So what will be the first Tre single?

tkdkid717

I want 99 Revolutions. There's some really solid lyrics in that track, and a lot of people think of Green Day as a political band, so maybe it will appeal to them more.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point. That was quite ignorant of me, I usually avoid that. But I think it still would have been better timing to release it before the US election as well as in conjunction with the global protests to the austerity cuts. The EU winning the Nobel Peace Prize is an absolute joke, just like Obama winning it. (I voted for Obama but he doesn't deserve any prize for peace).

I agree 100% with you. However, I think what the band was trying at this poit was basically to get away from the politics in an attempt to give the impression of a refreshed band that wants to leave aside (at least for the moment) the critical aspect of the last two records. So, even though it would have been a good moment to release 99 rev., it would also have been like the "predictable" thing to do, and Gd has proved to be anything but predictable. :lol:

i say little boy named train :bunny::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That title sounds extremely epic. Based off of that, I think that will be my favourite off of the album (that's saying alot, I love all the songs I've heard thus far). I'm quite sure it won't be a single though.

Guest DisapppearingBoy

There are many single potential songs on this record that can rock the charts than the previous two records. X Kid, 8AS, DQ, 99R.....

I'd choose a more "classic" GD sound as single. Maybe Uno has the power-pop things, but I think that Amanda, 99 revs and 8th AS sounds way more classic for me. I love deepish lyrics.

My bet is going to 8th AS.

Based on the infamous starred whiteboard, it looks like we could be looking at 99 Revolutions and 8th Avenue Serenade as singles. I still think we may get a post release Dos single though, depending on how the album is performing.

There are many single potential songs on this record that can rock the charts than the previous two records. X Kid, 8AS, DQ, 99R.....

Those Abbreviations aren't nessecary.

Based on the infamous starred whiteboard, it looks like we could be looking at 99 Revolutions and 8th Avenue Serenade as singles. I still think we may get a post release Dos single though, depending on how the album is performing.

Nah man. It's a lil too late for more Dos promotion tbh. Tre is already only 3 weeks away.

they should start promoting tre now. all they have to do is to shove the next single down peoples throat and they will buy it.

They said that the original singles off TRE were 99 Revolutions, Stray Heart and 8th Avenue Serenade, so there's gonna be 3 singles on TRE.

Stray Heart was moved to DOS so... I think the next singles off TRE will be:

-99 Revolutions

-Amanda or The Forgotten.

-8th Avenue Serenade

They said that the original singles off TRE were 99 Revolutions, Stray Heart and 8th Avenue Serenade, so there's gonna be 3 singles on TRE.

Stray Heart was moved to DOS so... I think the next singles off TRE will be:

-99 Revolutions

-Amanda or The Forgotten.

-8th Avenue Serenade

You said the keyword ORIGINALLY...

It was originally set for a January release date but now its December

May have 3 singles may have 0 singles we don't know

I remember seeing a picture of their setlists of each album and it had stars or something around certain songs and all of those songs ended up being singles, that would have the singles of tre id think

Hopefully we get a surprise on Tuesday!

Seriously. I'd be fine with a preview, but a new single would be fantastic on Tuesday. Perfect way to enter the Thanksgiving Holiday (here in the US).

Seriously. I'd be fine with a preview, but a new single would be fantastic on Tuesday. Perfect way to enter the Thanksgiving Holiday (here in the US).

Part of me doesn't want to listen to anything until leak/cd

I remember seeing a picture of their setlists of each album and it had stars or something around certain songs and all of those songs ended up being singles, that would have the singles of tre id think

Except we didn't get carpe diem :(

I'm fairly certain that 99 Revolutions will be the first single, it's the been the most talked about track from iTre! in all the articles. And it's one of the few songs from iTre! that they've played in their recent live performances.

My guess would be 99 Revolutions. Since The Forgotten was already released on the Twilight cd, I doubt they'd release it again as the first single. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was released as a second or third single.

Maybe they'll release a single for Tre soon, but I doubt they'll be doing much with it. At least until the band is able to pick up their tour again.

I feel that right now Warner is staying low on the promotions because of the huge amount of promotion they did for Uno. Maybe they hoped it would have at least been enough to carry Dos while the band is absent.

But there could be a possibility that Warner does not want to risk putting a lot of money in promotions that might not work out with the band not being available for show appearances as well. It might cost them too much money and I guess for them a safe bet would be to start a new round of promotions somewhere in 2013 when the band is back in action.

God knows what they have planned out for next year, if they have anything planned at all

I don't get it how the people can say that some song would be good choice as a single if they haven't even heard the song.

I really wonder how they are going to manage all that stuff. I mean, I read somewhere that the band is going to make a new video (It was in the description of a Meet & Greet Competition) and since that "announcmend" there are no informations.

Archived