Poll: Favorite Song From DOS

BradGreenDay

Poll: Favorite song from DOS  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hard time choosing between Lazy Bones and Stray Heart, love them both almost equally but in the end I went with Lazy Bones. This album has a lot of great songs though. :happy:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to vote for Ashley...great lyrics ("You're no f***ing saint.", "We used to call it speed, but now it's crystal meth.", etc.)...great tune...etc.

That being said, however, I must say that Wild One came in second and Stop When the Red Lights Flash came in third.

Stray Heart right now. Granted, I haven't listened to the album nearly enough since I've been busy with shit (I've now got this thing where I'm forever gonna associate the album, try as I might to forget, with my grandma's death the day of its release, so I'm probably gonna forever have a bias against it, sadly), but I think it sounds different but familiar, and I think the video actually made me like it more. It took me listening to the Rolling Stone preview of the album until I realized, holy shit, that song's amazing.

Still not getting the Lazy Bones thing. I like it but it's one of my three least favourite on the album along with Ashley and Baby Eyes, there's loads more interesting and exciting songs on there. I think it's the most conventionally Green Day sounding song on Dos, whereas it's the really different/unusual/sexy/60s songs that make me love the album.

Can't believe SWTRLF is doing so badly! In the long run it probably won't be my favourite, but currently the St-Jimmy-esque energy of it is fucking awesome. Definitely one to get the crowd going....

I don't know if I'm slightly biased because I heard it the first time live in a sweaty crowd (perfect place for it) so listening to it brings back memories of the show, but I absolutely love it :wub:. The music and lyrics both sound so dirty! If I hadn't voted for Wild One there's a good chance I would've voted for it.

I had originally gone with Stop! but I'm 99% sure it's W!TL now. The lyrics aren't outstanding, but the whole sound just drives me crazy. The guitar solo alone makes me weep, and the whole breakdown of first verse repeated right afterwards (especially the 'shake it like it's so enlightening' bit) sounds so...seductive to me. It really is just wonderful.

I think we should also do a poll for least favorite song, as then we can see whether a song is legitimately popular or just loved by some, hated by some :-)

There's no point. Obviously it would be a no-contest with Nightlife (and I'm not just saying that based on personal taste).

There's no point. Obviously it would be a no-contest with Nightlife (and I'm not just saying that based on personal taste).

hehe... I would choose Stray Heart...

Still not getting the Lazy Bones thing. I like it but it's one of my three least favourite on the album along with Ashley and Baby Eyes, there's loads more interesting and exciting songs on there.

This is why I love to be here and see that Green Day's music appeals to completely different kinds of tastes.

We can't be much different as those three are my favorites (along with MP).

They are all really good!!! but if i have to cut it down i have to favorites

-Lazy Bones and Baby eyes

In nightlife, its kindof a different sound, and i really like it!! Lady Cobra rapping is also something new and I also like that, it sounds cool.

This album is like a drug, you just can't get over it!! I LOVE IT!!!!! :wub:

Still not getting the Lazy Bones thing. I like it but it's one of my three least favourite on the album along with Ashley and Baby Eyes, there's loads more interesting and exciting songs on there. I think it's the most conventionally Green Day sounding song on Dos, whereas it's the really different/unusual/sexy/60s songs that make me love the album.

I think you answered your own point, actually. The people on here are fans of the entire Green Day catalogue so to me it makes perfect sense for people to prefer 'the most conventionally Green Day sounding song' because that's why were fans of them, for that kind of music. That being said, there are alot of people (including myself in that number) who are really digging the new sounding songs like Makeout Part and Wow! Thats Loud.

Definetly Ashley!! It's powerfull, meanfull and it has that old Dookie/Insomniac sound that I was missing :') And Wow! That's Loud, Wild One and Baby Eyes are awesome too ;)

I think you answered your own point, actually. The people on here are fans of the entire Green Day catalogue so to me it makes perfect sense for people to prefer 'the most conventionally Green Day sounding song' because that's why were fans of them, for that kind of music. That being said, there are alot of people (including myself in that number) who are really digging the new sounding songs like Makeout Part and Wow! Thats Loud.

