So what will be the first Tre single?

tkdkid717

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just talking about singles in general.

ah kay :D (i thought since this threads topic is tré's first leading single..it was kinda misleading) :D (:

99 Revolutions is a great song, with a sound similar to old Green Day but with a letter in the style of American Idiot.

The Forgotten is on Tre?! That's great news for me since I was worried I was gonna have to see the repulsive faces of the Twilight cast in the video to hear the song hehe

Just throwing it out there...The forgotten isn't actually available to purchase separately from the album so is it really that unrealistic that it could be released again only this time with Green Day artwork and as an actual single rather than album-only crap? Especially after what happened with the release of Stray Heart being fucked up and released twice.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want it re-released as a single, I'd rather have something we haven't heard yet. I just don't think it's as far-fetched as people are making out.

To answer the original question, I've heard snippets of 3 other songs (99 revolutions, X-Kid and Drama Queen) and think they're all amazing so I'm sure anything released from Tre will be fucking awesome :D I think I'd go with 99 Revolutions though as lead single.

Just throwing it out there...The forgotten isn't actually available to purchase separately from the album so is it really that unrealistic that it could be released again only this time with Green Day artwork and as an actual single rather than album-only crap? Especially after what happened with the release of Stray Heart being fucked up and released twice.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want it re-released as a single, I'd rather have something we haven't heard yet. I just don't think it's as far-fetched as people are making out.

To answer the original question, I've heard snippets of 3 other songs (99 revolutions, X-Kid and Drama Queen) and think they're all amazing so I'm sure anything released from Tre will be fucking awesome :D/> I think I'd go with 99 Revolutions though as lead single.

Most labels dont really do same singles for two different albums course it's up to Warner they can but generally it'd be promoted together or just one album

Also the video has twilight... kinda pointless and be stupid to do imo

Yes but it just came out officially yesterday, and I think those of us who actually waited for it's official release would enjoy some time to appreciate the album.

Sure go for it. No-one is forcing you to click this thread.

Meanwhile, when we first heard 99 Revolutions I thought it would be the first single, but now after a few months I'm kind of thinking they will go with something we haven't heard before. Therefore I have no idea.

I'm thinking 99 Revolutions or X-Kid. Maybe, just maybe it could be Drama Queen or 8th Avenue Serenade. I highly doubt they'll re-release The Forgotten.

The first single will most probably be 99 Revolutions, it's got that American Idiot anti-poltic feeling that everyone loves and is damn catchy, haven't heard any other apart from X-Kid (and The Forgotten) though.

Why the fuck do people continue to just guess songs when we haven't even heard half of the album?

Cause it gets me pumped.

I think the fact that the Twilight Movie is coming out this week is the reason The Forgotten won't be a single on Tre. That soundtrack is going to blow up as soon as the movie comes out and there would be no reason to release it as a single again. But I do think it is a little weird that the green day song is the lead single for the soundtrack yet it is listed as album only on itunes. Usually singles are the first songs made available for purchase, right? You'd think if the album has some songs listed as album only that the lead single would not be. I mean I doubt many people are going to be tempted to buy the whole album if they buy the only individual song for purchase which is by Christina Perri. I mean the lead single is the best song right? At least the twilight people think it is because they selected it as such. Anyway, that just seems the smart way of promoting soundtracks.

As for green day singles, I would like to see Lazy Bones released as a single right before Tre. I think it is that good. I think it has more mainstream potential than even Oh Love to be a massive radio hit. Not sure why Warner wouldn't try to release a new single from Dos while the band can't go out themselves and perform. Make sure people still know green day is releasing new material. Still not sure why no itunes adds are going up too. I would think Warner would buy those adds. I don't think green day would have a say themselves in that. I guess the Steve Jobs rant could have something to do with it.

Hope Lazy Bones is a single, then maybe 99 Revolutions, Brutal Love, and then maybe if popularity is on the rise go back to Dos and release Nightlife as a final single. We still haven't heard all the songs from tre yet, so I guess anything could happen.

I hope its not 99 Revolutions. While its awesome live, the album version sounds pretty boring. Also putting out a political song after the election would be pretty pointless. This is the only song I have heard so far so I can't really say which I would prefer. But 99 Revs, The Forgotten, and Brutal Love have been talked about the most. I guess we will have to wait and see :toocool:

I hope its not 99 Revolutions. While its awesome live, the album version sounds pretty boring. Also putting out a political song after the election would be pretty pointless. This is the only song I have heard so far so I can't really say which I would prefer. But 99 Revs, The Forgotten, and Brutal Love have been talked about the most. I guess we will have to wait and see :toocool:

The world is much bigger than just USA, and if you know anything of what's going on in countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, etc., 99 revolutions would actually be the perfect song at the moment.

So what do we know about Brutal Love? If I remembered its a JOS type of song? I wonder if its a 9 min song...

So what do we know about Brutal Love? If I remembered its a JOS type of song? I wonder if its a 9 min song...

No, Dirty Rotten Bastards is a JoS type of song.

The world is much bigger than just USA, and if you know anything of what's going on in countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, etc., 99 revolutions would actually be the perfect song at the moment.

Same with Israel, there have been huge protests here in the last couple of years relating to social justice. Although at the moment the country is sort of focused on other things.

Good point. That was quite ignorant of me, I usually avoid that. But I think it still would have been better timing to release it before the US election as well as in conjunction with the global protests to the austerity cuts. The EU winning the Nobel Peace Prize is an absolute joke, just like Obama winning it. (I voted for Obama but he doesn't deserve any prize for peace).

Archived