Green Day and f*** twilight?

ak92

I don't know how about you, bet that was the last drop. Don't get me wrong, Green Day was my favorite band at the time. The trilogy was a f***ing midlife crysis not real music (finally they understood that they are getting old), but that ony shown that didn't have anything to sing about, therefore one sings about love, sex and party... And I thought Ok, they are they are in crysis, it happens to most artists... This was especially proven when Billie went to rehab. But come f***ing on making song for twilight??? And the statement they made why they did this:

"When we were asked to be part of the 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon, and we have always been impressed with the way the 'Twilight' soundtracks are so carefully curated."

Cultural phenomenon... Twilight is as much cultural phenomenon as Justin Bieber. Either they really are so lame to think like that. Or the money they've got are that good...

I became Green Day fan duringAmerican Idiot era, now I see that after Warning they sold out (but still managed to create some great songs) and now they are absolute 0. And it is really sad, because when you think about it, when they created Dookie they done something similar what ramones did when they started you. They made pop mean something, by using as a tool to describe the state of absurdity and meaninglessness. The following albums were also great, the sincerety of Insomniac, the playfulness of sound in Nimrod and Warning, they were great. To me the clearest representation of their talent were songs about anxiety disorder: Basket Case and Panic Song, I mean those songs describe it perfectly. And now they do shit, in American Idiot And 21st CB, they tired to be political, not their strongest field as it turns out... The best description is when they said in the interview: "nobody wins a war, how can you win a war?". I'm not pro-war, but this is BS...

They started something great and blew it. And it is pitty that they are still associated with punk (And I love now that they say that since Good Riddance came out they stoppet being punk rockers, but they still call American Idiot a punk-rock opera). Punk is many things, and different people has different ideas about it, but one thing everyone agrees on is in punk values and ideals is the most important thing, much more important than money. You can be in mainstream and be punk, The Clash and Ramones were, but they have never sold their identity for money and fame.

I guess The Clash song White Man in Hammersmith Palais describes Green Day nearly perfectly...

The new groups are not concerned

With what there is to be learned

They got Burton suits

Ha, you think it's funny

Turning rebellion into money?

what are you doing here? I hope you're open to change your mind, cause you are on a Green Day fans forum.

Hi.

You can discuss your thoughts on Green Day being on the new Twilight soundtrack here:

Although quite clearly you joined this forum just to rant about Green Day not being punk enough for you, so I don't think you'll be sticking around much after this post. Either way, welcome to the forum, and please search for topics that may have already been created before posting new ones. Thanks.

I guess The Clash song White Man in Hammersmith Palais describes Green Day nearly perfectly...

The new groups are not concerned

With what there is to be learned

They got Burton suits

Ha, you think it's funny

Turning rebellion into money?

"You're dumb."

- Black Lips

Archived