Poll: Favorite Song From DOS

BradGreenDay

Poll: Favorite song from DOS  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love See You Tonight.... it is a short and sweet song with a nice acoustic feel to it

I think Stray Heart is easily the catchiest song on the album. It's a shame they're not promoting it more heavily on radio, informationTunes, etc. This song has huge hit potential, and I'm afraid it's just not going to get the push that it needs and deserves.

Baby Eyes

A song that actually takes the band forward, showcasing Billie's lyrical talent.

"I am the motor in your crashing car" CLASSIC Billie. Song is amazing.

Wild One, for sure. :wub: Hermione summed up why pretty well. Within the first ten seconds, I knew this was going to be a favorite of mine. Not just from Dos, but of any Green Day song. There's something about Billie's voice in this song that makes it inevitable to give another listen. In addition, the song is kind of slow and laid back compared to some of the others on this album. Those two factors together make it an automatic winner.

Fuck Time got my vote as it hasn't tired me out, though I've been listening since 2010, and that's a winning factor!

It's also just because the combination of 'See You Tonight' -> 'Fuck Time' starts off the album so perfectly.

Why has no one else voted for Stray Heart so far? Is it too mainstream to love it?

Yes, is a way you could say.

Had I not listened to one single song before I listened to the full album, Stray Heart could've possibly gotten my vote.

But I have been listening to it regularly since the live recordings first went on youtube, hence why I find it a little dull.

But back then, man was I excited about it!

I honestly can't choose yet. It's either Wild One, Makeout Party or Wow! That's Loud, but only time will tell which one will stick.

I think I'll go for Wild One for now.

Lazy Bones!:)

When Billie hits the chorous and the oh's start...I just melt! I freaking love it!!!

And I just really love the lyrics, and the way it sounds, and well just everything! This is definitely in my top 5 fav. Green Day songs (currently) I am always switching them around:p

And I kid you not every time it comes on shuffle, I repeat the song once or twice again >.<

Realised today that it touches me more than I first noticed. I cannot sing it out loud in the car without chocking up at some point, which today made me feel a bit stupid. It reminds me of a really awful time in my life, earlier this year. Without going into detail, the desperate apathy (it makes sense I promise! He is desperate for change but his current situation is forcing him into the dreaded apathy) resonates with memories I've tried so hard to surpress, that it's taken me this long to realise that they're what this song reminds me of. It hits me hard. Best song of the trilogy so far.

Love this! I had a similar situation...Lazy Bones was also my vote. It kinda has an old school Green Day feel to it and I love it. Fuck Time and Wild One were close, though. I had Wild One stuck in my head all day yesterday.. After a few listens, I'm really starting to get attached to this album!

I went with Lazy Bones on impulse, though it just as easily could have been Wild One. Such a great back-to-back duo. :wub: Lazy Bones is appealing because it's desperation in sonic form. That neurotic guitar seizes you right from the start, while the lyrics take listeners through the mind of someone who's obviously having a horrible time. It's very personal and, to steal Mike's adjective, voyeuristic.

This was easy since Dos is just an awful album. There are like 3 good songs on it and picking your favorite out of 3 is way easier than picking one out of 13. So yeah, Lazy Bones it is.

Agreed.

I voted for Ashley, the song has a lot of energy and I like that.

definitely Lazy Bones :D #fact

From when is GDC Twitter? :whistle

My favorite song from Dos is Ashley. I love its speed, its pace, its lyrics, everything to be honest. It's one of my favorite Green Day songs ever.

this is too hard, too soon! I'm still not sure why people dont care for stop when the red lights flash. That groove is amazing.

It might be too early for me to make this decision. I love this album. Every song continues to grow on me. My favorite have been Makeout Party, Stray Heart, and Wow! That's Loud but I really love almost every song.

I think I have to go with Makout Party. That song just rocks so fucking hard and BJ, Mike and Tre all show off some awesomeness between the drum syncopation, the awesome bass runs, and the mind-blowing guitar solo. Its just so retro I love it!

Fuck Time is my favourite, I love how you can still hear the groans even though it's a studio version.

After that, I do love Wow!That's Loud, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes... Heck I love them all. If it wasn't for Fuck Time I doubt I'd be able to decide.

I like Lazy Bones, Wow! thats loud, and Lady Cobra the best. Makeout party, and Ashley are pretty good too. Lady Cobra got my vote though, because thats the one that got stuck in my head first.

I chose Makeout Party because musically I think it's the best song on the album. Billie Joe's got great lyrics, his sneer is powerful and full of attitude, Mike Dirnt's bass is a mighty animal crushing in your ears, the guitar work is fantastic, and Tre's offbeat drumming in the verses is incredible. Great song, although I love them all.

I chose Lazy Bones because I love the story it tells... But Fuck Time (for the sheer fun-ness of the song) and Nightlife are close seconds :)

I love Wild One, Stray Heart, and SWTRLF the most, but Wild One resonates with me the most...... so Wild One :happy:

Archived