So what will be the first Tre single?

tkdkid717

Dos just came out, just came out. Can we have one fucking day to enjoy it without worrying about the next one?

Uh, most of us heard Dos over a week ago. And Tre is only 3 weeks away from most likely leaking, and the single will come before that. So no, it's not too soon to start "worrying" about the next one.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brain tells me that 99 revolutions will definitely be a single off Tre, (which I think is a poor choice, because for me, that song is far surpassed in quality by all the other snippets and live versions of other songs on the album) but my heart tells me that going with X-Kid, 8th Avenue Serenade, or Amanda would be great choices. I highly doubt they would release the forgotten as a single considering its inclusion in the twilight soundtrack

Did you hear it yet?

No just going by the description

I remember someone tweeting during that show Billie and Jason did acousticly i think in New York? Someone tweeted it was a beautiful song and was the best song performed of the set

No just going by the description

I remember someone tweeting during that show Billie and Jason did acousticly i think in New York? Someone tweeted it was a beautiful song and was the best song performed of the set

I like the title too :)

That's so awesome! Why didn't they record it on video? GDA has posted "Rusty James" only, but I really hoped to see "Missing You" as well :shy:

I like the title too :)/>

That's so awesome! Why didn't they record it on video? GDA has posted "Rusty James" only, but I really hoped to see "Missing You" as well :shy:/>

Guess noone was really recording

I would like X-Kid to be a single, imo.

X-Kid will definitely be fans' favorite, but I am not quite sure about being a single (

repeating others: IMO not 99 Revs. After Oh Love and KLDJ I do not want another Green Day single with so much repetition (harsh but I am thinking of public reaction). I like 99 Revs, it is clearly a concert keeper, but not my choice for the lead single. Drama Queen is a great track as well but it is another ballad with The Forgotten already out there, so my choice would be...

X-Kid, based on what I have heard so far. I have not been this excited for track in a long time... well since I heard the Fell For You snippet on Zane Lowe's radio show.

Pretty sure they confirmed it as 99 Revolutions. You've got to remember that songs like Lazy Bones and X-Kid, while being fan favourites, are never going to become singles. The point of singles is to give people something to click their fingers to; an advert for the album. What does it matter if the fan favourites don't become singles? It's not like we don't already have the songs.

You've got to remember that songs like Lazy Bones and X-Kid, while being fan favourites, are never going to become singles. The point of singles is to give people something to click their fingers to; an advert for the album. What does it matter if the fan favourites don't become singles?
Except recent history suggests that neither GD nor Warner know how to pick a single so let the GDC choose, we can do no worse. :lol:

I think 99 Revolutions would be the logical move on Warner Bros part, therefore I expect them to do something stupid like put out some who-knows-what "LIttle Boy Named Train" as as a single :P

That being said, I think it's a good idea to put out 99R, it's probably not going to be the best song on Tre (even though I think it's fantastic), but it's got that very AI-ish appeal, and even though it doesn't rock as hard as AI, I think it's got all the oomph and catchy melody that singles are made of.

Uh, most of us heard Dos over a week ago. And Tre is only 3 weeks away from most likely leaking, and the single will come before that. So no, it's not too soon to start "worrying" about the next one.

Yes but it just came out officially yesterday, and I think those of us who actually waited for it's official release would enjoy some time to appreciate the album.

I think it'll be 99 Revolutions since most people are expecting a anti-political sort of song. It's a killer song, has good message and has a fucking catchy tune. I'd bet that it'll be a smash single :D just give it some good advertising and I guess it'll be like american idiot all over again

X kid or Brutal love , I want 99 revolutions to be the last single kinda signifying that the trilogy ended with 99 revolutions taking place

I bet Tre will have 3-4 singles.

Hopefully(in no order)

1. 99 Revolutions

2. Dirty Rotten Bastards

3. 8th Avenue Serenade

4. Amanda

I bet Tre will have 3-4 singles.

Hopefully(in no order)

1. 99 Revolutions

2. Dirty Rotten Bastards

3. 8th Avenue Serenade

4. Amanda

i think 99 revolutions will be the first real leadsingle for sure, they also played this song live very often

DRB is too long to be a single

Amanda would be epic! after Amy it is one of my most anticipated songs of the whole trilogy :D

i think 99 revolutions will be the first real leadsingle for sure, they also played this song live very often

DRB is too long to be a single

Amanda would be epic! after Amy it is one of my most anticipated songs of the whole trilogy :D

JoS was a single.

Archived