Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Poll: Favorite Song From DOS

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Favorite song from DOS (476 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite song on DOS

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,901 rep
Ooooh this is hard! I love them all so much it's really difficult to pick. Tossup between Wild One, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes, and Ashley.
  • Ashleycase likes this

East Hayzus Nowhere

East Hayzus Nowhere
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined Sep 26, 2009
  • 13 rep
Stray Heart
Lazy Bones
Lady Cobra
Amy
Fuck Time

This album was pretty meh for me. Uno to me seems like a classic.

Slappypunk

Slappypunk
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 11 rep
Fuck Time! That's just a party anthem right there! :toocool:

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,912 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 1,066 rep
I have so many favorites! I can't decide! :runaround:

DaVin Kim

DaVin Kim
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2012
  • 17 rep
I didn't even hesitate. Wow! That's Loud it is
  • Awesompawsome likes this

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,997 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,295 rep
I can never really tell why I just instantly love certain songs, while other songs are kinda "meh" at first. I can tell you that I instantly loved Lazy Bones. Why? Everything. After the first few seconds I got chills (if that's even how you say it, goosebumps or whatever), like, wow what is this song. It's the combination of the guitar, bass, drums, lyrics and just the way Billie sings this that gives me that feeling. After singing along to it while reading the lyrics in the CD book, I realized why this song gets to me. There's something about it that makes me think about myself, about certain times I went through. I won't get into details, but those times are not fun. More like rock bottom or something. And yeah I just love how Billie sings certain lines, like "I can't take it anymore", "I don't want your sympathy, I don't want your honesty", and "I don't want to scream about it, I don't want to hear it anymore". Emotion right there. And this sounds weird but you can kind of hear the emotion through the music/instruments.

Besides all this, another one which I instantly loved, was.. and I have to say it like this.. Wow That's Loud. The first time I listened to the record I didn't look at the tracklist and my first thought I had when this song started was Wow, that's great. :lol: Makes me want to dance.
  • LetterBomb92 and Ashleycase like this

jenni

jenni
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,373 posts
  • Joined May 07, 2009
  • 2,387 rep
Lazy Bones. I love the vibe of it (if that makes sense). And I am also particularly fond of the opening sentence

CemeteryDrive

CemeteryDrive
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined Mar 25, 2006
  • 45 rep
Got to go with Lazy Bones. Everything about it. But Lady Cobra and Stop When the Red Lights Flash are up there. And Fuck Time...
  • LetterBomb92 likes this

roastbeef

roastbeef
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2011
  • 1 rep
Ashley, obviously. Baffled by the love for Lazy Bones, sounds like a regurgitated b-side. Most of the songs on this album do actually. Nightlife's great too though.

1039Mike

1039Mike
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Joined Jun 25, 2010
  • 89 rep
I absolutely love "wild one". Lazy Bones to me is a meh song.

Kerplunk!!!

Kerplunk!!!
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2005
  • 82 rep
Amy for me followed by Wild one, While Good Riddance will always be their classic acoustic track they've really hit the mark with others in their catologue like Macys Day Parade and the more punky Words i might have Ate and i think Amy fits in with this great group of songs.. even if it is played on a clean setting electric guitar haha!

edit: didn't really say much about the song so i'll just add how moving the lyrics are even to someone like me who didn't like Amy and they are wonderfully delivered with great emotion!

gmcloughlin

gmcloughlin
  • Stand Up & Fight

• 3,257 posts
  • Joined Oct 29, 2008
  • 248 rep
Lazy Bones hands down.
The lyrics are amazing and Mike's backing vocals give me chills doin my spine every time :wud:

San Miguel

San Miguel
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2011
  • 376 rep
I maintain that Amy is my favourite but having listened to Dos 23489t573489576720 times I think Lazy Bones is a close second.

It's funny because I kind of think sometimes that it is out of place - if the album is a party this song fits in less well than the other songs - but actually I see it as the moment of quiet you sometimes get on a night-out or at a party. In your druken state you take a few minutes of self-reflection. I can really relate to it.

Virtue

Virtue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2012
  • 92 rep
I love Lazy Bones,but the Song "Ashley" grew on me.

At first I was listening to Stray Heart and when it ended..The song came in and punched me right in the face.

I would've chosen Lazy Bones but Ashley takes it for my opinion.

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 507 rep
i think stray heart would be number one if nobody would have heard it before the album release. everyone played it dead. if lazy bondes would have been first single it would actually look the other way around i guess.
but for me ashley will always be the number one. its just one of those songs you cant get tired off. its catchy, but doesn't have such a simple melody like lazy bones or stray heart.
so it won't get annoying.

Advertising

iheely

iheely
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined May 06, 2009
  • 4 rep
Lazy Bones for sure. Has the most depth. I also love the cutoff towards the end. then it starts right back up with a bang..

drrrnn

drrrnn
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined Feb 21, 2008
  • 21 rep
"Stray Heart" is probably the best song, "Lazy Bones" is one of my favorites of all time, but not necessarily and great song, but with that being said, I haven't repeated a song over again like "Baby Eyes" is a while. So that's my gut.

Awesompawsome

Awesompawsome
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 98 rep

This was easy since Dos is just an awful album. There are like 3 good songs on it and picking your favorite out of 3 is way easier than picking one out of 13. So yeah, Lazy Bones it is.

Why don't you like it, it's in my top 3 albums right now, just curious not trying to bash you or anything

I didn't even hesitate. Wow! That's Loud it is

All the way

GreenCard Yellow Day

GreenCard Yellow Day
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 101 rep
Had to vote for WOW! I'm surprised Wild One is beating it and F**k TIme. It seemed like a lot of you were disappointed with it.
  • Awesompawsome likes this

Awesompawsome

Awesompawsome
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined Sep 10, 2012
  • 98 rep
That recurring solo and amazingness makes Wow, That's Loud the obvious choice (so hard to choose 1 why not 13)
  • GreenCard Yellow Day likes this

ltrbmb17

ltrbmb17
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Joined Oct 19, 2010
  • 241 rep
Musically it's definitely Baby Eyes. Sometimes it reminds me Letterbomb, and the final "was born tooooooo..... KILL" sounds like "tales from another broken... home" of JOS.
Lyrically it's Wild One :wub:
Lazy Bones is absolutely perfect!
  • LetterBomb92 and Ashleycase like this

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• 13,865 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,882 rep

Why don't you like it, it's in my top 3 albums right now, just curious not trying to bash you or anything

That's a fair question to ask. There are a couple of reasons.

1. Lots of songs sound really similar (Ashley, Wow! That's Loud, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Makeout Party, Wild One)
2. Most of the songs I already mentioned, plus a few more don't have the quality to be on an album, in my opinion. They sound like b-sides, and not even good ones in some cases.
3. Due to the fact that I dislike so many songs, there are just a very few that I do like (Fuck Time, Lazy Bones and Stray Heart). Now, three songs out of 13 isn't very much. =/

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep
Lazy Bones. Lyrics. That is all.

Honorable mention: Baby Eyes 'cause it rocks so fucking hard
  • LetterBomb92 likes this

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,132 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,560 rep
I know I'm late to the party, but I listened to ¡Dos! just on Friday :lol: I'll vote for Wow! That's Loud, although Nightlife, Makeout Party and Amy come close :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users