That does make sense. I like more "conventionally Green Day" sounding songs too but usually on an album it's the songs that sound "like the album", or to put it another way songs that are the most extreme examples of what makes the particular album different to their other albums, that I like the most. If that makes any sense :lol:. But yeah I do see the logic of the other way too, even if it means the results of favourite song polls always annoy me :P

Although to be fair the wonderful Wild One and Wow! That's Loud are doing very well I'm pleased to see, so it's not all bad.

I don't know if it's my favorite off the album, but I've definitely played Fuck Time far more than any other song from ¡Dos! so I chose that. Behind that would probably have to be Makeout Party, Stop When The Redlights Flash, Lazy Bones, and Nightlife.

Okay, I finally voted. I chose Wow! That's Loud - I am ADDICTED to that song!!! Seriously, I wake up in the morning and I want to hear it. I'm in class and I want to hear it. I'm about to go to bed, but I have to hear that song first. It' definitely my most played song on Dos so far. I love everything about it. That guitar is so psychedelic and mesmerizing and sexy. The tune of the verses sounds like it should be a love song - something about the melody feels like love, but in this exotic amazing way. The song is fun but interesting and different from anything else Green Day's done. It also reminds me of something a lot, but I still can't figure out what. Wow! That's Loud feels familiar and yet foreign at the same time, somehow. The lyrics are really beautiful too - I love the sensory/fun/wild-ness of them. Blinding suns, technicolor eyes, radioactivity - it's all exciting and colorful. And yet there's a tinge of something else too - the line "your bouquet of flowers in the dirt" seems really sad, like a failed love. But then it's back to enlightening and delightful descriptions.

Yeah, I really love Wow! That's Loud. :wub:

But honestly, I actually really like every song on Dos. That rarely happens on any album, but Dos did it.

Aw... Oh baby baby it's FUCK TAIM! Why? Well the lyrics help. And then there's that - what do they call it? That riff sounds like that 12-bar-blues i started off playing the bass with. And then the giggles and sighs are just the cherries on top. Mmm. Cherries.

SWTRLF was a close second for me. Along with Wow. Awesome opening riff.

And why is Lazy Bones winning by THAT MUCH? Seriously? Not a bad song but why so popular?

Yeah, definitely Lazy Bones because of it's catchy nature, and it's just a unique song in general.

It is also a very noticeable song, and is one to remember.

And why is Lazy Bones winning by THAT MUCH? Seriously? Not a bad song but why so popular?

I think Lazy Bones is very popular since alot of people can relate to it. I can too, alot, but it's not my favorite at the moment.

Wild One, Makeout Party and Stop When The Red Lights Flash are my favorites right now.

Ooooh this is hard! I love them all so much it's really difficult to pick. Tossup between Wild One, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes, and Ashley.

Stray Heart

Lazy Bones

Lady Cobra

Amy

Fuck Time

This album was pretty meh for me. Uno to me seems like a classic.

I can never really tell why I just instantly love certain songs, while other songs are kinda "meh" at first. I can tell you that I instantly loved Lazy Bones. Why? Everything. After the first few seconds I got chills (if that's even how you say it, goosebumps or whatever), like, wow what is this song. It's the combination of the guitar, bass, drums, lyrics and just the way Billie sings this that gives me that feeling. After singing along to it while reading the lyrics in the CD book, I realized why this song gets to me. There's something about it that makes me think about myself, about certain times I went through. I won't get into details, but those times are not fun. More like rock bottom or something. And yeah I just love how Billie sings certain lines, like "I can't take it anymore", "I don't want your sympathy, I don't want your honesty", and "I don't want to scream about it, I don't want to hear it anymore". Emotion right there. And this sounds weird but you can kind of hear the emotion through the music/instruments.

Besides all this, another one which I instantly loved, was.. and I have to say it like this.. Wow That's Loud. The first time I listened to the record I didn't look at the tracklist and my first thought I had when this song started was Wow, that's great. :lol: Makes me want to dance.

Archived