¡Dos! chart performance

Requila

I find the sales disappointing, it could've done so much better. Promotion does wonder to record sales, if you're in people's faces they will check you at at some point. I can't believe that their promotion team is letting every single opportunity they could use as promo slip. I am aware promoting right now is almost impossible, but as already pointed out, they could at least try to promote via social networks.

Perhaps once Billie is out of rehab they'll get to promote the records. Also tours are doing wonders for sales :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dos! actually entered the charts in the UK at #4, behind 1D, Rod Stewart and The Rolling Stones. Even though 21CB entered at #1, I don't think thats too bad of a result :D/>

Taken from this website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums

EDIT: It was at #4 on the 14th Nov, but #10 on the 18th. So very confusing to me. My bad.

When Billie is healthy again, they could do tons of positive promotion. Everyone will spin their first performance as a "comeback" of sorts. If they could somehow perform on the Grammys this year as their first performance after this ordeal, it wouldn't get any better than that.

Well, I think the poor rankings obtained on charts must be related to these facts:

* Green Day is not playing live at this moment because of Billie's Rehab.

* The poor promotion for ¡DOS! (In contrast to ¡UNO!)

* Lots of singles in few months.

* The shitty sampler pop music nowadays

Just the fans are checking the news and listen to the albums. After Stray Heart, we didn't know anything about ¡DOS! second single, instead we had a kind of "single" from ¡TRÉ! (The forgotten). The promotion of this trilogy has become a mess. However, I don't care about this, what the hell? ¡UNO! and ¡DOS! are so good records!!

I do wonder if there have been too many singles, confusing the hell out of people. It's tough, because if not, you're only releasing one song for an album and they're forgotten, but on the other hand, I think there may be too many singles for radio to keep up. LYG is old news to us, but I'm just now hearing it a lot. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, unfortunately.

I'd like to think that a huge hit could still come and they could still do promotion for a second or third single off an album (hell, while her new album is doing well, too, Ellie Goulding is still banking off Lights, which is old as shit. Train's Meet Virginia and Hey Soul Sister took years to hit it big). I hope.

Nimrod only got to number 10, I really want Green Day to keep up there streak of top 10 albums, as with platinum albums, but in 2012 with 3 albums not all of them will even go gold, especially with no promotion, but I'm happy with number 9

I don't buy that excuse... 139,000 is pretty damn good for a "declining" genre. To go from that to 65-70,000 is a drastic drop. I think it has very little to do with the fact that Dos is a "decent album" (in your opinion) and more that there was just very little demand for it. Promotion could have made more people aware. It obviously wouldn't have sold as much as Uno regardless, but a 50% drop is pretty insane.

It may be good for an Usher album, or Christina Aliguera, or any of those piece of shit artists who Like showing their dicks and boobs more than their talent, but here , my friend, it's green day.You atleast expect a 200,00 first week sales from them.21st century breakdown had 215,000, even after it did not release on walmart and that billboard tracking week was shortened by 3 days.American Idiot got 267,000, even that did not release in Walmart.This was there everywhere.

Dos is understandable, they practically did NO promotion for it.We have to watch out for tre

Dos! actually entered the charts in the UK at #4, behind 1D, Rod Stewart and The Rolling Stones. Even though 21CB entered at #1, I don't think thats too bad of a result :D/>

Taken from this website: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t/update/albums

EDIT: It was at #4 on the 14th Nov, but #10 on the 18th. So very confusing to me. My bad.

The original placing would be the mid-week chart - the actual charts are done on a Sunday night in the UK. No 10 is not that good, as Uno! got to No 2 . But if you look at the UK Rock Albums, Both Uno! and Dos! got to no 1 (and American Idiot is currently sitting at 23, with 302 consecutive weeks on the chart which is good, considering the length of time since its release) EDIT: Uno is currently no 6 in the UK Rock Album chart.

With regards to them not currently touring, I'm not sure if that would increase sales all that much, as all the fans that would go to see them live have pretty much bought the albums anyway.

Also I'm just wondering, anyone that knows about sales - will the Warner stores sales of the Deluxe box sets count towards each purchasers countries charts ??? As that is what I bought, and judging by the total mess that has been, I wouldn't be surprised if that has mucked up the sales figures somewhere!!!

