Is Green Day losing popularity?

GreenDay98

I hate those fake Green Day fans who loved Green Day up until the trilogy, you don't stop loving someone just because they made an unpopular decision do you? Just because you don't like their new album you decided they suck? Well maybe I decided that I will poison you while you sleep. >:(

I used the wrong emoticon for that

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate those fake Green Day fans who loved Green Day up until the trilogy, you don't stop loving someone just because they made an unpopular decision do you? Just because you don't like their new album you decided they suck? Well maybe I decided that I will poison you while you sleep. > :(

I used the wrong emoticon for that

I don't think it's fair to call such people fake fans though. People's tastes change, and a string of albums they don't like can be off-putting. I'm not what you'd call a fan of the Trilogy but they're still my favourite band ever, but at the same time I can totally see why people might lose interest, especially if this hypothetical person was a fan of the old stuff and not too keen on AI or Breakdown, and then disappointed by the Trilogy.

Really? If abysmal sales, Billie's rehab, a cancelled tour and now Britt's cancer don't make a low point, what does? I mean, I know they clawed it back with Brixton, Reading and Leeds, but on the whole it hasn't exactly been a fun couple of years to be a fan.

you're probably right but let us consider for instance that billie is sober now and that is a reason to celebrate

but what i hate about the trilogy era is the short range of the tour, which was of course caused by rehab but i had no chace to see them last year as many others

Archived