Poll: Favorite Song From DOS

BradGreenDay

Poll: Favorite song from DOS  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lazy Bones. I love the vibe of it (if that makes sense). And I am also particularly fond of the opening sentence

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to go with Lazy Bones. Everything about it. But Lady Cobra and Stop When the Red Lights Flash are up there. And Fuck Time...

Ashley, obviously. Baffled by the love for Lazy Bones, sounds like a regurgitated b-side. Most of the songs on this album do actually. Nightlife's great too though.

Amy for me followed by Wild one, While Good Riddance will always be their classic acoustic track they've really hit the mark with others in their catologue like Macys Day Parade and the more punky Words i might have Ate and i think Amy fits in with this great group of songs.. even if it is played on a clean setting electric guitar haha!

edit: didn't really say much about the song so i'll just add how moving the lyrics are even to someone like me who didn't like Amy and they are wonderfully delivered with great emotion!

Lazy Bones hands down.

The lyrics are amazing and Mike's backing vocals give me chills doin my spine every time :wud:

I maintain that Amy is my favourite but having listened to Dos 23489t573489576720 times I think Lazy Bones is a close second.

It's funny because I kind of think sometimes that it is out of place - if the album is a party this song fits in less well than the other songs - but actually I see it as the moment of quiet you sometimes get on a night-out or at a party. In your druken state you take a few minutes of self-reflection. I can really relate to it.

I love Lazy Bones,but the Song "Ashley" grew on me.

At first I was listening to Stray Heart and when it ended..The song came in and punched me right in the face.

I would've chosen Lazy Bones but Ashley takes it for my opinion.

i think stray heart would be number one if nobody would have heard it before the album release. everyone played it dead. if lazy bondes would have been first single it would actually look the other way around i guess.

but for me ashley will always be the number one. its just one of those songs you cant get tired off. its catchy, but doesn't have such a simple melody like lazy bones or stray heart.

so it won't get annoying.

"Stray Heart" is probably the best song, "Lazy Bones" is one of my favorites of all time, but not necessarily and great song, but with that being said, I haven't repeated a song over again like "Baby Eyes" is a while. So that's my gut.

This was easy since Dos is just an awful album. There are like 3 good songs on it and picking your favorite out of 3 is way easier than picking one out of 13. So yeah, Lazy Bones it is.

Why don't you like it, it's in my top 3 albums right now, just curious not trying to bash you or anything

I didn't even hesitate. Wow! That's Loud it is

All the way

Had to vote for WOW! I'm surprised Wild One is beating it and F**k TIme. It seemed like a lot of you were disappointed with it.

That recurring solo and amazingness makes Wow, That's Loud the obvious choice (so hard to choose 1 why not 13)

Musically it's definitely Baby Eyes. Sometimes it reminds me Letterbomb, and the final "was born tooooooo..... KILL" sounds like "tales from another broken... home" of JOS.

Lyrically it's Wild One :wub:

Lazy Bones is absolutely perfect!

Why don't you like it, it's in my top 3 albums right now, just curious not trying to bash you or anything

That's a fair question to ask. There are a couple of reasons.

1. Lots of songs sound really similar (Ashley, Wow! That's Loud, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Makeout Party, Wild One)

2. Most of the songs I already mentioned, plus a few more don't have the quality to be on an album, in my opinion. They sound like b-sides, and not even good ones in some cases.

3. Due to the fact that I dislike so many songs, there are just a very few that I do like (Fuck Time, Lazy Bones and Stray Heart). Now, three songs out of 13 isn't very much. =/

I know I'm late to the party, but I listened to ¡Dos! just on Friday :lol: I'll vote for Wow! That's Loud, although Nightlife, Makeout Party and Amy come close :)

Archived