Green Day should make American Idiot II next year. That'd be awesome and the charts would rave

lolno please not another political album

Green Day should make American Idiot II next year. That'd be awesome and the charts would rave

Doubt they'd do that.It's a very sell-outy, mainstreamy thing to do and theres no point because it wouldn't have the message American Idiot carried. We just need to accept that American Idiot was simply the right band, recording the right album at exactly the right time.

ugh warner I blame you! I dont know what happened the promotion for AI was perfect and it just went downhill after that. It's like they don't care or the promo team are run by a bunch of old men who has no idea how to promote properly with itunes, social media etc. I mean they didn't even had a banner on itunes that's just lazy imo.

It doesn't matter to general audience if the music is good or not, over exposion is key and don't promote for fans that's what they've been doing and its stupid

You cant just blame Warner. They promoted the shit out of UNO and Im assuming they planned something similar with DOS. But the situation changed with Billie therefore killing any promotion that was planned. Plus you have to just live with the fact that they are just not as popular as they were. People can keep comparing to AI but they wont have sales like that again. Why? AI came out at the exact right time. It was inspired by the political situation at the time and the worlds view in general of America. That has since changed dramatically since Ai was realeased. Plus as someone said pop punk was in a boom at around that time to bands like Fallout Boy, Panic! Good Charlote and others were beginning to become big. So there is no way Warner aare solely responsible for poor sales.

DOS debuted at number 9 in the Billboard this week, behind debuts os One Direction, Twilight, SoundGarden or Cristina Aguilera

Glad to see that Dos is doing quite well on the charts. :happy: Expect not here. Like I posted few days ago, it debuted at #18 in Finland. But I think #9 on Billboard is great!

#3 in the Austrian charts! :D

(Uno! debuted #1) and the Twilight soundtrack is #10 :happy:

1D is on #2 :(

#10 here in Sweden. But this country does barely know what good music means (or is it I who don't know what bad music means?)

Damn, what annoys me the most is that Tre has the potential to be the biggest album of the three, yet it's seen next to no promotion at all so far. Warner needs to start promoting TRE! It's only two weeks away from release and it could be MASSIVE.

#10 here in Sweden. But this country does barely know what good music means (or is it I who don't know what bad music means?)

I feel you bro.

#4 here in Germany! :banana: Uno debuted at 3, if I remember right.

My current post number 4,444 fits perfectly, doesn't it?

:P

I think it's not even in top 20 in Spain. Really, my country sucks so fucking hard!

Edit: Yeah, I checked the charts from 18th November and it's #16. But I still hate my country because music in Spanish reigns the charts :dry:

Let' not Blame Billie's rehab for this.Common agree to it:WE ALL SAW THIS COMING.It's not like dos is a bad album,it was DECENT.They promoted Uno also pretty well.But it sold only 139,000 in first week.The thing is people dont want this kind of music.People these days like hip/hop and stuff.It is the time of hip hop. Few years back pop ruled the business.Rock also had it's time oncce.But nothing to feel bad about.TIME WILL COME AGAIN FOR AWESOME ROCK MUSIC

false.jpg

(or at least that's not entirely true)

Billy Talent's Dead Silence got number one in Germany.

It's also because Green Day's currently just not as big as 'back in the days'.

God dammit... I feel kinda sad that it doesn't sale that well... This trilogy deserves so much more!

You cant just blame Warner. They promoted the shit out of UNO and Im assuming they planned something similar with DOS. But the situation changed with Billie therefore killing any promotion that was planned. Plus you have to just live with the fact that they are just not as popular as they were. People can keep comparing to AI but they wont have sales like that again. Why? AI came out at the exact right time. It was inspired by the political situation at the time and the worlds view in general of America. That has since changed dramatically since Ai was realeased. Plus as someone said pop punk was in a boom at around that time to bands like Fallout Boy, Panic! Good Charlote and others were beginning to become big. So there is no way Warner aare solely responsible for poor sales.

Actually, Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco didn't hit it big until 2005 and 2006, respectively. 2004, in general, was seen as a comeback year for rock music. But it is seen that way *because* of albums like American Idiot hitting it big and ushering in that demand for other, similar artists. I remember this very clearly since part of the reason I latched onto Green Day in the first place was that I was so freakin' bored with the music that had been on the radio in '03-'04, so I went investigating bands I remembered from my childhood. And then it was like "oh hey, they're coming out with a new album? :woot: " And said album rocked my socks.

Everything else you said rings true, though.

Archived