Happy Birthday, Jason White!

localinsomniac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday Jason :)

Since he's the latest member of Green Day, I wrote a brief history of Jason's life pre-Green Day.

Jason White (Born Vlad Von Nausberg) is the lead guitarist of the metal band Green Day. Born on the 11th of November to Bulgarian parents, Vlad left home at an early age, due to an incident involving a hamster, three cocktail sticks and a large balloon. Hitch-hiking across Europe, he used his notable skills as a metal guitarist to ensure that he was never short of money. There is an unconfirmed story that aged 13, Vlad was asked to join the thrash metal band KISS, but he declined, saying they were too hardcore. Aged 15 he made it to America, stowing away in a shipment of carrots and mayonnaise bound for New York. It was here he changed his name to Jason White, and set out on his trip across America.

After revolutionising much of the trance-metal scene during the 90's with his innovative guitar methods, Jason became a much sought after session musician. In 1995 he was considering a collaboration project with indie rockers Metallica, when he met Green Day frontman Billy Joe backstage at one of their concerts. The rest, as they say, is history.

Jason now lives in a studio apartment in downtown New York. He is happily married to a Korean investment broker name Sue Li, and they are expecting their first child. A huge Pet Shop Boys fan, Jason spends his free time collecting memorabelia of theirs.

I see someone else uses Wikipedia to find out Green Day info ;)

Anyway, happy birthday Jason White.

I see someone else uses Wikipedia to find out Green Day info ;)

Anyway, happy birthday Jason White.

Hehe, you wish. That was all me and my fucked up brain.

Kinda late to the party, but happy birthday Jason!!!! You're the best official, unofficial band member any GD fan could want! xD

Archived