Happy Birthday, Jason White!

localinsomniac

Jason turns 39 today. Let's show him some love!

My local news station put it up in a graphic, calling him "Jason White of Green Day" with Good Riddance playing in the background.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday Jason!

never noticed his age before so didn't notice he was the baby of the band.

Still can't believe I was lucky enough to meet him in Paris this year.

Happy Birthday Jason :happy:

We'll think of a video next time.

:mellow: sorry.

Happy birthday :woot: I remember Billie, Mike and Tré made us sing "happy birthday" for him in Milan and Bologna in 2009 :)

I've found a video! at 3.50

Happy Birthday, Jason!! :banana:

Happy Birthday Jason :happy:

We'll think of a video next time.

:mellow: sorry.

well, we made/make videos for the members when they turned/turn 40, since he turns 39 today, i think it's okay if we do his video next year for his decadal birthday ;)

Happy Birthday, Jason!! :banana:

well, we made/make videos for the members when they turned/turn 40, since he turns 39 today, i think it's okay if we do his video next year for his decadal birthday ;)

you're right. But weird since "everyone" except Jason gets one this year :P

you're right. But weird since "everyone" except Jason gets one this year :P

hehe well if everyone turns 40 this year :P (the younger ones are always the poor ones who get less :lol: jk)

let's just not forget about it next year and we at least have an excuse :P

Happy Birthday Jason :)

Since he's the latest member of Green Day, I wrote a brief history of Jason's life pre-Green Day.

Jason White (Born Vlad Von Nausberg) is the lead guitarist of the metal band Green Day. Born on the 11th of November to Bulgarian parents, Vlad left home at an early age, due to an incident involving a hamster, three cocktail sticks and a large balloon. Hitch-hiking across Europe, he used his notable skills as a metal guitarist to ensure that he was never short of money. There is an unconfirmed story that aged 13, Vlad was asked to join the thrash metal band KISS, but he declined, saying they were too hardcore. Aged 15 he made it to America, stowing away in a shipment of carrots and mayonnaise bound for New York. It was here he changed his name to Jason White, and set out on his trip across America.

After revolutionising much of the trance-metal scene during the 90's with his innovative guitar methods, Jason became a much sought after session musician. In 1995 he was considering a collaboration project with indie rockers Metallica, when he met Green Day frontman Billy Joe backstage at one of their concerts. The rest, as they say, is history.

Jason now lives in a studio apartment in downtown New York. He is happily married to a Korean investment broker name Sue Li, and they are expecting their first child. A huge Pet Shop Boys fan, Jason spends his free time collecting memorabelia of theirs.

Happy Birthday Jason :)

Since he's the latest member of Green Day, I wrote a brief history of Jason's life pre-Green Day.

Jason White (Born Vlad Von Nausberg) is the lead guitarist of the metal band Green Day. Born on the 11th of November to Bulgarian parents, Vlad left home at an early age, due to an incident involving a hamster, three cocktail sticks and a large balloon. Hitch-hiking across Europe, he used his notable skills as a metal guitarist to ensure that he was never short of money. There is an unconfirmed story that aged 13, Vlad was asked to join the thrash metal band KISS, but he declined, saying they were too hardcore. Aged 15 he made it to America, stowing away in a shipment of carrots and mayonnaise bound for New York. It was here he changed his name to Jason White, and set out on his trip across America.

After revolutionising much of the trance-metal scene during the 90's with his innovative guitar methods, Jason became a much sought after session musician. In 1995 he was considering a collaboration project with indie rockers Metallica, when he met Green Day frontman Billy Joe backstage at one of their concerts. The rest, as they say, is history.

Jason now lives in a studio apartment in downtown New York. He is happily married to a Korean investment broker name Sue Li, and they are expecting their first child. A huge Pet Shop Boys fan, Jason spends his free time collecting memorabelia of theirs.

lol where did you find that?

Jason White (born November 11, 1973 in Little Rock, Arkansas) is an American musician best known as the guitarist and backing vocalist of the American rock band Green Day. He is also the guitarist and vocalist for the Californian punk quartet Pinhead Gunpowder. He was previously a touring member of Green Day from 1999 when they recorded Warning, until 2012 when he became an official member of the band during the recording of the ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre! trilogy. He is the co-founder of Billie Joe Armstrong's record label Adeline Records.

Happy Birthday, Jason! :happy: I'm glad he's being recognized a lot more lately, he deserves it!

Happy birthday Jason! :woot:

JASON WHITE ON GUITAR YOU PEOPLE! He's such a great guitarist...we love you, fourth - official or not - Green Day :D

Happy birthday Jason!

Still can't get over the fact that I looked out that window the same second mr. White walked by... The good old days in Paris!

Happy birthday Jason! :woot:

JASON WHITE ON GUITAR YOU PEOPLE! He's such a great guitarist...we love you, fourth - official or not - Green Day :D

Happy Birthday Jason :D official member of not he's still awesome as fuck :happy:

He's been an official member for a while now...

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Jason

Happy birthday to you!!!! :)

Happy birthday Jason!

Still can't get over the fact that I looked out that window the same second mr. White walked by... The good old days in Paris!

Such a lucky moment. If it wasn't for you none of us would have met him!

Happy Birthday Jason!

Archived