¡Dos! chart performance

Requila

Well, since about mid November Uno has been selling about 30,000 copies each week and had sold a total of 655,000 before it dropped off the charts the week Dos debuted, where the lowest selling album on that chart was 36,000. Assuming it's still selling about the same, Uno has likely sold over 700,000 copies by now world wide. Which means by the end of December Uno will probably have gone or almost be at platinum status. Not a flop by any means, it's just taken it awhile to get to that point.

In its first two weeks on world wide charts Dos has sold 226,000 copies. Which isn't too bad, really, considering the almost complete lack of promotion outside the people who are already fans and the amount of illegal downloading that goes on. The two albums combined have sold about 900,000 copies, which, if Warner is looking at it as one album, is really decent. Green Day has had an album in the top 40 for the world charts since the week Uno debut back in September. With Tre debuting next week, I think they'll continue to be in the charts for a while.

The only real competition Tre has from new releases next week, as far as I can tell, is Bruno Mars. Granted there are still other recent releases on fire (Alicia Keys, fire pun intended), but it's actually a decent week for it to open up. Shame there's been no promo, it could have done really well at this time.

And I agree, the trilogy is not a flop at all. It just isn't an EPIC success like you would hope for such an EPIC endeavor. But there's still the future.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since about mid November Uno has been selling about 30,000 copies each week and had sold a total of 655,000 before it dropped off the charts the week Dos debuted, where the lowest selling album on that chart was 36,000. Assuming it's still selling about the same, Uno has likely sold over 700,000 copies by now world wide. Which means by the end of December Uno will probably have gone or almost be at platinum status. Not a flop by any means, it's just taken it awhile to get to that point.

In its first two weeks on world wide charts Dos has sold 226,000 copies. Which isn't too bad, really, considering the almost complete lack of promotion outside the people who are already fans and the amount of illegal downloading that goes on. The two albums combined have sold about 900,000 copies, which, if Warner is looking at it as one album, is really decent. Green Day has had an album in the top 40 for the world charts since the week Uno debut back in September. With Tre debuting next week, I think they'll continue to be in the charts for a while.

This actually got my hopes back :lol: I still think that album sales will have a boost when Green Day are back and start promoting everything.

Where do you get these numbers from?

From the website that's quoted at the top of this page.

The only real competition Tre has from new releases next week, as far as I can tell, is Bruno Mars. Granted there are still other recent releases on fire (Alicia Keys, fire pun intended), but it's actually a decent week for it to open up. Shame there's been no promo, it could have done really well at this time.

And I agree, the trilogy is not a flop at all. It just isn't an EPIC success like you would hope for such an EPIC endeavor. But there's still the future.

Everything you just said. If there had been a bit more promotion there would be no doubt in my mind that Tre would debut at number 1 then.

This actually got my hopes back :lol: I still think that album sales will have a boost when Green Day are back and start promoting everything.

Glad I could help! :happy: I totally agree. When the band is back out there promoting the sales will receive a major boost, I'm sure.

Archived