COME AGAIN FOR AWESOME ROCK MUSIC

I think pop still is winning though?

I don't think that's it considering the fact that Mumford & Sons had huge sales

For promotions to be successful ,you've got to hit at the right places

1) itunes

2) Youtube (I guess Vevo could help to get People aware of new Green Day songs )

3) Big Events/Award shows Etc

and many more . u people name some more places . This is all that i can think of right now

I don't buy that excuse... 139,000 is pretty damn good for a "declining" genre. To go from that to 65-70,000 is a drastic drop. I think it has very little to do with the fact that Dos is a "decent album" (in your opinion) and more that there was just very little demand for it. Promotion could have made more people aware. It obviously wouldn't have sold as much as Uno regardless, but a 50% drop is pretty insane.

I agree. But AI and 21CB seem to have a bigger success in these times. To be honest, I think they should take ¡Tré!'s release date again to January (Or even February) and take their time to promote ¡Dos! correctly when Billie Joe is back. I don't find the move of changing the release date of ¡Tré! to December intelligent at all. That will only leave no good promotion in time for either ¡Dos! or ¡Tré!. Warner, I hate you.

I agree with your idea about the release date of Tre

I like the idea of the band promoting the whole trilogy once is out, I mean, they could play a song in Letterman's Show, for example, and then someone who likes it may buy the single or the album where that song is.

And I think it's true that the sales have gona "kind of bad" (getting in to the top ten sounds pretty damn good to me) but this is mainly because there's no direct promotion by the band.

Sorry for my english, sometimes it sucks :P

If it's on top 10 then imagine where it would be with proper promotion from the band and the label! :runaround:

TIME WILL COME AGAIN FOR AWESOME ROCK MUSIC

I'd love that to happen, but I'm afraid it's not gonna be any time soon.

Remember 2004, when bands like Green Day or Good Charlotte ruled the world, Linkin Park actually had guitars... Mmm, good old days...

I don't think the sales actually have too much to do with promotion that's because the number of sales is not necessarily an indication of how well the album is liked especially first week sales which were UNOs best I don't imagine too many people came away from that feeling very good about the record I know I didnt so if I were a casual fan I couldn't see myself buying dos so I mean everybody Who bought UNO would know about dos because it's right there on the inside of the album so I think this has more to do with peoples dissatisfaction with uno than anything else because I haven't heard stray heart on the radio at all and dos hasn't really been promoted any other ways other than being called UNOs

I'd love that to happen, but I'm afraid it's not gonna be any time soon.

Remember 2004, when bands like Green Day or Good Charlotte ruled the world, Linkin Park actually had guitars... Mmm, good old days...

The fluctuation of genres is always going on. In the 80's everybody thought that rock was never going to come back, in the 90's people thought that alternative was never going to die. Things are always changing, and honestly I think it's time for everyone to stop complaining about there not being good rock music in the mainstream. We have the internet, it's so easy to find good bands that cater to different tastes; there is tons of good music out there if you know where to look. Turn the radio off.

ugh warner I blame you! I dont know what happened the promotion for AI was perfect and it just went downhill after that. It's like they don't care or the promo team are run by a bunch of old men who has no idea how to promote properly with itunes, social media etc. I mean they didn't even had a banner on itunes that's just lazy imo.

It doesn't matter to general audience if the music is good or not, over exposion is key and don't promote for fans that's what they've been doing and its stupid

I don't think we can keep comparing this set of albums to American Idiot promotion wise or otherwise. American Idiot is a classic. I actually can't think of a rock album in the 2000s that comes close with sales, acclaim AND cultural impact (there have been other albums that have had one or two, but NOT all three). The promotion for American Idiot really went on with what was going on in the world at that time. It had great promotion in part because it was relevant for a specific time period that went beyond the music world. Other outlets picked up on it and promoted it without the push of any label. American Idiot is a once-in-a-career type of event and most bands don't even get to experience that once.

Actually I think this is happening because the fame American Idiot gave Green Day is vanishing, so they get much less attention from the media. And Warner doesn't really help.

Archived